Beginners and Beyond

It's that time again (2 weeks til HM) (Read 75 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

I would recommend Pequods Pizza, Lincoln Park, about 2 miles west of the race.  They have the best caramelized crust.  Crowded, traffic and street parking, but worth it.  It's unlikely that we would be able to make it down there.  Good Luck  !!!!

http://www.pequodspizza.com/

I CAN'T WAIT!!!  I want a big ole PR, and then I want to head out for some deep dish pizza.  Then, I'm going to start thinking about my 10K, and I'm going to take one week off before starting my 24 week marathon training plan.  I love this stuff.

Zelanie

You are going to do great!  I know you've put in the work, and I'm sure that will show come race day!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Jerry - I'll have to check that place out.  Chicago has so many great restaurants.  It's always a tough decision.

Thank you guys for all of you confidence.  As it gets closer, I'm constantly checking the weather and running scenarios through my head.

MJ5 / LTH - Always great insight.  I know people say that you can over think things and get inside your own head, but I've been in sports my entire life.  I tend to be more relaxed on the day of competition when I'm convinced that I've thought of every possible scenario, and I've looked at the situation from every possible angle.  When you've only done something once, it actually seems to help me to hear the good, the bad and ugly.  If things are going great, I'll feel more comfortable putting my foot a little heavier on the gas.  If they start to suck, I'll be prepared for it.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013