Beginners and Beyond

What's Your Favorite Christmas Breakfast? (Read 64 times)

Pinktastic

I'm looking for ideas of something to make for breakfast / brunch on Christmas morning.   Ideally, I would like it to be at least sort of healthy (or at least not over-the-top unhealthy), something that's fairly simple to make, and something that can be at least partially done the night before.

I know that more than a few of you are excellent in the kitchen so whatcha got?

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

delicate flower

I'd be good with bagels, oatmeal, fruit salad, coffee.  A bakery-made coffee cake, strudel, or danish would be nice too.  If folks wanted eggs, I'd make them eggs.

<3

Pinktastic

I'd be good with bagels, oatmeal, fruit salad, coffee.  A bakery-made coffee cake, strudel, or danish would be nice too.  If folks wanted eggs, I'd make them eggs.

Awesome!  What time should I come over?    ;-)

Coffee cake does sound good.....     Thanks!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

obiebyke

My friend makes an amazing and easy french toast bake. I'll get the recipe, because I want it, too!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Zelanie

I make cinnamon rolls the night before and let them rise slowly in the fridge, then bake them the next morning.  Healthy?  Nope, sorry!

We usually have them, then open presents, then later on have a brunch with eggs and potatoes and a fruit salad.

catwhoorg

Labrat

Bacon Sammiches made with back bacon. (Not streaky bacon, not Canadian Bacon, real back bacon full of meat and with little fat).

Big family tradition.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

LRB

Cream cheese sausage rolls.

I cannot give you an exact recipe because I have never followed one, it has basically just evolved over the years.  The one below will give you an idea though.  I add chives or green onions and use spicy sausage from the deli. If you flatten the dough then roll it after you fill it, you can slice it after it is done and you get these little spiral type thingies, but I suppose the squares will work as well.

In any event, if you know your way around a kitchen you will most likely make your own yummy variation as there is simply no wrong way to make cream cheese sausage rolls!

I use a lot more ingredients than what is listed because one of those things would not last two seconds in my house!  Whatever the case, there is nothing like waking up to the smell of a few of these Fat Boys baking in the oven, along with a scrambled egg casserole on Christmas morning!

1 lb Sausage

1 (8 oz) pkg cream cheese

2 cans Pillsbury crescent rolls

Brown sausage like hamburger meat (drain).

While preparing sausage, soften cream cheese in microwave for 15 seconds.

Unpack the rolls.

Use roll as the bottom crust.

Mix sausage and cream cheese together. Spread mixture onto a bottom crust.

Use the second can of rolls to make a top layer crust by pinching sides together all the way around like a calzone ring.

Bake at 325°F until golden brown. Cut into squarely shaped pieces.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

In a word, Pancakes!

Walk-Jogger

This:

And add a couple strips of crispy bacon, please! And big cup of hot black coffee.

Retired &  Loving It

StepbyStep-SH

We will probably have blueberry-peach baked oatmeal, since I know it is a consistent favorite with my family. Eggs bakes and baked French toast have been hit or miss.

And it is easy to mix up the night before and then just pop in the oven when we get up.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Hip Redux

FTW!

This:

And add a couple strips of crispy bacon, please! And big cup of hot black coffee.

Belgian waffles, eggs, sausage, orange juice, and some sort of holiday-spiced coffee.

Dutch babies, bacon, scrambled eggs, fresh fruit, OJ and coffee.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

There have been no wrong answers here.

Dave

LRB

There have been no wrong answers here.