Beginners and Beyond

Turn Over Tuesdailies (Read 36 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good morning all...figured there'd be some speed work going on, so turn over seemed appropriate, given that and then last day of the month!

Hope you all have had some great runs. I'll have a lot to work my way back through.

I had a great time at my 100 miler. So many people played a part in helping me get to the finish, so it was fun to share my race in different ways with lots of friends (and strangers too). Ended up finishing in 23:36, so about a 5hr 20min PR for me. You don't get to say that much in road racing, do you? lol

I've still managed to keep my streak going of running every day this year by getting out for 2.5 miles yesterday. They weren't pretty, but they got done. I only have one spot I'm actually worried about...right calf could either still just be very sore or maybe something more severe. It really held me back the last 10 miles or so as I was just afraid it was going to rip. Signs are positive after waking up this morning though, so I'm hopeful.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Congrats on the race, beast!  And on the new PR.

I have Pilates and 5 miles tonight.  My BP is still high, FTS.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

SIAR - Congratulations on the finish and the PR.  Well done.

DR - I hope you get your BP under control.  Anything in particular trigger the rise?

I'm back to earth today, having run 7.6 miles including 5 x 1,000 / 400 at the track.  The run distances keep getting longer with each workout and thus less rest proportional to the workout, but I'm managing to keep up so far.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

LRB

Ended up finishing in 23:36

That truly is amazing. I cannot even fathom it.

Docket_Rocket

SIAR - Congratulations on the finish and the PR.  Well done.

DR - I hope you get your BP under control.  Anything in particular trigger the rise?

I'm back to earth today, having run 7.6 miles including 5 x 1,000 / 400 at the track.  The run distances keep getting longer with each workout and thus less rest proportional to the workout, but I'm managing to keep up so far.

You mean, apart from having a mother who's been on BP meds since age 18 and her "normal" BP is like 200/100?  Nope, nothing else.  LOL.  I've been on BP meds before (in my late 30s) but last time I got a reprieve of a couple of years.  We knew it would happen since genetics are stronger than anything else (it's not health related, neither to weight, food, etc.)  I just hate that it is happening now.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

SIAR - That's a very impressive time.  Hell, double that would still be impressive.

I rode 50 on an overcast and humid morning.  It rained last night, and more is coming today.  That's a good thing, the garden and blackberries need it.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

'Morning!  'Tuesday!  I swam before work. 2300 yards.  Short bike workout later.

I had a great time at my 100 miler.

Fantastic work, SIAR!  Wow, you felt something painful in your leg NINETY MILES into you run?  Shocking!  Big grin

When someone posts about running 100 mile, I'm like why even bother posting about my little workout?  

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Did a route this morning, starting from and finishing at the gym on the UTSA campus. I felt fine, the back felt fine, a very nice run/walk. I ended up with 4.1 miles, going at a moderate pace. It really WAS darn humid though.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

RunningOnSand

'Morning!  'Tuesday!  I swam before work. 2300 yards.  Short bike workout later.

Fantastic work, SIAR!  Wow, you felt something painful in your leg NINETY MILES into you run?  ShockingBig grin

When someone posts about running 100 mile, I'm like why even bother posting about my little workout?  

LOL Big grin

Seriously, SIAR. That is beyond amazing. My HM felt like the run that never ended. I really can't imagine running 100. Or 50. Or even 30. Hoping your calf isn't a big deal.

Speaking of calves, Jay, how's yours? You didn't hop on early this morning so I'm assuming a RD?

Docket, that sucks about your BP. Sounds like there's nothing really that you can do, since it's genetic? 

Fred, nice job hanging on on those 1000s.

PR, you put in so many miles! Blackberries are one of my favorites. Enjoy them.

I ran a recovery pace 4.5mi yesterday, today's a RD but with some injury prevention work. Not a ton else going on over here. Hoping you all have an awesome day, friends!

Cyberic

Bike commute day. I will run some intervals at lunch. Exact nature of those intervals yet to be determined.

SIAR, what was the 100 miler that you ran? A friend of mine ran the Viaduct Trail Ultra 100 this weekend in northern Pensylvania. Was wondering if that was the one you did. You might have mentioned the one you were doing, but if you did, I was obviously not paying attention.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Docket...Sorry about the BP. Like you said, it's a struggle to overcome genetics.

Fred...Looks like a nice workout - great job.

LRB...You just keep it rockin'...until you start rollin'...and then you just roll on in!

Pleasant...Thanks! Even though I'm happy, I feel like there's lots of room left to improve, which I guess is encouraging. Nice work on the long ride.

Baboon...I guess I should figure something is going to hurt huh? You've been doing two workouts a day for like a hundred years now...I think you're more than entitled to post away Smile

Scotty...glad the back is doing well. Nice job on getting the miles in.

ROS...I hear what you're saying about feeling like it isn't going to end. The trick for me seems to be not thinking about the finish really. I don't even think finishing entered my mind until the last mile. It was always just about getting through the mile I was in (at least once things got tough).

Cyberic...Enjoy the discretionary intervals! My race was the Burning River 100, in Ohio. Since I had failed at my other 100 attempt there in 2016, I wanted to go back and get it done.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

GinnyinPA

SIAR - Wow! Congratulations on a great finish to your race. I hope the calf loosens up soon.

onemile

congrats SIAR!

Cyber, isn't it kind of hot to run intervals at noon?  I get up early on workout days to avoid 80 degrees.

Cyberic

Cyber, isn't it kind of hot to run intervals at noon?  I get up early on workout days to avoid 80 degrees.

Last evening I was tired. I had to decide if I wanted to get more sleep today or do better intervals (cooler, and not limited to 35 minutes). I chose to get more sleep.

So yes, it's going to be hot, but totally a decision I made.

MTA: Decided I will run them at 10K pace, with little rest.

5 x (1000m@10K / 1minute jog). It will be good enough.

LRB

LRB...You just keep it rockin'...until you start rollin'...and then you just roll on in!

lol - The cohones it takes to run one of those are a size I will never attain.