Beginners and Beyond

MonDAILIES - Who's Frozen in Place? (Read 49 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Who is deep in throes of Arctic cold and snow? Are you running anyway?

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

It is 52 in NYC today (WTF?!) But then supposed to drop below 0 tonight. Nothing like the northern states and Midwest though!

Went to spin class this morning. It was awesome! I modified what the instructor said a little....no standing, less resistance sometimes but still ended up with the goal she set for the class: 20 miles!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

StepbyStep-SH

Weather.com says it is currently -20*, feels like -*44, here, which is about 10 degrees warmer than they were predict panicking about all weekend. Not that I am going to go out there anyway.

I was going to go to the Y this morning, but DS was up several times in the night again, and when the alarm went off at 4:30, I didn't have the willpower to do it. So today's workout will be a series of stair intervals with strength training in between (ex: 3 minutes on the stairs - 20 pushups - 3 min stairs - 50 crunches - 3 min stairs - 20 squats ...). Better than nothing. And maybe a yoga video. The rest of the day will depend on whether DS still has the fever he was running yesterday.

Stay safe and warm, runners!

(Or for D - stay cool!)

StepbyStep-SH

It is 52 in NYC today (WTF?!) But then supposed to drop below 0 tonight. Nothing like the northern states and Midwest though!

Went to spin class this morning. It was awesome! I modified what the instructor said a little....no standing, less resistance sometimes but still ended up with the goal she set for the class: 20 miles!!

Yay! Glad you are back to working out!

happylily

Kristin, look at you moving! Yeah!

It's mild and raining here this morning. People say it's very very slippery on the roads. I have to go shopping after work, hopefully things will be better by then.

I finished my last recovery week with a total of 63 miles. I think I'm well prepared for the first week of my plan, which essentially will be a repeat of last week. Today should be SRD, but I might run 2 or 3 slow miles tonight, if I'm back early enough.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Supp!

All I know is there is a crap ton of snow in my driveway, hmph.  I decided last night to call in to work today, something I rarely do.  I just did not feel like dealing with another slow frustrating morning drive, behind people who act as if they just moved to Michigan.  Only to get to work and have to drive behind more people who act as if they just moved to Michigan.

And besides, a player like me has about one million days in my bank so taking one will not hurt it.

And now it's COFFEE TIME!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Scheduled running rest day. Pilates later. Cold but not like everyone else. But it will be very frigid here later tonight.

Marjorie

LRB

I finished my last recovery week with a total of 63 miles.

I am happy that you will be sharing this marathon training cycle with us here in the dailies.  If 63 miles was a recovery week, we are in for some delicious reading!

Good morning Shari, Marj and Kris!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Waves to LRB. Go get you another cup of coffee. You need to stay warm!

Marjorie

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Thanks guys! Can't even tell you how good it feels to sweat!

Lily 63 miles is a recovery week? Sweet Lord you rock!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

Waves to LRB. Go get you another cup of coffee. You need to stay warm!

Crapton of snow here too, even though I ran the snowblower twice yesterday to try to keep it manageable. Plan to go out in a little bit to take care of it, since it has stopped falling; should be fun in the 20-25mph wind. The bitter cold does not hit till tonight & tomorrow. Schools are closed, today was the first day back from winter break...the kids are REALLY disappointed. And my office is not open till noon, my first day back from vacation...I am equally disappointed. Until they plow our street, which they are not usually super-prompt with, I likely won't physically be able to go anywhere anywhere.

Oh, and SRD! Well planned. Actually I would normally do my 6:30AM yoga today, but even if I could miraculously get there, I'm guessing the instructor would not.

Stay safe people!

Dave

delicate flower

Happy Monday!  Boy, today sure is a crappy weather day.  Sure it's warm, but it is raining, it is foggy, and the roads are covered in ice and slush.  Just all around yuckiness.

OMG it's been so long since I've gone for a run!!  (since Friday).  I'll hit the treadmill after work.  We'll see how the legs respond after two days of hard skiing.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  I have 6 miles today and I better run because I took two days off with this ankle.  It will be cold tonight, and Floridians will feel the Arctic blast is arriving with a low of 45F.  I can imagine the paraphernalia I'll see on the way to work tomorrow.  Unfortunately, it will be back in the 80s by tomorrow.

Damaris

MothAudio

Good morning runners! Sunday: 8 miles 1:25:25 - 10:40 avg. pace - recovery in snow in short pants! Due to the forecast of sub-zero weather for the next few days I decided to sneek in a run yesterday, just to keep the juices flowing, heading into the meat of my mini-run vacation. As expected felt good but kept it in 1st gear. The snow-covered roads discouraged going much faster.

Then it was off to a local gathering place and root on my Chargers with my youngest. Wasn't sure how we'd be received with our team jerseys on but everyone was cool, in the heart of Bengal country. I even bumped into a guy with a Chargers shirt and we had this rambling conversation back-n-forth. Man, that place got quiet as our team pulled away and won. We're expecting the coldest temps in several years today. Keep warm and run inspired!

Speed / Specific Endurance / Threshold / Hills / Neuromuscular / Moderate

Week 1: 29 miles
                                Monday: 9 miles 1:24:36 - 9:24 avg. pace - easy
                                Tuesday: 11 miles 1:36:16 - 8:45 avg. pace - fartlek + mile cool down. Feel like I could use some speed work :> [12/31/13] Total Miles: 3010
                                Wednesday: SRD [self-imposed running vacation begins].

Thursday: SRD
                                Friday: SRD
                                Saturday: SRD

Sunday: 8 miles 1:25:25 -10:40 avg. pace - recovery in snow.

chargers 2014

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile