Beginners and Beyond

Mondailes... (Read 35 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Blah, my son was up singing and chattering until 2 this morning....... 

One thing I'm realizing over the last 2 weeks during my runs, especially runs over an hour. My garmin 220 is nearly dead, yesterday morning it was like above 85% I know that, but by the time we finished our 13.1 mile run it was at 13%. Looks like I will definitely be in need of a new garmin before the September marathon, and definitely before my 2020 goal because I would lose my shit if my garmin dies and doesn't track it all.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Morning. I have 7 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Blah, my son was up singing and chattering until 2 this morning....... 

He will probably sleep the whole day through while you walk around like a zombie.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 10 extra-easy miles in thick fog.  It was a good run, and a fine start to the week.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

He will probably sleep the whole day through while you walk around like a zombie.

Well, he has school so I'll be fighting him here in half an hour to get up... fun fun. He's fallen asleep a couple of times at school but yeah I'll be a zombie.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Cyberic

Looks like I will definitely be in need of a new garmin before the September marathon, and definitely before my 2020 goal because I would lose my shit if my garmin dies and doesn't track it all.

Yup. Do not let that happen.

Run Commute Day. Beautiful day, sidewalks are finally almost all good. Tomorrow snow again for two days, and Friday, some rain!!! Marvelous.

I might hit the track at lunch.

delicate flower

Happy Monday, I guess.  I did not want to roll out of bed at 5:00 this morning, but I did, and I zombie-swam 2600 yards before work.  Tomorrow's weather is looking pretty awful, so I think I'll move my 10 mile tempo run up a day and do it after work today.  I still have some 10K fatigue in my legs, so I'll go into that workout with low expectations.  It'll still beat the hell out of doing it in a snowstorm or on the torture belt, plus it'll give my kegs an extra day before my mother of all long runs this coming weekend.

YA HEARD.

<3

More snow overnight, and more coming this afternoon. Working from home today; getting there would be tough, getting home even tougher. If I get a run in today, it’ll be another shitty one like yesterday’s, but mercifully much, much shorter. I was already prepared, if I did drive to work & used my normal gym, to just hit the treadmill. There is a gym near home, I’d need to pay $5 for a day pass. But probably well worth it.

Dave

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Yup. Do not let that happen.

Run Commute Day. Beautiful day, sidewalks are finally almost all good. Tomorrow snow again for two days, and Friday, some rain!!! Marvelous.

I might hit the track at lunch.

I'm looking at the Forerunner 25, $99. I just need the mileage, calories and (elevation).

PRs

Happy Monday, I guess.  I did not want to roll out of bed at 5:00 this morning, but I did, and I zombie-swam 2600 yards before work.  Tomorrow's weather is looking pretty awful, so I think I'll move my 10 mile tempo run up a day and do it after work today.  I still have some 10K fatigue in my legs, so I'll go into that workout with low expectations.  It'll still beat the hell out of doing it in a snowstorm or on the torture belt, plus it'll give my kegs an extra day before my mother of all long runs this coming weekend.

YA HEARD.

So you raced a 10k Saturday and your doing a tempo workout today? You cray.

Dave

One thing I'm realizing over the last 2 weeks during my runs, especially runs over an hour. My garmin 220 is nearly dead, yesterday morning it was like above 85% I know that, but by the time we finished our 13.1 mile run it was at 13%. Looks like I will definitely be in need of a new garmin before the September marathon, and definitely before my 2020 goal because I would lose my shit if my garmin dies and doesn't track it all.

How long have you had it? Seems they often don’t last more than 2-3 years. My 220 is pushing 4 years and I feel like I’m on borrowed time.

Dave

delicate flower

So you raced a 10k Saturday and your doing a tempo workout today? You cray.

Do what I gotta do.  I'll skip the tempo and run easy for five miles if it's ugly.

<3

delicate flower

Strava says I am 110 miles ahead of last year with 60% more elevation gain.  And here I thought I was slacking on the hill running.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

How long have you had it? Seems they often don’t last more than 2-3 years. My 220 is pushing 4 years and I feel like I’m on borrowed time.

I would definitely say I bought it in 2016, maybe 2017. I'd have to look it up, I considered turning off the bluetooth but I went ahead and purchased the Forerunner 25 for $99,  nothing fancy, just so my runs can be tracked.

Edit: I purchased it 3 years ago yesterday, on amazon. Gotta love being able to find your orders on there.

PRs

delicate flower

FYI, cauliflower pretzels are not as delicious as they sound.

<3