Beginners and Beyond

2013 in 2013 Team 5 - Auhugh!! Time to post miles for Week 2! (Read 398 times)

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

No, Van, no New Year's Eve runs!!!  Miles don't count til Tuesday, so everyone should plan a New Year's DAY run.

Oh I'll be doing that too!

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Village people

I am going to rest (clean) today and run tomorrow. DH has been away with 4/6 of the kids, but he is coming home today. I am hoping to run outside.

Crew_Dawg

Hi team, i fou f this thread also.  Im just glad i dont have to go to rwol anymore

-- Ice, I could ice for hours

Raising a glass to a great 2013, running and otherwise!

So did you guys pick a team name yet or maybe even try to set up a team goal marathon or two for the spring and the fall.

I hear Louisville and Chicago are nice choices!

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
              • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
              • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

Village people

BCR, I like your new siggy!

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

We are Auhugh!!  It was Christian's team name at cross country camp this year and is a war cry of sorts.

As I mentioned on FB, while we can't officially let you on the team we are making you an honorary member.  I'll keep track of your miles in our team spreadsheet, so while they won't count in head to head match ups, they will still serve to help inspire your fellow warriors toward victory,

We are Auhugh!!  It was Christian's team name at cross country camp this year and is a war cry of sorts.

As I mentioned on FB, while we can't officially let you on the team we are making you an honorary member.  I'll keep track of your miles in our team spreadsheet, so while they won't count in head to head match ups, they will still serve to help inspire your fellow warriors toward victory,

I thought we were waiting for a roster spot to open up.   No worries anyhoo.  I don't mind just hanging around and seeing how team Augh cleans up on all of the glory this year.  Guess I will just have to change my sig line and disappoint DJJan.  By the way what does that stand for?

I love this running quote.

“Every morning in Africa, a Gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a Lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest Gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a Lion or a Gazelle... when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.”

• Sub 22  5K

Warriors.  That's all you need to know.

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

I thought we were waiting for a roster spot to open up.   No worries anyhoo.  I don't mind just hanging around and seeing how team Augh cleans up on all of the glory this year.  Guess I will just have to change my sig line and disappoint DJJan.  By the way what does that stand for?

It was originally my understanding that you could be added as an individual but I later got word from an administrator that it could not be done after all.  But we are keeping you (alberit unofficially) because we like you.  Smile

Village people

“Every morning in Africa, a Gazelle wakes up. It knows it must run faster than the fastest lion or it will be killed. Every morning a Lion wakes up. It knows it must outrun the slowest Gazelle or it will starve to death. It doesn't matter whether you are a Lion or a Gazelle... when the sun comes up, you'd better be running.”

I love that! BCR, DJJan is just a play in my initials with my name, Jan. Nothing exciting.

You will aleays be a team 5 warrior!

It was originally my understanding that you could be added as an individual but I later got word from an administrator that it could not be done after all.  But we are keeping you (alberit unofficially) because we like you.  Smile

Your very sweet.  I will try to stay in touch with the team but I have to warn you that I get very bored sitting on the sidelines.  I'm sure those admin people were just trying to keep things compeititive as we would have destroyed the rest of the field.   Even with a handful starting the year off on IR.

So is FB where you plan to do most of your planning or have you thought about a Team Auugh side group?  It would be cool if you could post and respond in both places.  Someone should bug Eric about this.

• Sub 22  5K
                            crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

I think, for now, we will mostly be on FB.  If for no better reason that I am there most frequently.  But we have gotten all but two team members onto the FB group and I believe one of those may be dropping.  Our group seem to be working well at the moment but we'll see if activity starts to drop off.  If it does, I'll get creative.

delicate flower

My week 1 is done, since I will be tracking Sunday to Saturday.  Tomorrow I am skiing.  Only 27 miles this week.  It was a cut back week for me, plus it's a short week anyway.  Sorry!  I'll be a consistent mid-50's contributor though throughout the year.

<3