Beginners and Beyond

2013 in 2013 Team 5 - Auhugh!! Time to post miles for Week 2! (Read 398 times)

BruceD555

Baboon: So sorry to hear you took a spill no the slopes and I'm hoping for a good prognosis from your doc. Take it easy and I hope you're on the fast track to recovery.

Train smart ... race smarter.

delicate flower

Thanks, Bruce!

<3

Thanks, Bruce!

Auugh dude that just sucks.  I hope it is just something minor.  Get well soon and think happy thoughts.

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
        • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
        • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

Congrats to coderunner and mithrandir (and me) for all placing in their age groups at 5ks this weekend.  Special shout out to coderunner for his PR. 

Thanks Lara! I had a bunch 'o fun at that race.  Congrats to you and your son too!

Phil, don't sweat the team dude.  Just get better.  Let's hope for some good news from the doc.

Trail Monster

Babboon, don't worry about the mileage! I'll be making it up for you for the next few weeks at least!

Ran a 5 mile warm up today and then ran the Run to Read HM. This was supposed to be a 'long run with lots of people' kind of thing but I ended up setting an 'official' PR of 2:09:45. I say 'official' because I ran a 2:08:something on my treadmill a few months ago. I'm sure I could have blown that out of the water had I not run an extra 5 miles first.

Total for the week: 42.33

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Babboon, don't worry about the mileage! I'll be making it up for you for the next few weeks at least!

Ran a 5 mile warm up today and then ran the Run to Read HM. This was supposed to be a 'long run with lots of people' kind of thing but I ended up setting an 'official' PR of 2:09:45. I say 'official' because I ran a 2:08:something on my treadmill a few months ago. I'm sure I could have blown that out of the water had I not run an extra 5 miles first.

Total for the week: 42.33

Congrats on the PR.  Why such a long warm up?

GJ on the weekly total.

Hey team, I am late to the party it looks like.  Sorry for that.

Baboon, how many times do we have to tell you that skiing miles don't count!  Smile Sorry about the accident, hope some rest is all you need.

Got into a car accident over the weekend, someone front ended us while we were on vacation 400 miles from home.  Of course, my car isn't driveable.  Had to get a rental to get back home, and my car will be fixed in the tourist town, so we'll have to make another trip back to get it.  Ugh.  It happened within the first hour we were there, so it kind of spoiled the rest of the weekend.  Got home this afternoon and got my long 18 mile run done on the TM while watching the Biggest Loser, and logged 34.4 for the week.

Have a good week team, I'll try to keep up in the future.  I'm still learning everyone's name too!  I'm Van by the Way, or call me Waldo for short.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Trail Monster

Congrats on the PR.  Why such a long warm up?

Cause I was scheduled for 18 so this wasn't supposed to be a race, just a long run where I wasn't by myself.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Village people

Nice job, Banshee!

Hi Van, I'm Jan. We rhyme.

How is the knee, Baboon?

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

I started a new weekly thread but it would appear you all like this thread best.

We are doing well with the posting.  So far, 20 out 26 members have posted their miles for a total of 479 miles.  At least two of the ones who haven't posted yet are very reliable so I think we are in great position for Monday.

We also have BCR's miles in the team spreadsheet so even though they aren't official - I'll post both totals after the results are posted.  It's a shame we can't use him as a designated hitter for poor baboob.

Village people

I didn't even notice the other thread, sorry. I mostly pop in here looking for you guys.

I ran a coupke extra miles for Baboon. BTW, unless I am specifically given the okay, I will always refer to you guys by your screen names, even though I know your real ones. Since my name is in my screen name, feel free to call me Jan.

Feel free to call me Andy or c0de or whatever you want (within reason LOL). And always looking for FB running friends, so feel free to request if are so inclined.

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

I mess up a lot confusing screen names and real names so if I use one that is not preferred let me know.

True story from yesterday.  Christian had planned a six mile tempo but decided to pace one of my friends on her last 12 miler before her first marathon.  I thought that odd but given that she's much slower than he is, let him go with it.  When he got home and realized he'd run way more than his goal miles and a new weekly PR to boot, he asked "Will that make up for baboon's injury?"  He was a little bummed to realized Head 2 Head doesn't start til next week.

Trail Monster

My real name is Sara. You can call me either name. And you can find all my other social media on my blog (link in siggy) if you wish to friend me/follow me/whatever. Smile

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

delicate flower

I mess up a lot confusing screen names and real names so if I use one that is not preferred let me know.

True story from yesterday.  Christian had planned a six mile tempo but decided to pace one of my friends on her last 12 miler before her first marathon.  I thought that odd but given that she's much slower than he is, let him go with it.  When he got home and realized he'd run way more than his goal miles and a new weekly PR to boot, he asked "Will that make up for baboon's injury?"  He was a little bummed to realized Head 2 Head doesn't start til next week.

That's funny!   Big grin  I don't know...I had aspirations of 2500 miles this year, so he's got a bit more making up to do.  But my year is not yet lost...it's only week 1!

BTW, I saw my primary care doc today but he couldn't really tell me too much other than my knee is broke and I'm not allowed to run.  Ortho appointment next Tuesday.

<3