Beginners and Beyond

2013 in 2013 Team 5 - Auhugh!! Time to post miles for Week 2! (Read 398 times)

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

I had to have knee surgery in January of 2011.  I ended up running 1600 miles that year anyway.  If you were closer, I'd send you to my ortho.  Who is not only a good surgeon, but a good friend and a damn good runner.  Though apparently, he chose to ignore my request to put in some bionics while he was working on the knee.

I am so happy this week! Smile I don't run on the streets or sidewalks in Beijing, and there aren't any decent parks near me, so the vast majority of my running is done going around and around and around on one of the tracks at the many universities in my area. Sadly, we got some snow several weeks ago (not super common in this dry climate, although it's certainly cold enough) and they closed all the tracks. It has been really frustrating and I even paid way too much money for a one month gym membership so I didn't end up quitting altogether. But this week one of the tracks has finally opened up again. Silly to get so excited about it, but I am, haha. It will definitely help a lot with my mileage.

Of course I just noticed that the air quality index for the time I went for a run yesterday evening was not just "very unhealthy" but creeping into the "hazardous" range. Cough.

Auhugh!!

I prefer to be called "79".

; )

Baboon-  BROKE broke?  Or messed up broke.  Hoping for the least bad version of the word, anyway!  : /  That really sucks.  And that photo- you look so resigned!  EDIT- Just saw your knee thread.  Ohhh...  Broke broke.  Man, I hope for some good news about that soon!  So sorry. : (

kaitlin-  that stinks.  It must be hard to be a runner in Beijing!  You don't happen to have any acquaintances with treadmills, that you could butter up, do you?  ; )

Well, I ran this morning, so I have miles to post this week, yay!  Hoping that this trend continues.  : )

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Back on the night shift for a few days.  My running schedule is a total whack job because of my work life.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Folks this is team 5 here.  Not some other lame ass team.  People will have a variety of things that will get in your way of running.  I get that.  However, this team will endure and overcome.

So I say stop making excuses and find a way to run.  Some of you may have an injury, well then run in the water.  Some may have to do too much work, well then put a treadmill in your cube.  Some may have too many kids activities (raises hand here), well  run while they are doing the activity even if you have to carry your other five children.

One of our team is finding a way to run even in snow, fog and heavy traffic.  Kudos to you.  I personally would run with a shovel,  fog mask thingy and a bright light but a track works when open.

In other words just find a way to run.

*Baboon you may want to wait on that but think water running. 

Have a great day,

Your benchwarmer and biggest fan.

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
            • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
            • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon
            crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

Pool running sucks but is effective.  It was all I was able to do from October-December.  Started back running the first week of December and though my mileage is still low (for me) my 5k time last weekend was only about a minute slower than my average.

Find an indoor pool, though.  Geez, I was glad I wasn't out any longer than I was cause I was beginning to fear hypothermia.

Village people

I did 12 yesterday. I absentmindedly put on my running stuff this morning, so I ran 6.

I did 2 this morning.  It was supposed to be a day off but I figured, how much harm can 2 miles do, really?  ; )  The knee seems to be fine with it, and the calf and hamstring soreness seems to be wearing off.  Good, good!  : )

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Trail Monster

I've got long intervals today. Should be fun.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Some may have too many kids activities (raises hand here), well  run while they are doing the activity even if you have to carry your other five children.

Your benchwarmer and biggest fan.

LOL. I did exactly that yesterday (minus carrying the other kids like a football). Drove one up to the dance studio, set out on a run, and arrived back just a couple minutes before she was done. BAM!

So yesterday was 6, tonight is 5. I'm on a roll. Tonights run will make 6 days in a row.

Auhugh!

LOL. I did exactly that yesterday (minus carrying the other kids like a football). Drove one up to the dance studio, set out on a run, and arrived back just a couple minutes before she was done. BAM!

So yesterday was 6, tonight is 5. I'm on a roll. Tonights run will make 6 days in a row.

Auhugh!

That is runtastic!  Nobody says you have to sit around and watch the little squirt.  I actually find I am better off not watching them practice.  Then I don't worry about how they are not doing something right.  Much easier.

Keep up the good work Team Auhugh!

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
                        • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
                        • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

Village people

That is runtastic!  Nobody says you have to sit around and watch the little squirt.  I actually find I am better off not watching them practice.  Then I don't worry about how they are not doing something right.  Much easier.

Keep up the good work Team Auhugh!

I am usually coaching, so that isn't always an option, but DS3 plays football and practice is two hours long. Lots of time for a few miles and to still be around to watch some tackling drills.

delicate flower

That is runtastic! 

Are you related to Rachael Ray?

<3

BCR, you are wise!  Thanks for the kick in the pants!

Got in a decent 9.2 mile run on Tuesday afternoon, despite battling a pesky cold and lack of sleep.  I take Ambien when I'm on the night shift, but my dog had other plans and only let me sleep about 5 hours.  >:  I've also got another marathon in 5 1/2 weeks, so it's time to get serious again.  I feel I'm finally getting some of my speed/stamina back after a couple of weeks of short/slow trail runs.

6 mile run Wednesday afternoon.  Cold may be moving to my chest though, will have to see what it brings for Thursday.  Be well team. Auhugh!!