Beginners and Beyond

2013 in 2013 Team 5 - Auhugh!! Time to post miles for Week 2! (Read 398 times)

BCR, you are wise!  Thanks for the kick in the pants!

Got in a decent 9.2 mile run on Tuesday afternoon, despite battling a pesky cold and lack of sleep.  I take Ambien when I'm on the night shift, but my dog had other plans and only let me sleep about 5 hours.  >:  I've also got another marathon in 5 1/2 weeks, so it's time to get serious again.  I feel I'm finally getting some of my speed/stamina back after a couple of weeks of short/slow trail runs.

More likely I am just a jerk.  I leave the nice stuff for DJJAN and CRL.  I like hearing that your kicking ass in the running department.  Disappointed that I am hearing more whinning.

Would like to see you message changed to something like this:

"Despite fighting a pesky cold and a lack of sleep I kicked some serious butt today and got 9.2 miles in.  Nothing is going to get in my way or stop me from carrying team 5 for the next few weeks. That is when I have to start my taper for my marathon  and you slackers are going to have to carry me for a bit. --- GTA  (Go Team Auhugh!)"

Nice job with the 6 mile run as well.  Keep up the good work.

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
    • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
    • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

Trail Monster

I got in 9 last night. It's supposed to be a rest day but I might do a few recovery paced miles since I have an abbreviated long run this weekend.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Village people

More likely I am just a jerk.  I leave the nice stuff for DJJAN and CRL. 

Take that back!

BruceD555

Folks this is team 5 here.  Not some other lame ass team.  People will have a variety of things that will get in your way of running.  I get that.  However, this team will endure and overcome.

So I say stop making excuses and find a way to run.  Some of you may have an injury, well then run in the water.  Some may have to do too much work, well then put a treadmill in your cube.  Some may have too many kids activities (raises hand here), well  run while they are doing the activity even if you have to carry your other five children. 

So you're saying something like ...

In spite of suffering in delirium the past 3 days sick in bed with a rare winter bout of malaria and missing two runs, I'm going to soldier on and make my team quota miles for the week anyway.

(OK, so malaria may be an overstatement but the 3 days is the truth)

Train smart ... race smarter.

Village people

So you're saying something like ...

In spite of suffering in delirium the past 3 days sick in bed with a rare winter bout of malaria and missing two runs, I'm going to soldier on and make my team quota miles for the week anyway.

(OK, so malaria may be an overstatement but the 3 days is the truth)

Bruce, we are warriors!

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

You do have the flu, right, Bruce?  You scared me with the malaria thing.

The results are up and I think we were 6 out of 10 teams but my info gets sketchy from there.  I recorded 556 miles (value added BCR miles would bring it to 599.)  For scoring, only the top 20 posters are recorded.  My husband has not yet worked his excel magic on my spreadsheet to figure out what that comes to.  The Runner's World result thread reflects 556 as the total miles and 495 as the scored miles.  But the blog has us with 521 miles and I don't know how that number was arrived upon.  But I believe our standing was the same on both sites.

And the good news, is we beat team 6 regardless on the exact numbers.  There was no official matchup this week but that is who we face next week.  Phil is on IR and Bruce has a mysterious illness (not malaria!) BUT jgiegle is running Goofy and I believe we'll see higher numbers from a couple other members.  And we beat team 6 without the posting bonus which they had. I believe our ghost will be removed prior to results next week (though I could be mistaken on that) if she does not post again so we may get the bonus next week assuming everyone who posted this week does so again.  So to make a long story long, we are in good shape for next week.

There will be bigger battles, though, so be prepared to haul out the warrior spirit soon.

I think you are right, CRL, that if she doesn't post again this week she'll be removed and won't be counted against us, bonus-wise.

I should have a few more miles this week than last week, and will be almost up to my "goal miles".  I do plan to build past that as I am able, though, so hopefully that will help us a bit in the future.

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Trail Monster

I will have 38.5 this week if I don't add any extra. Still well above goal (24.5).

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

BruceD555

Based on how bad I felt M-W I'm calling it malaria Big grin. I feel much better today and should still get in all my "pledged" miles for the week (got dreadmill miles over lunch & more outside tonight). I just won't be as high as what I'll be doing normally this winter cycle (Pfitz 18/70)

Train smart ... race smarter.

Bruce, hope the worst is past you.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Village people

Don't push too much, Bruce. Let yourself get better.

I hope your knee is feeling better, Phil.

I am having a good running week. I am five away from my weekly goal with three days to go. My weekends are usually busy with kid stuff, so the more miles I get during the week, the better.

Trail Monster

Got another 7 tonight. Already over goal this week!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Love the Half

I sucked week 1.  Doing better this week at already 51 miles with two days left.  My legs felt good today for the first time since I raced an 8K last Sunday.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

SRD today, and while I thought about shifting my long run tomorrow to today because of weather, I decided to just suck it up.  It was 55 degrees today.  Tomorrow, the feels like temperature will be about 10.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Village people

Hit my weekly goal for the week. Any runs on the weekend will be bonus miles. I love bonus miles!  My basketball team plays tomorrow and BIG fooball game on Sunday!