Beginners and Beyond

2013 in 2013 Team 5 - Auhugh!! Time to post miles for Week 2! (Read 398 times)

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/environment/pollution/air-pollution-in-beijing-reaches-hazardous-levels/articleshow/17993756.cms

I'm not sure I even want to venture out to go to the gym. Dead <-- (perfect emoticon in this case)

I've only done 6.5 so far this week. Hopefully I can get some more in but I'm not sure.

Auhugh!!

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

Very nice running, everyone!

I've got 13.6 to post for this week.  sigh...  I guess it's better than just being on IR.  I had to cut my run short today, though.  Ready to move on from this.

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Katlin, that sounds horrible.

Kristin, you're dealing with ITBS, is that correct?  Keep stretching...

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Katlin, that sounds horrible.

Kristin, you're dealing with ITBS, is that correct?  Keep stretching...

Yeah, I am.  Stretching, rolling, exercising, oh my!  lol

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

I've seen a couple posts here and on the FB groups of people being upset about missing their weekly mileage goal and I want to reiterate that ITS OKAY!  It's just running and it's just a game.  No one here is expected to be a mileage machine or to outrun their goal every week.  Life happens.  Malaria happens (ok, well not really...)  Kids get sick.  Jobs interfere.  No matter how much we don't want to admit it, sometimes we break.  I want everyone to do their best to meet their own goals but do not get too hung up on hitting a specific number each week.  There will be weeks you miss your goal.  There will be weeks you obliterate it.  (Last year, I made the top 20 many times.  I also posted many goose eggs but in the end, I was very close to my actual goal mileage.)

I hope that each of you make not only your mileage goals for the year but more importantly your running goals - whether it is tackling a new distance or setting a new PR.  But mostly, I want you to have fun and to enjoy the journey.  Cause if it's not fun, you won't want to do it.

See this is nice and sweet!  I hope you feel better as well Bruce!

Don't push too much, Bruce. Let yourself get better.

I hope your knee is feeling better, Phil.

I am having a good running week. I am five away from my weekly goal with three days to go. My weekends are usually busy with kid stuff, so the more miles I get during the week, the better.

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
                • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
                • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

Again nice and sweet below:

I hope that each of you make not only your mileage goals for the year but more importantly your running goals - whether it is tackling a new distance or setting a new PR.  But mostly, I want you to have fun and to enjoy the journey.  Cause if it's not fun, you won't want to do it!

• Sub 22  5K

For my third post in a row!  You are not always going to feel your best when running.  Sometimes it takes getting off your ass when you don't feel like it.  It is easy to get up, eat and watch TV.  It is hard to get up at 4:00 in the morning when you hear 25MPH winds, pouring rain and your throat and legs still hurt.  However, you have goals and you have people waiting on you so you get off your ass because you don't want to be that bon-bon eating, couch sitting, excuse making person that you used to be.  You want to reach your goals no matter how hard they are.  You joined this team because you wanted others to help you and to push you to that goal.  Other wise why in the hell did you even join this team?

I'm telling you now I'm only spending my time on here to help you!  I want to see you do great things.  You are all awesome and I can't wait to watch how this team grows during the year.  I want to see new records, new mileage goals and a healthier world.  To do that I now must get off my own couch, get dressed and hope I don't break a leg tripping over a log or something I don't see because the rain is whipping in my face and wolves are chassing me in the woods!  So you get off your ass and find a way to run!  Reach those goals people.

Get it done Team 5!

Huggs and Kisses

BCR

• Sub 22  5K

I hope that each of you make not only your mileage goals for the year but more importantly your running goals - whether it is tackling a new distance or setting a new PR.  But mostly, I want you to have fun and to enjoy the journey.  Cause if it's not fun, you won't want to do it.

Well said! :-)

Auhugh!!

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

I do like the way BCR and I play good cop bad cop.  Smile

But to agree with one of his points, (and this is not necessarily related specifically to the goal miles question) sometimes you will not feel like running.  At all.  I have days like that.  On those days, I make a deal with myself.  I only have to run 4 miles.   Your deal can be shorter but 4 miles is short for me.  If I still feel like crap at mile 2, I turn around and go home.  But usually, by the time I make it that far, I've shaken off the funk and do my normal 6-8.  So sometimes, yes, negotiate with yourself and make yourself do those miles.

But not to the detriment of any other part of your life.

Good morning.

Lara, very true, this is only a game.  I think sometimes we put too much stress on ourselves because we didn't hit a goal, or are low on mileage.  I do it too.  But, at the same time, it's just running.  Life goes on.

BCR, yes, today is one of those days I don't want to run.  I'm tired, crabby, and still recovering from a cold.  The wind chill outside is 1 below right now. And I'm putting off my run for a bit.  Hoping coffee will kick in and help change my mind.  But thanks for the motivation dude.  You're kind of like a drill sergeant.  Hope you have a great run too.

Everyone else, happy Sunday, and don't forget, it's time to post again!

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

Village people

Good morning.

Lara, very true, this is only a game.  I think sometimes we put too much stress on ourselves because we didn't hit a goal, or are low on mileage.  I do it too.  But, at the same time, it's just running.  Life goes on.

BCR, yes, today is one of those days I don't want to run.  I'm tired, crabby, and still recovering from a cold.  The wind chill outside is 1 below right now. And I'm putting off my run for a bit.  Hoping coffee will kick in and help change my mind.  But thanks for the motivation dude.  You're kind of like a drill sergeant.  Hope you have a great run too.

Everyone else, happy Sunday, and don't forget, it's time to post again!

Van, you guilted 5 more miles out of me. It is only 40F here.

Trail Monster

Heading over to post my miles now. 39.1 total. I feel like I should go run .9 more....

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop