Beginners and Beyond

2013 in 2013 Team 5 - Auhugh!! Time to post miles for Week 2! (Read 398 times)

I still haven't run.  Lied back down for a nap.  This cold is kicking my tail.  But I'm heading out in a bit.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

I still haven't run.  Lied back down for a nap.  This cold is kicking my tail.  But I'm heading out in a bit.

You, sir, are a warrior!

Blah, wind chill was still only 4 at Noon.  Decided to go to the gym for a TM run, and only did half of what I was supposed to today.  Oh well.

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

I run on treadmills when it is hotter than 90 so I have no problem with people in freaky cold climates doing the same.  Smile

BruceD555

HA! I laugh in the face of malaria. HA! HA!

Ended up with 45.5 for the week even with the two unscheduled days off sick. Next week I should be back up to high 50s/low 60s with training.

Train smart ... race smarter.

"BCR, yes, today is one of those days I don't want to run.  I'm tired, crabby, and still recovering from a cold.  The wind chill outside is 1 below right now. And I'm putting off my run for a bit.  Hoping coffee will kick in and help change my mind.  But thanks for the motivation dude.  You're kind of like a drill sergeant.  Hope you have a great run too."

My run was fantastic.  I was worried when I headed out the door.  4 knuckle heads all waiting in the rain for a 12 mile run.  Just awesome.

However, that pales in comarison to someone truly not feeling well and still finding a way to get a few miles in.  I've done it with the flu when I had a 285 day streak going with a min of 2 miles.  augh that was the worst 2 miles ever.  Second to only when I ran 2 miles for the first time.

Keep it up people.

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
              • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
              • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

Trail Monster

BCR any chance you want to pace me at Burning River? I could use some tough love in the middle of the night.

On that note I think I'm really developing some mental toughness (*knock on wood*). I haven't missed or shortened a workout in 7 weeks. Woohoo!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

I wish I could pace you at Burning River...  The only place I run other than the Tampa Bay area is the Cleveland area.  Bob pointed out parts of the Burning River course on the way to Towpath...

Bruce, that's some great mileage, even with malaria,  (wink).

Banshee (I think your name is Sara, but can't remember for sure), will this be your first 100?

Lara, yeah, I'm no stranger to the TM, having done runs 18 to 31 miles on them, but the TM won today.

BCR, hope it was a warm rain!

Village people

HA! I laugh in the face of malaria. HA! HA!

Ended up with 45.5 for the week even with the two unscheduled days off sick. Next week I should be back up to high 50s/low 60s with training.

Wow! Great week, Bruce!

Van, I still have one kid at home, so I am usually on the treadmill.

Great week, Warriors!

@Sara, I'm not sure running on a burning river is a really good idea.  I'm not even sure how you run in water much less when it is on fire :-)

Sounds like you are already ready for it.  Is that 100 mile race?  If so is this your first or is this just another day in the park for you?  Either way you will really bring up the group numbers for that week.

@CRL - I had 65 miles for the week.  Yeah I know they don't count but if I'm going to yell at you people then I need to hold myself accountable as well.

@Bruce:  Yeah it was warm rain and the wind died down pretty well after we got started.  Whew I really hate the wind!

• Sub 22  5K

Trail Monster

CRL, you're more than welcome to join me at BR. So far only my DH is definitely coming.

vw, yep first (successful) 100! And yes, I am Sara. Wink

BCR, first attempt where I will actually finish. Wink  I sure hope that will be my first 100+ mile week!

Ive got 4-5 on the schedule today. But first chiropractor for Graston! Bring on the pain!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Wow I can't imagine the pain you are going to be in after this!  Man I wish you nothing but the best for this painfest!

Knock em dead and just keeping going one foot at a time.  Sooner or later you will finish.  I wonder if they would deliver you a pizza in the middle of nowhere and while you are moving.

• Sub 22  5K

Sure, just call the pizza delivery guy and have him meet you at an intersection.  No problem.  I've done two 24 hour races, and have had pizza during both.  It doesn't go down as easy as you might think when you 18 hours into it.

I love running in a warm rain.  So much fun.  Hate running in the wind.  There's nothing worse than wind that can ruin a perfectly good run.  Fact!

Rest day today. I've got a couple of errands to run, and it's day 7 of 7 at work.  It's my Friday, finally!

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

Dang I wish we could count BCR's mileage!

Got it in the spreadsheet.  Smile