Beginners and Beyond

SleepInThursDailies (Read 23 times)

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

NRD for me. Slept an extra 45 minutes which felt good. Started to get some sinus symptoms yesterday but a little better today after a coupel doses of mucinex and ibuprofen. Who's out there?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Strength training for me this morning. May run later, not sure. I need to run into the office after lunch for some things, so a lot depends on how annoying traffic is. Earlier this week I overheard a conversation about how work life balance has improved since people returned to the building full time. It took everything in my power not to scream from my office are you kidding?

bluerun

Super B****

I tried to sleep in but my body was having none of it, which was super annoying. Especially since I really want to run, but will give it another couple of days.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Morning! I have 8 with 4 @ MP which will likely be on the TM since our low today was 68F. Back to summer for a few days. Pilates after work.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Had to be at work early, so just a 30min pool run…

for the LIONS fans, a bit of history, Steve Belichick:

https://www.untothebreach.net/2021/10/14/world-war-ii-chronicle-october-14-1941/

LRB

https://www.untothebreach.net/2021/10/14/world-war-ii-chronicle-october-14-1941/

Sign him up!

sdWhiskers

7.2 miles, at faster-than-normal-but-still-feels-easy. Yay!

About 2 min into my run, I realize there's a helicopter circling overhead. Uh oh. Turns out the 6-lane main road was shut down in both directions for several blocks for fatal traffic crash. It's almost drop off time for a middle and elementary school right next to it so impending traffic disaster. I don't usually run with my phone so couldn't call MrW to warn him (he was dropping off Kid) but luckily a friend was sitting in the traffic, so I asked him to relay the message. All the traffic was pushed onto the side streets which made it pretty treacherous as a runner, which in turn made me run a bit faster.

6 miles.

Dave

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                    10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Running is Back 10k, 5/12

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

about as close as the Lions are likely to get to Belichick's success

delicate flower

What's up there, cupcakes!?  I swam this morning for the first time in two months.  I didn't feel quite like I was starting completely over, but it sure was slow and tiring.  I could only muster 1800 yards in my one hour block of time instead of my usual 2500-2700 when I am in shape.  It's all good though.  Then I ran 6.4 easy miles on my lunch break.

<3

Jess runs for bacon

Wanted to go out this morning but it was super foggy and humid, got my run in before lunch though after it all burned off. 3 miles easy. Now working on a batch of macarons and avoiding work Smile

Anyone following the Brett Favre story, with all the money he owes for speeches he didn’t give? What a numbnuts.

Dave

Also, I wish they would stop sending me emails promoting the race I’m already registered for.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

This is the weirdest post-marathon problem I've ever had: all of me feels pretty much okay, but my jaw is absolutely killing me. Like, I feel that I ought to go on a liquid diet for a week because it hurts so much. What in the world?!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog