Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Why the f**k do I get up so early to run?? (Read 44 times)

LRB

LRB

'Sup.

I was really a dirty birdie in the calorie department yesterday, eek.

I must do better today...

Or not.

Now then, what's on your agenda?

Cyberic

'Sup.

I was really a dirty birdie in the calorie department yesterday, eek.

I must do better today...

Or not.

Now then, what's on your agenda?

The heat index is supposed to hit 104 today and 106 tomorrow. What the f***?

Guess I'll run in the morning, since I don't really have anything else planned anyway.

bluerun

Super B****

Because if I got up that early just to go to work... I wouldn't get up.

AlterG 8.2.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 7 tonight.  Another sleepless night.  Should be fun at work!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

AlterG 8.2.

Is AlterG time expensive?

Ran 6 very easy. Had my watch on HR only, and in the second half of my run, I had to fight continuously with myself not to go faster to keep the HR in check. This is very different from the way I usually run.

Since HR reflects your effort considering your pace, your fatigue and the effort of cooling yourself, it's probably one of the best ways to make sure you're running easy.

Hopefully I'll be in great shape for my 9@MP tomorrow. Usually Wednesday is Hansons SRD, but since I decided to run, I wanted to make sure I'd keep it easy.

Cyberic

Morning!  I have Pilates and 7 tonight.  Another sleepless night.  Should be fun at work!

That sucks. And there's a popular belief that running makes you sleep better. Well, It does actually work for Baboon!

LRB

That's golden.

Docket_Rocket

That sucks. And there's a popular belief that running makes you sleep better. Well, It does actually work for Baboon!

Lucky man!

PS, I agree on the HR thing.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Ran 6 very easy. Had my watch on HR only, and in the second half of my run, I had to fight continuously with myself not to go faster to keep the HR in check. This is very different from the way I usually run.

Since HR reflects your effort considering your pace, your fatigue and the effort of cooling yourself, it's probably one of the best ways to make sure you're running easy.

Hopefully I'll be in great shape for my 9@MP tomorrow. Usually Wednesday is Hansons SRD, but since I decided to run, I wanted to make sure I'd keep it easy.

Interesting. I tried monitoring my HR when I first got my 410. I got bored with it.

bluerun

Super B****

It gets pricey to rent time on there.  Which is why I bought one, so aside from the fact that I paid a shitload of money for it a couple of years back... now it's free for me.

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

That's golden.

It's true.  That's why I can't go to work tomorrow -- I'm running at night, so I have no reason to get up in the morning!  (I mean, that's not why I'm not going to work.  But it sounds good, so we'll go with it.)

chasing the impossible

bluerun

Super B****

chasing the impossible

delicate flower

HOORAY SLEEP!  8.5 hours last night.  It would have been more but Olympic swimming kept me awake last night.

Speaking of which, I am starting to get itchy about my race.  Not nervous at all...just excited.  I don't have any time goals pressuring me (i.e. BQ or PR's), my placement doesn't really matter, and I know I am going to finish the race, so really it's just about doing my best.  Normally for my marathons, I feel knots in my stomach thinking about it.  I've got none of that now.

Anyway, bike ride tonight.  The weather may force me onto the spin bike.

<3

Cyberic

Interesting. I tried monitoring my HR when I first got my 410. I got bored with it.

For now, I'll just monitor my HR when it's warm out and I have a workout the next day. In those conditions, if I go by feel, I usually end up running my normal pace and tire myself more than I intended. Usually, I don't care much about my HR.  But after today's experiment, and the way I feel right now, I find it effective enough that I will do it again once in a while for that specific purpose.