Beginners and Beyond

It's Friday and bring on the weekend Penguins (Read 212 times)

Jen16226

Good Morning fellow Penguins......and it seems fellow "losers". LOL

I have ALWAYS struggled with my weight and had a click moment about a month ago and restarted my journey only to get hung up with the holidays.  I was sick with the flu for a few days last week and during that watched an interesting documentary on Netflix called Forks over Knives and after seeing that, decided to continue to journal on My Fitness pal, but stay away from all processed foods.  I lost 7.4 this week.  The processed foods are THE only thing different I did and man did that really put me in a good mood this morning!

On tap for me today is work and then I have 60 mins of cross training to get done on the elliptical.

I am glad that it is a cross train day as tomorrow will be in the 60's here so I will be excited to get on the trail by my house.  I am pretty lucky with my trail.  It is along the Allegheny River and approximately 20 miles....looking forward to slowly but surely covering more and more of the trail!

Jerry- I am envious that your spouse runs with you!  Yes I am going for it in August.  I am one that needs to plan ahead for everything.

Heydoc- Nice on the 5 miles!

Mitch- That is really good news that the Dr told you!!!!

N-Bug- I am a foodie too, some days it is just so hard to stay on track!  Love my beer too...yet another problem. LOL  Good luck on your 12 miles!

Jen- I would swap the days too.  Enjoy your warm weather, I know where I am we are hitting 60!

Philliefan- Enjoy the mountains.  It looks like you are on the other side of the state from me.

Kristin- Good luck with the Dr appt.  I hope he gives you what you want to hear about the knee.

Bill- Have a good day.

Scotty- Sounds like you had a great run.....anything that ends with a beer is ALWAYS great.

Lauren- have fun with the scan....I've always thought about doing something like that.

Zelanie- Good job on your 5.5 last night.

Oh well....time to do some work.

Everyone have a great day!

Goals for 2013:

Run 10K Race- ACCOMPLISHED!!!!

Run HM

RACES:

2-9 Kittanning Rotary Club 5K 44:38 on ice UGH

3-9 New Port Richey, Fl Pasco Challenge 10K- 1:22:55

5-12 Komen Pittsburgh Race for the Cure 5K

7-6 Ford City Heritage Days 5K

8-4 Pittsburgh Rock n Roll 1/2 Marathon

9-29 Richard S.Caliguri City of Pittsburgh Great Race 5K

Philliefan33

So what will you do in the mountains, Margo?  Safe trip, have fun! 

Let's see, LR on Saturday and recovery run on Sunday.  Work on a jigsaw puzzle, read, watch basketball and football on TV.  Look for deer and turkeys that come to visit (especially if I put out some corn for them).  If we are really lucky we will see the bald eagle, but since the lake is freezing over he doesn't come to fish as often.

It's pretty quiet up there this time of year.  It's too cold for biking or kayaking and we don't downhill ski, so DH and I just relax.

Philliefan33

Philliefan- Enjoy the mountains.  It looks like you are on the other side of the state from me.

Yep -- "main" home in Bucks County and a little weekend retreat in the Poconos.

DD2 is a student at Pitt, so I've made enough trips west to recognize some of the areas that you and Tori talk about.

Singer who runs a smidge

Good morning, Penguins!!  I had a great chorus rehearsal last night!  Today I'm not swimming, but will hopefully be running tnoight, if we don't get poured on.  Good times!  Tomorrow I have chorus coaching from 9:00 to 4:30.  And yes, that's a solid day of singing, except for a lunch break.  I guarantee I will be pooped tomorrow evening!!

N-Bug -- have fun with the 12!!

Gustav -- hope the karaoke was a blast!!

Jen -- I think I'd switch up too.

Phillie -- enjoy the SRD and mountains!!

kristin -- have a good yoga and foam roll!!

Jerryb -- have a good run with DW!!

Bill -- stay awake in the meetings!!

scottydog -- nice run, woo-hoo for free beer!!

Lauren -- have a good brain scan!!

Zelanie -- have a good RD!!

hog -- have a good run, and don't sweat the biopsy!

Jen -- have fun cross-training and trail running!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

tracilynn

Good job on the weight loss everyone!

Phillie, your weekend vacay home sounds great.

Lauren,  good luck with the scan, hopefully they find a brain, right?  Snort.

Zel, enjoy your rest day

Jen16, sounds like a great trail.  I love trails, you lucky girl!

Hello to everyone else.

I havent run in a week due to sinus inf and then a stomach virus(and possible flu).  I was gonna try an easy 2 last night but I coughed a good bit yesterday so decided to rest another day.  Will try a couple today.  Supposed to be in the 70s this weekend, will be nice to run in shorts and tshirt in mid jan :-)

~~~~~~~

Traci

its the half on saturday and then the full on sunday. you get a 3rd medal for doing both races.

Damaris what is the Goofy Challenge? I'm guessing it's like a hat trick but woth the Disney Marathon instead of a half?

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Docket_Rocket

Hi, guys.  Wuick post as I head out to travel for Disney.  Hope everybody is well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

hog4life

6.12 miles done.

Zelanie, I changed my watch to avg pace and it hardly moved from the 9:48 pace. Even when I tried to speed up, it still showed the slower pace. Maybe I can play with the lap thing, it's currently set on auto lap at one mile.

From the Internet.

Ha, Traci they did indeed find a brain Smile They do an anatomical scan first just to make sure!

I forgot that it was going to be combined fMRI/EEG and my hair is still full of conductive gel, but now I've got $50 of gas money to get to my parents' house this weekend, so score one for me Big grin Don't worry hair, I'll wash you when I get home!

Damaris, have fun at Disney! Smile

SheCan

Good morning Penguins!  Hope you're enjoying the cold!

N-bug-  congratulations on your weight loss.  I can't believe it wants you to only do 1200ish calories.  That's barely anything for a man!  No wonder you're losing weight.  It's awesome that you've been able to stick with it.

Bill-  good thing it was 65* when you ran.  A winter rain did not sound like pleasant running weather.

Scotty-- how very nice of  the people at the restaurant!  No wonder it's your favorite.  Plus kilts are hot!

Jen16-  Great job on the 7.4 lbs this WEEK!  Wow!  My DH uses myfitnesspal, and has had some success with it when he really tries.  Its' cool you have the trail to run on right by your house.  To me, trails are just so much more enjoyable.

philliefan" Look for deer and turkeys that come to visit (especially if I put out some corn for them).  If we are really lucky we will see the bald eagle, but since the lake is freezing over he doesn't come to fish as often."   How lovely!  I think all us penguins should come join you in the mountains sometime!

tracilynn- hope you start feeling better.

Lauren- Yay@ $50  have fun at your parents home!

I did an easy 5 today in the cooler weather that blew in last night.

Hope everyone has a great weekend, and good luck to everyone racing!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Singer who runs a smidge

I'm starting the countdown ... 2 hours and 10 minutes.  I'm sleepy and I'm doing narcotic computer work!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

tracilynn

I ran 2.5 mi today and it was tough.  Blah.  First run in 7 days.

Lauren, Im so glad they found a brain!  Ha

Cherie, good idea, lets all have a penguin FE at margos mtn homeBig grin

TGIF pengs

~~~~~~~

Traci

Philliefan33

Penguin Party in the Poconos!  Sounds like fun!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Scotty-- how very nice of  the people at the restaurant!  No wonder it's your favorite.  Plus kilts are hot!

I agree, SheCan, kilts are hot on the ladies.  I think you should post your photo wearing one.  Joking

Someone asked, I forget who.. Goofy Challenge:  You run the Disney Half on Saturday and then the Disney full marthon on Sunday.  And then you get three medals:  a Donald Duck shaped medal for the half, a Mickey Mouse shaped medal for the full,and a Goofy shaped medal for doing both.   Oh, I see Tomas already explained; okay, so I'm redundant...I blame it on old age.

Sounds like a scenic trail, Jen, along the Allegheny, nice.

Deer and turkey...I take it they are friendly,  to you, Margo since you feed them.  I don't ski either.  I tried it once...ran into a goat.  It figures.  Blush  Penguin party in the Poconos does sound like fun!  Can I play in your mountains? Big grin

Good luck with your run, HsM, and hopefully it will not pour on you!  If it does...stop in a bar along your route to dry off and also to win the wet shirt contest. Wink

Mitch, that was fast, glad they are getting you in quick!  Wishing you all the best!

Hi, guys.  Wuick post as I head out to travel for Disney.  Hope everybody is well.       Wuick?  So, you're already 'talking' Disney cartoon character, Damaris! Wink   Good luck, you Goofy runner!

Hair full of conductive gel, gee that sounds like fun, Lauren.  Hope it doesn't thunderstorm on you before you get home! You'd be like a lightning rod!

Traci, so sorry you are not feeling well!  Hope you are 100% in no time!   Gee, you still look great in your avatar, can't even tell you're sick!  Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

So jealous that Damaris is heading to Disney!! My aunt is there already and Ryan thinking of signing up next year!!

I took an UR today, mostly because this week was the first full week back to work after the holidays and it killed me! LR tomorrow, probably on the treadmill since it is supposed to freezing rain here and I don't trust the drivers on the roads I run on!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!