Beginners and Beyond

Adding pictures... (Read 383 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

What seems to be the best way to add pictures? I see a lot of little question marks where there should be a picture? I have used photobucket for the few that I have added, but that also seems hit and miss. Is it easy from an iPhone (not that it matters, since I don't have one).  Just wondering what you are all doing. 

xor

I posted my response to this in the Office Hours stickie thread, but I just use http://tinypic.com.  It is owned by photobucket, but it is easier to use and doesn't require an account.  And it will resize pics for you (use "message board" or "web page").

Once you have a picture there (or really anywhere on the internet... including photobucket), then just use the tree button/icon in the menu when you are editing a post.  Plug in the url for the picture and zip zap zoop, picture.  If it doesn't work, then that's because either 1) the thing you are trying to link isn't a picture (it has to be a gif, jpeg, or png... NOT an html page with a picture in it) or b) it is a picture but the place you are trying to link doesn't want you to link their pictures (not an issue for stuff in tinypic)

Example, which I just put into tinypic...

IT'S JUST THAT EASY

xor

If you are trying to link something which is ALREADY on the internet, then skip all that crap about tinypic and just link the image.  Again, the important point is that to display it as a picture, you have to link a picture/image... a gif, jpeg, or png file.  If you try to use the tree icon with an html page or something, it'll just go bzzzzt.

Here are several species of small animals gathered in a cave and grooving with a pict:

(that pic is actually located at http://i.ytimg.com/vi/mNXwstD9xvw/0.jpg)

IT'S JUST THAT EASY

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I tried the tinypic and I just keep getting the question mark.  I am hopeless and shall remain anonymous. I do like those little donuts, however.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Just pathetic...

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

SRL- is that first pic from the race where you win your spouse's weight in beer - or something like that?

And the second pic is Pink Floyd - but duh, it says that right on the bottom!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

delicate flower

I use Google Picasa to host my pics, with 100% success.  My internet connection gets a little wonky at work due to all the websense blocking, so I just stick to what works. 

<3

Nevrgivup

Seriously, there has to be an easier way to add photos. I tried the tiny pic from my pictures and I downloads and it didn't work. I have a Mac. What is the best way to do it?? 

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

I also have a Mac. I was using photobucket to add a few to that facebook thread, but not it is not working for me.

Misty

Make sure you're using the "direct link" URL. Tinypic works for me from my iPad.

See?

Misty

Bless your heart.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

How about now?

xor

Seriously, there has to be an easier way to add photos. I tried the tiny pic from my pictures and I downloads and it didn't work. I have a Mac. What is the best way to do it?? 

It's not that hard.  I promise.  Really really.

Yall give me the urls of the things you are trying to add.  This is what tinypic should have spit out after it uploaded your pics.  If it didn't upload your pics, tell me what it did.

And oh yeah, picasa works great too.

It's not that hard.  I promise.  Really.

xor

SRL- is that first pic from the race where you win your spouse's weight in beer - or something like that?

And the second pic is Pink Floyd - but duh, it says that right on the bottom!

Yes and yes.  There's a song on that album called "several species of furry animals... etc"

tundrasusie

I couldnt seem to get any of my photos to link up from my flickr account, but it seems to work well with my photobucket account!