Beginners and Beyond

Adding pictures... (Read 383 times)

Nevrgivup

photo

Here you go. Thanks.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

xor

I couldnt seem to get any of my photos to link up from my flickr account, but it seems to work well with my photobucket account!

Gimme an url you are trying to use from flickr and I will play with it when I'm not on me cellphone.

xor

(snip)

Here you go. Thanks.

IT'S JUST THAT EASY.

True, this site won't suck in your pics like RWOL did.  But tinypic is still cool and will resize stuff.  BTW, it is a handy way to make avatars for sites that won't handle resizing and are a bit gruff with their size restrictions.

I couldnt seem to get any of my photos to link up from my flickr account, but it seems to work well with my photobucket account!

Here is how I do it with Flickr.  Open Flickr in a new tab.  Select the picture you want.  Go to the main page for that picture.  Make sure it is public.

Then select "Share"  >  "Grab the HTML/BB Code" > HTML code (I usually use the 500 px size, although I think the 640px size works here too).

Copy the HTML code. 

Come back here.  In the gray bar with the scissor icon, smilies, etc., at the very end there is a little button for HTML.  Click on that.  Paste the HTML code into that window.  Hit "Update."

If you did it right, your picture should now be displayed in your post.  You can then edit your post, etc.  You should be able to insert as many pictures as you want that way.

Flickr requires that you link back to the picture, so don't change the HTML code or else you will violate the Flickr TOS. Copy and paste it as Flickr generates and you are fine.  Smile

It sounds like a lot of steps, but once you do it a couple of times it is very fast.

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

sugnim

I can post photos that are on 3rd party websites, but it doesn't seem to like my facebook photos.  Oh well.

tundrasusie

Thanks, I will try that with flickr next time!

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

oops double posted photo and they are huge. Still need to figure it out myself.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

xor

I can post photos that are on 3rd party websites, but it doesn't seem to like my facebook photos.  Oh well.

I don't use facebook anymore, so I dunno what has changed but this used to confuse people because they were trying to link the html page containing the fb image.  You have to be able to get to the raw url with the pic itself (and ONLY the pic).  It used to be that you'd use f-whatever to get out of their dumbass photoviewer, then you would right click on the pic and use the appropriate option to view image... which would pop up the raw url of the image.

Nevrgivup

LOL. Ok how do I delete the picture now in the FB thread. Its huge and very scary. LOL.

xor

oops double posted photo and they are huge. Still need to figure it out myself.

you can go into the html and resize it if you know how.  You can also re-upload it into tinypic and have it resize it for you.  pick "message board" or "web site".

xor

LOL. Ok how do I delete the picture now in the FB thread. Its huge and very scary. LOL.

Edit the post.  Click on the pic... it should get those white dots on the corners like when you click images in most applications.  Use the delete button.

And...use tinypic to resize the pics!  When you upload, that first page has a dropdown to select the image size.  Set that to "message board" or "website"  (or, hell, "thumbnail" if you want a truly tiny pic).  It's easy peasy.

Nevrgivup

Thanks so much! Where are your pics??

Thanks, I will try that with flickr next time!

Good luck with it!

I used to host all the pictures for my blog on Flickr ... so I got used to doing that a lot! 

xor

Thanks so much! Where are your pics??

No pics.  Pretend I look like John Belushi.  (maybe when I'm back on a real computer I will find a pic.)