Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins Enter Here! (Read 189 times)

Docket_Rocket

LOL.

Happy gym time, Gustav!

What is a "shake-out' run, Damaris?  Now I have a mental image of you running along singing out loud....

Shake shake shake, shake shake shake
    Shake your booty
    Shake your booty
    Oh, shake shake shake, shake shake shake
    Shake your booty
    Shake your booty

Oh, You can, you can do it very well
    You're the best in the world, I can tell
    Oh, Shake shake shake, shake shake shake
    Shake your booty
    Shake your booty

Big grin  Big grin

Happy Rest Day, Mitch!  Still on the 12-hour shifts?

Well, gee, Awood, first you have to have a mind to lose... Wink   Congrats on behaving yourself!

Good luck with your miles later, Vance.  Good luck with your son, too, hope you can keep him interested in running.  If not, hopefully he will find some exercise passion.  Long as he is out there doing something to benefit his health, that's what matters.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Dad on the run.

Yea it was unexpected to say the least. My wife was expecting about a grand and needless to say we were both shocked when we saw it was 3x that amount. We put a little in savings then enjoyed the rest.

So after we left academy today we were talking and my wife looked at me and said "your ridiculous, you realize you have more shoes than me" we counted.. I have 15 pair of shoes. In my closet 6 pair are running, 4 running, 1 trail and some five fingers. The rest are an assortment of stuff. I really can't believe I've gotten so out of control. Use to I would have maybe 5 pair at any given time...  I'm ashamed lol.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

Oh, my young Padawan, that is nothing....

Yea it was unexpected to say the least. My wife was expecting about a grand and needless to say we were both shocked when we saw it was 3x that amount. We put a little in savings then enjoyed the rest.

So after we left academy today we were talking and my wife looked at me and said "your ridiculous, you realize you have more shoes than me" we counted.. I have 15 pair of shoes. In my closet 6 pair are running, 4 running, 1 trail and some five fingers. The rest are an assortment of stuff. I really can't believe I've gotten so out of control. Use to I would have maybe 5 pair at any given time...  I'm ashamed lol.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Sloooow.

You loonies, lol. I have one pair of running shoes. I was considering getting a second pair. Considering. The ones I use were $130 and it was tough enough parting with that once.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Gee, I have 7 pairs of shoes in my running rotation...and I don't even run 20 miles a week, lol.  It takes me a LONG time to use up my shoes.

I have already started registering for my 2013 races.  So far I have registered for 11 already,, through January and February.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Sloooow.

Gee, I have 7 pairs of shoes in my running rotation...and I don't even run 20 miles a week, lol.  It takes me a LONG time to use up my shoes.

I have already started registering for my 2013 races.  So far I have registered for 11 already,, through January and February.

Always amazes me how many races you find. Are they all local? In the whole of 2013 there is one 5K within 12 miles of me. I've signed up for one in February (Color Run in NOLA, 200 miles away) and one in March (Susan Komen 5K, 35 miles away). I'm tempted to do the local one as it's around Evangeline Downs and they have a Cajun band on the way back in, lol.

Zelanie

kitteh- Glad you're cleared to run again!

Coralie- It's the same thing with my dogs when I get the foam roller out.  They're pretty sure that means playtime.  And it's an extra bonus for them if I'm sweaty from running.

Jack- Welcome to the spring HM training club!

Jimmy- Nice haul!

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

8.08 miles... good pace for the distance also.   I'm taking a couple days off  - tomorrow SRD and Sunday having another family get-together so I'll be having plenty of good stuff to eat - jaw exercises = cross training.  It's my story, don't judge...  Smile

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

...and a really long time to use up your running pants.   Big grin

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

You loonies, lol. I have one pair of running shoes. I was considering getting a second pair. Considering. The ones I use were $130 and it was tough enough parting with that once.

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW, CORALIE    !!!!!

Sloooow.

GOOD LUCK TOMORROW, CORALIE    !!!!!

Thank you, Jerry!!

I nixxed the run today, annoyingly I have DOMS in my thighs from yesterdays run. So annoying! Sure it will feel better in the morning.

Friends,

Sorry I have been missing in action. I got in two cold runs this week at my dad's house. Once in snow. Today it was 19 degrees with a wind chill of 6. 5.8 miles and I had a blast.

Scotwhen I will have to check out that beach to bay website. I hear it is crazy down there. We may fit in Smile

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas