Beginners and Beyond

Wish all MonDAILIES were in Hawaii with DaveP (Read 28 times)

Cyberic

But we're not! So I'll commute in the cold and then spend all day sitting at a desk working on a computer.

delicate flower

Happy Monday, folks!  I rolled my lazy ass out of bed early for a 2800 yard swim.  It took it nice and easy.  Swims are enjoyable when I don't go hard.  Run later.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  In Broward today (and every day this week).  I got into my car and found the service engine light stayed on and my gas door was open and spring looks broken (which is one of the reasons for the service engine light to come on). So I drove to Broward expecting the car to burst on fire.  It didn't but stay tuned, lol.

My coach told me to run easy today (she was running a 100 yesterday so I knew she would take a bit to send my schedule). Since she promised me a cutback week, I'll try 6 tonight.  I am supposed to go to Pilates so we'll see what happens to the car.  I might have to drive straight to the Lincoln dealership, which is fortunately by my house.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I ran 5.

It was much slower than it felt. I thought I was gliding, when in fact I was slogging.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode the trainer for 2:00.  We got snow overnight and this morning, but it didn't get down to freezing.  The road was just an inch of slush, so I opted to not soak my feet in cold water this morning.  I plan on running 10+ tomorrow.  It will be about 20, but dry and calm.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

sdWhiskers

3 easy miles but I barely convinced myself to get out of bed. Tried out the Tracer 360 for my run and felt like a frickin Christmas tree. It was comfortable and I was definitely visible in the dark. HM on Saturday so just taking it easy.

Work should be easy peasy leading up to the holidays but of course it's not. I'm bringing in 3 candidates this week for an open position in my group and well, interviewing is exhausting. I mean, I'm glad I'm not the one interviewing but still. I'll be home late each day because we take the candidates out to dinner too.

8 miles. Warm but felt good; got out early before the sun, and there were pretty strong winds. Plus a little drizzle. Felt pretty warm once the sun started coming up though, which looked like this FYI.

Dave

Cyberic

Ran at the indoor track 4.5 miles or so, with

1-2-3-2-1-2-3-2 minutes. 1' rest on the 1', 1:30' rest on the 2' and 2' rest on the 3'

Lacked time for the last 1 minute.

Cyberic

DaveP, safe to say it looked better on your run than on mine.

onemile

Looks beautiful DaveP.

I ran 6.

Runshortii

Looks beautiful DaveP.

I ran 6.

RunningOnSand

We don't even have a full page for the MonDAILIES? Where is everyone? Where's our conversations?! I fully expected to be catching up for like 10 minutes.

Anyway, Dave, that's a beautiful way to start the day.

Cyber, nice track workout.

Docket, hope it's just the spring and won't take long (or much money) to fix. Still annoying.

I had a RD today.

LRB

I'm finally in and relaxing. It was cold, grey and dank out today but so far this month, we are winning.

delicate flower

5 easy miles done.  It dawned on me today that if one were to use a standard 18 week training cycle for Boston, one would start today.  

<3

5 easy miles done.  It dawned on me today that if one were to use a standard 18 week training cycle for Boston, one would start today.  

That thing is going to be here before you know it. Especially with you providing the running clock.

Hey, since ROS is complaining about not enough pages in the dailies, maybe you wanted to spend some time chatting about the Bears-Rams game last night? The game that was so action-packed, that the fantasy point leader for both teams was their defense/special teams. You might also want to talk about how well Jared Goff did for your fantasy team.

Dave