Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES! (Read 38 times)

LRB

Hi.

I ran 4, and my legs were most happy that it wasn't any further. This has been a rough week in that regard, it will be nice when it's in the rear view mirror.

What's up?

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 7 miles but since I ran extra miles last night, I might just do 5 after work.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 3.2 miles before my light battery gave up the ghost.  I guess it's  had all the charge cycles it wants.

I hope everyone has a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

Hello!!  I hate walking into work and getting bombarded, especially on a Friday.  

2500 yard swim done before work.  I've got a RUN to do after work as well.  I'll be taking that one easy....heavy training weekend ahead.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I am freaking tired of these windy days, it's one thing to run by myself in winds up to 18 mph with gusts of 22-24 mph.... but to try and run in that kind of wind with a stroller is another thing  I really don't want my son dealing with strong winds or dirt and debris flying in his face.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

8 w/8x100m strides.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

I am freaking tired of these windy days, it's one thing to run by myself in winds up to 18 mph with gusts of 22-24 mph.... but to try and run in that kind of wind with a stroller is another thing  I really don't want my son dealing with strong winds or dirt and debris flying in his face.

Irritating.  I hate anything above 25mph with gusts in the 30s.  Which appears to be the new normal down here.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Irritating.  I hate anything above 25mph with gusts in the 30s.  Which appears to be the new normal down here.

Seems the new normal here, mornings aren't bad with 10-15 mph winds. But Dorian was awake early this morning so I couldn't go. The afternoons for the last 2 weeks now have been extremely windy with 18-24 mph winds.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

8x100m strides.

The day after 14? How'd that work out for ya?

The day after 14? How'd that work out for ya?

...which was the day after 6x1200. But 5 easy tomorrow! Then 20. 

Actually went OK today, the strides felt nice & smooth.

At about mile 6, I was stopped at a light next to another runner. She was doing some kind of hopping in place thing the whole time. I was just standing there kind of irritated. Because FTS.

Dave

LRB

Who wrote your plan, the devil? lol

I did the bunny hop back during year one. Although I shudder at the thought, at the time, I didn't know it was unnecessary (and stupid), so ignorance was bliss?

The funny thing is though that it's much cooler to just stand there and wait, then take off once the light changes. Who knew? Big grin

onemile

Actually went OK today, the strides felt nice & smooth.

I think I would fall apart (the 14 after the 6x1200).

delicate flower

Finally getting around to researching what I need to do for Ironman fueling.  "They" say nutrition is the 4th discipline, and getting it wrong can destroy your day.  It was so easy with marathons...a gel every 40 minutes or so, a handheld containing carbs, grab a cup of water at each station.  Now I need to know how many calories, carbs, and sodium I'll need per hour, how much water I need per hour based on my sweat test readings (ongoing for several weeks now), and I need to find a hydration mix with the right carbs/sodium balance that contains no fructose (see "delicate flower" moniker).  I've ruled out Gatorade, Gu, Hammer Nutrition, Skratch, Nuun, Clif.  Looks like Ucan may work but I hear it tastes awful.  I may give it a try though.  From there I think I'm looking at custom blends.  And that, my friends, is a cool story bro.

<3

LRB

I think I would fall apart (the 14 after the 6x1200).

I might be able to pull that off, given that I sort of do that on the weekends anyway. But the strides on the third day would've been at easy pace. lmao

LRB

Finally getting around to researching what I need to do for Ironman fueling.  "They" say nutrition is the 4th discipline, and getting it wrong can destroy your day.  It was so easy with marathons...a gel every 40 minutes or so, a handheld containing carbs, grab a cup of water at each station.  Now I need to know how many calories, carbs, and sodium I'll need per hour, how much water I need per hour based on my sweat test readings (ongoing for several weeks now), and I need to find a hydration mix with the right carbs/sodium balance that contains no fructose (see "delicate flower" moniker).  I've ruled out Gatorade, Gu, Hammer Nutrition, Skratch, Nuun, Clif.  Looks like Ucan may work but I hear it tastes awful.  I may give it a try though.  From there I think I'm looking at custom blends.  And that, my friends, is a cool story bro.

Powerade?

And dizam. lol