Beginners and Beyond

Weekend Penguins (Read 16 times)

Jill.

Penguin Power!

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Hi Pens!  This morning I ran 3.1 mile to a 5k, "raced" a 5k, and ran home.  Hubby took the subway over and raced the 5k with me.  I made him stick with me for the first two loops but I let him run ahead of me on the last loop.  So 9.3 (or maybe 9.4) miles total.  It is certainly an interesting way to get a longer run done.  We waited for everyone to finish the 5k (it is small and free and largely not competitive).  In the future if we're going to wait, I'll jog an easy cool down loop because I got too cold between when I finished and when the last two people (with strollers) finished.  The timing system involved Popsicle sticks =D

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

From the Internet.

Planned 10 mile long run turned into 8.3ish at 8:39 average pace with the club. Whoops. That was a bit of a workout. Shocked that I kept up and didn't feel like crap!

Docket_Rocket

Hi! Spent the day running errands, watched a movie, and then ran 9.50 with hubby.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

PADRunner

5k yesterday, finished... Not sure what I'll do today my back has been giving me problems.

Amazonian Princess

Hola from Wave 4 of the San Jose 408k 

Haven't trained much in the past five weeks (been helping Mr  Bacon after knee replacement surgery) so I expect much wind to be sucked!

Have a great day!

MTA: it's only about five miles, but named after our area code 

I can. I will. I am. 

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hope you don't run run 26.1 to and from a FM, Jill.

Way to keep up Lauren.

How was RnR NO, Docket?

Take care of the back, PAD.

I would like to run in a 401K, Bacon.  Hope the hubs knee gets better.

5.5 for me and DW.  27 for the week.  Getting almost nice out there, but still a little ice to tiptoe through.  Streak is at 48 days.

Zelanie

I run away from my 401K.

Bacon, hope you had a fun race!

I ran 12 miles on the TM today for day 100 of my streak.

Docket_Rocket

Hope you don't run run 26.1 to and from a FM, Jill.

Way to keep up Lauren.

How was RnR NO, Docket?

Take care of the back, PAD.

I would like to run in a 401K, Bacon.  Hope the hubs knee gets better.

5.5 for me and DW.  27 for the week.  Getting almost nice out there, but still a little ice to tiptoe through.  Streak is at 48 days.

It was nice, although I was slow, had a migraine, and three potty stops, so not one of my best, but miraculously, finished in 4:52.  ha. It was also hot and sunny and I'm still sunburned.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Ran 7 on the TM.  Wanted 8-10 but first week post marathon with 70 work hours, it's not bad.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

4 slow miles out of the campground in Lufkin, TX.  Not a good place, so I was happy to go away.  We're finally finished with our family visits, so heading homeward at last. We're ready, I think.

Baconista - good luck with DH's rehab.  I went through it with my husband 8 years ago, and just got reminded while visiting my father and stepmother.  She's 3 weeks post-op, and still struggling a bit.

Docket_Rocket

Hola from Wave 4 of the San Jose 408k 

Haven't trained much in the past five weeks (been helping Mr  Bacon after knee replacement surgery) so I expect much wind to be sucked!

Have a great day!

MTA: it's only about five miles, but named after our area code 

Hoping for a swift recovery.

Damaris

Fundraising Page