Beginners and Beyond

Tell us an interesting (NRR) fact about yourself! (Read 188 times)

Buelligan

How about I was born at 11:11 pm and in numerology (which I know nothing about), the letters in my full name equate to 1. Or is it 11? I forget... Anyway, that's sort of interesting, no? Big grin

The number of letters of my name comes out to 6, 6, and 6.  I also have three consecutive 6's in my social security number.

I think I would make a terrible anti-Christ, though.  When I say terrible, I mean not such a great one. I'm just too darned nice to puppies and I cry during chick flicks.  I would suck at the job.

Docket_Rocket

All very interesting, silly.

People have said she says some words like she's from Massachusetts. She likes to do a mock country accent though. I'm sure it will transform into some crazy hybrid when she starts school.

I'm a very boring person, with soap-operish stories. I came to the US on a 3 month tourist Visa to spend time with a guy I met online. I had a full scholarship at a university, which I was planning on going back to. This was the second time visiting him. Despite his daughter being older than me, we really clicked. One week before I was supposed to leave, I found out I was pregnant. My mum had a cow, I panicked. I didn't get on my flight. See, drama, but I am a very boring person in myself, lol.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Oops.

My office number is 666X.  I have to repeat it because people think I am joking.

The number of letters of my name comes out to 6, 6, and 6.  I also have three consecutive 6's in my social security number.

I think I would make a terrible anti-Christ, though.  When I say terrible, I mean not such a great one. I'm just too darned nice to puppies and I cry during chick flicks.  I would suck at the job.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

I used to golf a lot, I got a hole-in-one when I was 14 and shot par (only once) when I was 18Big grin... but struggled to break 100 last time I playedCry.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Hip Redux

Oh - and I had laryngitis on my wedding day and couldn't speak much above a whisper.  I joke with the DH that I didn't really say the vows so I can up and leave any time. Big grin

Better I Leave

I'm a lightning strike survivor.

Sloooow.

My dad was closer in age to my grandmother (mom's mom) than he is to my mom.

Can relate to this one. My partner is 3 years younger than my mother, and I'm 24 years younger than him.

Mostly harmless

I'm a lightning strike survivor.

This explains a lot. Big grin

"It doesn’t matter how often you do it or how much you accomplish, in general, not running is a lot easier than running." - Meb Keflezighi

B-Plus

When I was in elementary school I was always afraid that I'd have to go to ESL with all the other Asian kids. I had no idea that it was only if English is your second language.

Just B.S.

Bwahahahahaha!!!

Sorry Dave, no offense meant but that was darn funny.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I'm a certified equine massage therapist

Wow, you must take some sh*t at times from your customers!  Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I was a March Of Dimes baby and wore braces on my legs when I was little.

Look at me now!  Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Hip Redux

Can relate to this one. My partner is 3 years younger than my mother, and I'm 24 years younger than him.

My grandmother was young when she had my mom and my dad is a bit older than my mom - had already had kids from his first marriage when my parents got hitched.   And my grandfather was almost 20 years older than my grandmother, too!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Nice. I played saxophone in band up until high school and I took a couple years of piano lessons. It's one of those things I wish I could go back in time and tell 15 year old Fuzzy that knowing how to play an instrument later in life could be a cool thing to do.

Funny you should say that. I played in various bands when I was a kid and stopped playing after college because I had to get on with life when I figured it out that I wasn't going to be a rock star. I took it up again about ten years ago and haven't stopped. Playing is a great joy to me and it's good way to make a few extra bucks. Smile  Fuzzy, running and music are similar in that you are never too old to start. You should pick it up again!!

Docket_Rocket

Hehe.  True Wink

Damaris

Fundraising Page