Beginners and Beyond

Tell us an interesting (NRR) fact about yourself! (Read 188 times)

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

I have 7 nieces and nephews total (both sides of the family), ranging from almost 5 years old to age 26.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

DH is 20 years older than me, 11 years younger than my mom. DH's father was 20 years older than his mom, DH's father was... in his 50s when he was born.

My Grandad was about 20 years older than my Grandma when they got married, too. She was 16 and he was 36. I think it was more normal/common back then!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

sunfastrose

Fatty McFatFat

I was born at 5 PM on 12/31.  Yes - just call me Daddy's Little Tax Return.

When I was 8 I had chicken pox.  My parents gave me aspirin.  I developed Reye's Syndrome and very nearly died ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reye%27s_syndrome )

My great uncle  had a ticket for a boat ride on April 15 1912..............his friends thru him a going away party........had too much to drink and missed boarding the Titanic.

My DW's grandfather was asked by a gentleman if he wanted to open a burger place way back when........he said no that it wasn't a good idea.........Ray Kroc ended up with a rather profitable business. Guess if he would've taken him up on the offer I may have never met her.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Hip Redux

My great uncle  had a ticket for a boat ride on April 15 1912..............his friends thru him a going away party........had too much to drink and missed boarding the Titanic.

No kidding!  Whoa.

That reminds me - my mom came over from Italy on the Andrea Doria, on one of its last voyages before it sank!

That reminds me - my mom came over from Italy on the Andrea Doria, on one of its last voyages before it sank!

That's nothing compared to what Costanza has been through.

Dave

GinnyinPA

I was born in the Philippines during a typhoon, so almost got named Polly, after the storm.

In high school I spent a year abroad living with a family in southern France, as an exchange student.  I went back in college and did it again.

At 31, I quit my job and hiked the Appalachian Trail from Georgia to Maine.  I liked it so much, I went back and did it again four years later.  I met my husband on the AT.  We eventually hiked the Continental Divide Trail from Canada to Mexico and six years later did it again from Mexico to Canada.  We also hiked the Pacific Crest Trail, from Mexico to Canada.  When my husband could no longer hike, I took up running.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

+1

Hip Redux

That's it, I want to be Ginny when I grow up.

Hip Redux

Thanks, I had totally forgotten about that episode lol

I was born in the Philippines during a typhoon, so almost got named Polly, after the storm.

In high school I spent a year abroad living with a family in southern France, as an exchange student.  I went back in college and did it again.

At 31, I quit my job and hiked the Appalachian Trail from Georgia to Maine.  I liked it so much, I went back and did it again four years later.  I met my husband on the AT.  We eventually hiked the Continental Divide Trail from Canada to Mexico and six years later did it again from Mexico to Canada.  We also hiked the Pacific Crest Trail, from Mexico to Canada.  When my husband could no longer hike, I took up running.

That is impressive.

Luke79

You win!

Adam_McAllen

Beer-and-waffle Powered

And in some ways it was harder to achieve. If people think running is time consuming, playing (and staying) at a single digit cap can be crazy. One of the reasons I drifted away from the game. Haven't swung a club in a long time now.

+1, I spent waaaay more time golfing that I do running, and that was just to get down to about a 6.

In the words of my late-coach : Just hang in there, relax... and at the end of a race anyone you see.....just pass them

Love the Half

I'm like a few others - fairly boring.  I did wait until late in life to have children.  I'm 50 and will turn 51 in October.  My oldest will be 8 in September and my youngest turned 3 in January.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

RabbitChaser

For the most part I consider myself a very non-interesting person. A lot of people already know that my specialty was working with venomous snakes, but they probably don't know that i've been spit on by a spitting cobra, received 17 stitches from a rhinocerous iguana bite, and spent a night in the ICU from a gila monster bite. I'm also allergic to crickets.