Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES: Remember that running jacket I gave you last week? Um yeah, I'm gonna need that back (Read 57 times)

LRB

'Sup team!

I will be heading out for 7 or 8 miles in a bit, the distance of which will be determined on the fly and is based on how my legs feel.

With current temps of 20 degrees, I will not be hard to spot as apparently I will be dressed like a snowman. lol

It's cool though, the temps the past couple of weeks have been a joy to run in.  A dip in the mercury for one or two days is not going to cramp my style...now three or four of them and we might have to talk!

So anyway, watcha got?

delicate flower

Happy Wednesday!  Indeed, we got a little blast of snow last night.  It should be melted by the time my evening run rolls around though.

Last night was a treadmill speed session.  I did half mile speed intervals with half mile recoveries...my go-to speed workout.  My interval paces were:

7:20

6:56

6:26

6:14

6:14

6:07

6:24

6:23

8 miles total at 7:24 avg pace.  So my last six intervals were all sub-5K pace.  Still not quite as fast as I was last fall, but pretty darn good considering the volume I'm at right now.  I'll be in good shape once I get through this marathon and focus on speed for a couple of months.  I've got a 10K in two weeks and am feeling good about a PR.

Easy run after work today.  werd

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day for me today, but I may go do the 2-Mile Zoo Fun Run, which is an easy social run on the trails in the park near the Zoo and the run helps raise money for the Animal Care Fund at the Zoo.  The run is held each week on Wednesday night at 6:30 pm.

Yesterday after work I went to Fort Sam Houston and did 4.1 miles of hills, hills, and more hills.  I felt really good and ran all the hills strongly and non-stop.  At least the uphill parts.  I arranged the route so my walk breaks would be on the downhills, which are much harder on my back than the uphills, thanks to this stupid arthritis, downhills pound my spine more.  All in all, a very nice run/walk, and in beautiful weather too....67 degrees, humidity in the 40 percent range and dewpoint about the same.....nice!

Hope your miles went well, LRB.  Crazy weather you and Phil are having in your respective areas.   You two are very speedy!  As I was chugging along up a hill yesterday at my old-man pace - and a snail  behind me yelled at me to move faster or move left! - I was thinking that at my pace, you and Phil could probably do 3 laps of my route for my every one lap, lol.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Looking for around 7 or so later today.  Looking forward to my 5k on Sat, my last 5k was last June!  It'll be fun to run fast again, hope my legs remember how. lol

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

Looking for around 7 or so later today.  Looking forward to my 5k on Sat, my last 5k was last June!  It'll be fun to run fast again, hope my legs remember how. lol

We want an 18:16 so you can say you whipped LRB's ass.

<3

Looks like another rest day.

Dave

LRB

Looking forward to my 5k on Sat, my last 5k was last June!

Looking at your PR's and races since then man you just might go sub-17:00!

Mmmmm...beer

LOL  That would be great, but I don't think I'm there just yet.  I do plan on pushing harder than I ever have before, so who knows what will happen.  It'll either be a PR or catastrophic failure. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

I had not even seen this, I think it's all but done!

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Good morning gang,

LRB - I'd already put the coats back in the upstairs closet. I had to go digging. We had snow here in TN yesterday. WTH??? Hope your pleasant temps come  back soon.

Baboon - nice speed work!

Scotty - a run at the zoo sounds fun.

D2 - I think you'll knock that 5k out of the park.

DaveP - you earned that rest. Enjoy it.

I'm working from home today. I'm planning to get 6 or so in later. It will be a nice day for it. Have a good one!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD from running, so most likely a bike ride with hubby.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

LRB - I'd already put the coats back in the upstairs closet. I had to go digging. We had snow here in TN yesterday. WTH??? Hope your pleasant temps come  back soon.

Yeah it was really cold this morning, so much so that my fingers were frozen for like the first 5 miles of the stupid run.  Of which I did 7.5.

Zelanie

Hey guys.  6 last night and 6 planned for tonight. Smile

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning everyone. Easy running with some Tempo on the TM this morning. I ended up with over 13 miles, with about 4 of them ran at Tempo pace. It was a good workout. I am glad that this weekend I just get a LSR instead of another one with Tempo miles. I need the break. I'm getting pretty close to being able to say what Ryan Hall did yesterday: The hay is in the barn.

Have a great day everyone.

- Andrew

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I just wanted to pop in and say that I REFUSE to go backto the jacket.  I don't care how much snow we get.

D - Your 5k is going to be crazy fast.  We know it.  No need to be humble.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013