Beginners and Beyond

BREAKING NEWS WednesDAILIES: Summer Temps Extended - Run in misery now while you still can! (Read 42 times)

LRB

Hi,

I developed some kind of intermittent pain in my right ankle overnight. I am not sure if it was the shoes I took for a test drive, the cross country style terrain (although I've run out there a half-dozen times without issue), or just a stupid ache.

In any event, I am headed out for a slog. The plan is for 6...

What are you up to today?

Cyberic

You ran fast with new shoes... that may be it.

SRD.

The stupid heat has come back yesterday and will stay around for a few more days, tomorrow will be the worse, from what the weather forecast say. I might move my MP workout to Friday if the forecast is cooler.

No more marathons

The stupid heat has come back yesterday and will stay around for a few more days, 

Yep - it's a comfortable 59 right now, but at noon when I'll run it will be 82 and a dew point of 59 - ugh.

Plan calls for 6 X 400 @ 5K pace with a 100 rest between.  That rest might involve some walking and a bit of crying.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

You ran any pace with new shoes... that may be it.

FYP.

My avatar should be a piece of broken peanut brittle.

LRB

Yep - it's a comfortable 59 right now, but at noon when I'll run it will be 82 and a dew point of 59 - ugh.

Plan calls for 6 X 400 @ 5K pace with a 100 rest between.  That rest might involve some walking and a bit of crying.

That was pretty much the workout I did last night. While physically tough, mentally, I found myself questioning what the hell was I doing. lol

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran 8.1 in the dark with it 75F and 90% humidity.  The run was very slow, but I reached my goal and added 0.1 miles just to spite the heat.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

'Morning!!  Today is a bike day, though it's supposed to rain all day so I may have to hop on the spin bike.  My legs are a little tired from my tempo run yesterday.  I'm looking forward to more of those.

<3

Brilliant

Good morning!

Bluesky, that will be hard in the heat. s'ok to cry.  

LRB, I hope your ankle doesn't give you any trouble today.

I'm back from the Reno/Tahoe jaunt and am finally over the altitude headache.  There is no oxygen at 9000ft!

It will be warm here today, but not until afternoon, so I should be good for my run.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Rest day

LRB, I thought the Hanson group wore Brooks?

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 4 miles tonight.

Spending the next two days in "team building" meetings to try to resolve the BS that is the bitch at work.  I have an individual session soon and not sure how to approach it or what to say.  What else can I say than get rid of the people that cannot work with the team or teach them how to do so?  Cause other than that, it won't work.  Such a waste of time.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

No run today, probably some chin ups and pull ups and some planking.

It's hot, and it's supposed to be hot and muggy all the way into Friday morning 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Rest day

LRB, I thought the Hanson group wore Brooks?

The pros probably do. There were no pros in attendance last night. lol

I'm not sure how it works, they sell all brands in their stores.

LRB

Good morning!

Bluesky, that will be hard in the heat. s'ok to cry.  

LRB, I hope your ankle doesn't give you any trouble today.

I'm back from the Reno/Tahoe jaunt and am finally over the altitude headache.  There is no oxygen at 9000ft!

It will be warm here today, but not until afternoon, so I should be good for my run.

Other than the cling of moist air on my skin, my run was uneventful.

People pay big bucks to train at altitude, I'm not sure that would've gone over well with your honey though. Big grin

LRB

Morning!  I have Pilates and 4 miles tonight.

Spending the next two days in "team building" meetings to try to resolve the BS that is the bitch at work.  I have an individual session soon and not sure how to approach it or what to say.  What else can I say than get rid of the people that cannot work with the team or teach them how to do so?  Cause other than that, it won't work.  Such a waste of time.

That time would be better spent dreaming about hitting the lottery. In fact, you should just say that!