Beginners and Beyond

ThursDAILIES; Have running shoes will travel (Read 38 times)

LRB

'Sup.

I am looking for a spring half in late March/early April. Any ideas? One friend suggested the Earth Day Half Marathon in St. Cloud, Minnesota geezus. I could also do my usual Rock CF Half Marathon, but figured I'd look at all options during what is now the off-season.

LRB

Anyway, last night's yoga session was amaze-balls. It was just what the doctor ordered for my legs. Today will be rest day #4.

'Sup?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

30 min blah blah blah.  It got cold last night.  Windchills in the teens here all day.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Half Crazy K 2.0

LRB, I'm trying to figure out a spring half too. I'm registered for one on 2/5, but figure there is about a 50/50 chance it will be cancelled or postponed.

delicate flower

'Morning!!  I sit here feeling a lil tired, in a good way.  Last night I hit the treadmill hard for my interval session.  I had 45 minutes, with 5 x 4 minutes hard, which I am guessing averaged around a 6:10 pace.  My footpod decided to be wonky so the split readings were useless.  The effort is what it is though.  I was pushing my limits and my heart rate got into the mid 180's.  I finished the workout feeling pretty wiped out.  I had to guesstimate on the final distance and pace, so I put 6.2 miles at 7:15 avg pace in my log.  Footpod had me doing nearly 10 miles.  Piece of crap.

So with that workout still in my legs, my masters swim this morning was affected.  My legs were tired and cramping.  Still a good 2500 yard swim though.  It was just me and the wife...no other masters folks showed up.  Slackers.

tl:dr: yay exercise.

'Sup.

I am looking for a spring half in late March/early April. Any ideas? One friend suggested the Earth Day Half Marathon in St. Cloud, Minnesota geezus. I could also do my usual Rock CF Half Marathon, but figured I'd look at all options during what is now the off-season.

I'll be doing the Savin Rock HM in West Haven, CT on April 1.  Not the easiest course, but it is my PR course.  Flat start, hills in the middle, down to flat the final four miles.  Probably a little more travel than you'd like, and certainly not a destination race.  It's just a good, well run, Saturday (that's important) half marathon.  But you asked.     My log entry for this race this past March.  That is the best race I have ever run.

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Crazy Texas weather!   Went to Fort Sam Houston this morning. Started my run/walk at 6:10 a.m.   Temp was 51 degrees and the wind was blowing at 25 mph, it was crazy.   By the time I finished, the temp had dropped to 46 degrees - and I don't even know what the 'wind chill' temp was - and the wind had picked up to 33 mph, good lord.  The open areas were wind crazy.  I did part of my route through the family housing area, just so I'd have some wind-block from the houses for a while; it was actually pretty nice in that area.   I ended up with 3.2 miles done, with a brief stop to give a treat to one of my doggie pals in the housing area.   As we were both standing there and he was munching his treat I told him, "I dunno, Angus, we stand here too long, we might end up with a free trip to Oz."  

I'm at work now..and the temp is continuing to drop.  By tomorrow morning, the temp in the early a.m. is supposed to be around 31 degrees.  Glad Friday is a non-running day for me!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I did 15 on the TM this morning. PIlates later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

<3

8 miles at 29 degrees. They are predicting a couple inches of snow this afternoon, which around here would grind things to a halt, and make for an unbearable commute home tonight. We'll see what actually happens, they never really have any fucking idea.

I am looking at the Lake Sammamish Half on 3/4. It is on a nice flat trail. I was looking at it last year but picked a different one for some scheduling reason I can't recall. The one I picked was hilly AF and sucked balls. So I'm gonna try to give myself a do-over.

MTA: I am also looking at a half on 1/21. Which would be unthinkable for where many of you live, but out here could just be cold & rainy.

Dave

LRB

The one I picked was hilly AF and sucked balls. So I'm gonna try to give myself a do-over.

lol 

Docket_Rocket

fts.

I was saying a lot of that too...

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

LRB, I'm trying to figure out a spring half too. I'm registered for one on 2/5, but figure there is about a 50/50 chance it will be cancelled or postponed.

Annapolis, Chambersburg and Hagerstown are all in March.

LRB

But you asked.     My log entry for this race this past March.  That is the best race I have ever run.

I remember it, that's one helluva run. 👍

Half Crazy K 2.0

Annapolis, Chambersburg and Hagerstown are all in March.

Also looking at Veterun in WV in early March, Crab Run in Cambridge in early April, York College Spartan half in early April, 2 state half late March on the C& D canal and my stand by the April Fools half in AC.

I'm registered for the Little Patuxent River Run half on 2/5.

onemile

I'm not sure what to do now. I was feeling SO FIT and now that's going down the tubes because I can still barely hobble around.  I was going to run NYCM next fall but now I feel like I have to right this wrong, which means not choosing a hard course