Beginners and Beyond

ice ice Fridailies too cold too cold (Read 44 times)

delicate flower

Welcome to the dailies thread etc.

<3

delicate flower

Happy Friday and so happy to see you!  Cloudy and rainy day here in Southern New England.  All signs point to a treadmill for me today!  YAY TREADMILL!

I am starting to really look forward to my 5K Sunday.  I've had some various aches and pains that were slowing me down the last couple of weeks, but (knock on wood) they seem to have cleared themselves up.  Honestly I think they hit as a result of pushing too hard on the speedwork.  I'll give it a couple more weeks of easier running before doing speedwork again, then I'll dial it back.

Pretty good football weekend on tap if you're into that sort of thing.

Have a great day!

<3

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

We've had a warm snap in NYC....been in the 50s all week, albeit foggy and rainy. Nice change from temps in the 20s and real feel of the teens we had all week last week. But it is supposed to get cold again and snow for my race Sunday....super.

I've been resting all week due to my shin. And then to add insult to injury (kinda literally), I caught some stomach bug that was going around the school I work at. So, yeah....rest it's been Sad. I am still planning on running my race this weekend.... which is a half marathon but I never intended it as a race. My plan called for a 12.5 mile training run Sunday so I figured I'd rather do this inexpensive half marathon than run 12.5 alone. I always planned on running easy. But with the shin and low mileage lately I just don't know.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

LRB

Supp G!

Good morning Kris!

I was going to run short this morning, but my ass and legs are feeling a bit tight, so I will plop down on the mat and do something about it.  Blush

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Oh yeah...yoga and massage tonight!!! Both of which help my muscles immensely and neither of which I've done in forever.  

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Woke up with a bad migraine, yipee, so URD.  At work for who knows how long depending on the migraine.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

Working from home this AM so I am having a cup of coffee with egg nog and a friend egg sandwich.  Right?  Awesome.

Just an easy TM run planned today.   Two 5Ks planned for this weekend.  Both are races that support good causes, so I'll go even if I'm not "racing" (Special Olympics and a local charity for low income families).

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Runners!

Wow!  It’s cold outside!   Old Man Winter sure found his way to our area!   Hope all of you are warm and dry!

Phil – Thanks for starting us off this morning!   Hope you have a great TM run later!  And, if I don’t talk to you again before the event, GOOD LUCK on Sunday!  Can’t wait to read your report!

Kristin – Enjoy your massage later today!   And, if you decide to run your event on Sunday, good luck to you as well!

Rick – I think you made the right choice to stretch instead of run.   Very mature decision!

Damaris – Sorry about your migraine – hope it resolves quickly!

Oski – Egg nog coffee and an egg sandwich sounds like a great way to start your Friday work day!   Hope both your 5Ks go Pinktacularly!

Well, all the rain in our area yesterday resulted in iced over roads.   And, it started sleeting around 7:30 last night so there’s a layer of sleet on top of the ice to make things even more FUN!   It looks pretty because it looks like snow, but once you step outside you know it’s not snow.   More than a quarter of a million people in the area are without power.   So far, we still have power, but with super icy power lines and high winds, that could change at any moment.   Lastly, Abby (dear dog) won’t go outside to do her business, and she refuses to go inside so I expect that she’ll wait until she absolutely has to make a choice.    And, at the rate she’s been drinking water this morning, I expect that point to come sooner rather than later.  

I’m hoping for a TM run around lunch time.   But, if we lose power, I can still ride the bike even if I can’t run on the TM so I’ll get something done today.

Have a Pinksational day!!   Stay warm and cozy, everyone!   And, may your next run open your eyes to the beauty all around you!

- Sarah  

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Docket_Rocket

At least the head hurts so much I cannot feel my groin hurting today.  ha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning! If you want to feel better about the temp in your area click on my log and scroll down to the local temp.

5 Easy miles in the TM this morning. I need to figure out how I'm going to run tomorrow. I really don't want to go to the gym, but I don't think I have an option.

- Andrew

Hip Redux

Morning! If you want to feel better about the temp in your area click on my log and scroll down to the local temp.

DAMN!

Docket_Rocket

Ouch!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This morning's run was freaking awesome, freezing cold with pelting ice but so freaking fun. The trails were slushy like ice - not quite snow but past the ice stage (I guess you could call it that). I will be posting pics of the trails later but it was a blast, 26 degrees with freezing rain that at some points felt like hard rocks. Rocky and I got out there at 5:39 and I found I didn't even need my head lamp, the ice/snow lit up the trails so well. It was peaceful, surreal and just quiet except for my footsteps (and Rocky's) - just an awesome run overall, slower than usual but the effort was much more than usual. We ran 6.1 miles in 1:08:26 with an average pace of 11:13 min/mile, and it was fun.

It's supposed to start snowing tonight, so hopefully my Sunday long run will be in powdery white snow instead of ice.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Robert31320

Team TJ

TJ had a rough night so I haven't run any yet.  He was supposed to go to Special Olympics Bowling competition today, that isn't happening.  I took the day off to go to that with him.  He is fine now, just kept him home to keep an eye on him.

Have a great day everyone.  To those of you in the path of the winter storm, STAY SAFE!

Running for TJ because he can't.