Beginners and Beyond

FirDAILIES, or something like that (Read 38 times)

LRB

Too much football, too little sleep, runner.

Heading out...

You?

No more marathons

I have 995.4 miles so far this year.

My regular noon run on a Friday is usually in the 3.5 to 4 range.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

bluerun

Super B****

Woke up needing a nap, which I will get later because apparently I can't do anything else after lasik.

7 miles of fartleks.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

I have 1995.9 miles so far this year.

Thought for the day: if you run in front of cars, you might get tired. But if you run behind cars, you'll probably get exhausted.

Dave

delicate flower

'Friday!  Top of the muffin TO YOU!!

Since WIFE had to get up early to work out, I rolled my fat ass out of bed at the same time to do my run.  4 easy miles that were one of the slowest runs I've had in a while (9:17 pace).  What a gross morning...I was soaked after that run.  Where is that crisp fall New England weather I've heard so much about?  I put my swim stuff in the car in case I feel like stopping by the pool for some laps after work.

<3

on my way to badass

Some small mileage today.  I signed up for swim lessons yesterday.  I can "not drown" but want to learn proper stroke and some efficiency.  Goal is a sprint tri next Summer.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

LRB

'Friday!  Top of the muffin TO YOU!!

Since WIFE had to get up early to work out, I rolled my fat ass out of bed at the same time to do my run.  4 easy miles that were one of the slowest runs I've had in a while (9:17 pace).  What a gross morning...I was soaked after that run.  Where is that crisp fall New England weather I've heard so much about?  I put my swim stuff in the car in case I feel like stopping by the pool for some laps after work.

Based on your description of the conditions, you should've run in your swimwear. lol

LRB

Some small mileage today.  I signed up for swim lessons yesterday.  I can "not drown" but want to learn proper stroke and some efficiency.  Goal is a sprint tri next Summer.

Congrats on signing up, that's huge.

Brilliant

I have 995.4 miles so far this year.

My regular noon run on a Friday is usually in the 3.5 to 4 range.

Decisions, decisions, decisions.

I predict you'll run 4.6.

Not sure if I'm running this morning.  I'm driving to Ventura for the weekend and I gotta pack, make sure there's groceries for hubby & the kids, etc.

About the weekend: It's called the Ventura Beach Party and it's a whole weekend of bike & run events.  I ran the HM last year; some of you might recall it wasn't a HM but a 14-mile run because of a course miscalculation.   The beer garden was very chill so I got over my annoyance quickly.  Anyway, for some reason which seemed good at the time (peer pressure) I signed up for this year's HM, AND a 30-mile bike ride on Sat morning.  I haven't been on a bike in years.  And the last time I was it cost me $5k in new teeth.  I'm really dreading this.

Brilliant

Yay for you!  I just started swim lessons on Tuesday!  I'm like you with the "not drown" technique - I can flail across the pool but it sure feels like drowning.  I was optimistic after my first lesson.  The coach just helped me practice breathing and kicking.  I'll be interested to hear about your lessons!  Are you in private lessons or a class?  I thought I'd be in a class of up to 4 adults, but it's just me & the coach (and in the next lane, a 4 year old and another coach).  So it's pretty cool that I get private lessons for about $12 each.

Cyberic

Difficult because of the damn humidity (again). Moved my schedule around to skip the humidity, but it was still here this morning. Whatever.

12.9 miles with 10 at MP. Took a water break (about 30 seconds) every 2 miles not to wear myself out too much. It seems like every time I need to run at MP it's never cool and crisp. It's now in the books, so I'm complaining for nothing.

Cyberic

Thought for the day: if you run in front of cars, you might get tired. But if you run behind cars, you'll probably get exhausted.

Cyberic

I haven't been on a bike in years.  And the last time I was it cost me $5k in new teeth.  I'm really dreading this.

Cyberic

I was soaked after that run.  Where is that crisp fall New England Canadian weather I've heard so much about?  

6 miles w/5x100m strides.

Got my 2000. Now I can stop running for the year.

Dave