Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies - Kickass! (Read 39 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I rode 37 miles on another fine morning.  Mid 60s and dry are about as good as it gets on two wheels.  Getting dressed to run/ride sure has been quicker this week Smile.

Have a kickass day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Can't link from my phone, but anyone see the news about a superintendent in NJ being arrested for pooping on the school football field. He was running on the track.

delicate flower

Hiya gang!  I hit the track early this morning.  It was my first gross run of the year....warm, humid, sticky.  The one week of spring was nice while it lasted.  The run felt like a double too after last night's workout.

Meetings pretty much all day again.  *sigh*

<3

bluerun

Super B****

5 miles, keeping an eye on HR because I'm trying to get my watch to stop insulting me for being fat and slow and out of shape.  My supposed VO2 max has dropped like three points since Boston, so now my predicted HM is 1:31:46, which is totally my goal for this weekend.  (As if.  It will be a miracle if I even manage to get within five minutes of my PR.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Hello everyone!

Pleasant..Wow, you ride a lot of miles on the bike. You must really enjoy it!

Half Crazy...I kinda feel badly for him - we've all been there! (at least to the extent of being desperate, maybe not about using a football field)

Baboon...Sounds like the track was a nice little suffer fest! You sure do have a lot of meetings.

As for me, 4 last night as the last of my taper. Now it's 3 days of racing at the Flying Pig. Tonight is just the mile, so I kinda fall forward to whatever time my body is in the mood for. The 10k in the morning is the only race that scares me, so I'll hold back in that and run a little slower than marathon pace. The 5k I don't worry about as much, so I'll run a little closer to actual 10k pace. As for the marathon, I'm hoping for a 3:05, but I really don't know what the body has. I've had some results that say that should be more than reasonable, but my legs haven't felt great lately.. Either way, my goal is just to be out there and be grateful that I'm running. If I'm enjoying it, the results will start to come back to me.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

5 miles, keeping an eye on HR because I'm trying to get my watch to stop insulting me for being fat and slow and out of shape.  My supposed VO2 max has dropped like three points since Boston, so now my predicted HM is 1:31:46, which is totally my goal for this weekend.  (As if.  It will be a miracle if I even manage to get within five minutes of my PR.)

My "VO2 max" (said in air quotes because I don't really think it can calculate it) has dipped 4 points and is telling me my training is unproductive right now. I'm telling myself that it is the most inexact of all inexact sciences, and therefore I should ignore it.

LRB

Can't link from my phone, but anyone see the news about a superintendent in NJ being arrested for pooping on the school football field. He was running on the track.

The headline I saw made it to be like he was some sort of serial shitter, yet the story wasn't clear if it was a one-time occurrence, if he was a runner, or if he was just a whack job.

I've run a million laps at three different tracks over the years, and would never squat out in the open to drop a turd. I mean, what is that. lol

bluerun

Super B****

My "VO2 max" (said in air quotes because I don't really think it can calculate it) has dipped 4 points and is telling me my training is unproductive right now. I'm telling myself that it is the most inexact of all inexact sciences, and therefore I should ignore it.

Oh, of course it's not ACTUALLY my VO2 max.  I still don't like being insulted by a watch!  (My effort was somewhat successful, I guess; I got it to move my training status from unproductive to productive.  Yippee.  This will be undone on Sunday, whereupon I will enter "overtraining" territory.)

chasing the impossible

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  RD for me, yay.

I read about it and wasn't sure about whether it was every day or one time.  We've all been there (at least one time), lol.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

The headline I saw made it to be like he was some sort of serial shitter, yet the story wasn't clear if it was a one-time occurrence, if he was a runner, or if he was just a whack job.

I've run a million laps at three different tracks over the years, and would never squat out in the open to drop a turd. I mean, what is that. lol

Aren't we all serial shitters?

chasing the impossible

Half Crazy K 2.0

I've run a million laps at three different tracks over the years, and would never squat out in the open to drop a turd. I mean, what is that. 

It definitely sounded like an ongoing issue. Why in the open? At least go on the outside of the area. Or, if he's in charge of the school, bring a key and go inside!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Maybe, but I'm no cereal shitter, I'll say that definitively. Never liked the stuff.

LRB

I'd like to think of myself as a serious shitter but your point has merit.

LRB

Maybe, but I'm no cereal shitter, I'll say that definitively. Never liked the stuff.

lol

I love cereal. I don't eat it a lot though because I don't find it filling for the amount of calories it costs.

Gotta go somewhere lol

Easy 5 this morning. I’m beat.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???