Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 45 times)

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I ran about 10 this morning.  I threw in 5 at MP+about 20secs, then 1 mile of hill with .6 of it about 10% grade at M effort, then 1.5 miles at MP+10secs.  I wanted to be faster than MP, but my legs just didn't cooperate.  The race I'm planning in Feb has 2 big hills, with the second one at about 17 miles.  I figure I need to get used to running MP after climbing a mountain.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!!

Hills are great PR, I used to hate them, but now that I've embraced them (kind of had to since moving here lol), I actually like them.  Flat running is boring. Smile

Few recovery miles this morning, maybe some more this evening.  Gonna take it pretty easy this week, not really a taper, but I want to be fresh for my relay on Saturday.  I'm the third leg, so depending on how long our first two runners take, I have to make sure I'm done in time to get our fourth runner on the course before 3.  I think we'll be good, but it's a tough course, so anything can happen.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Cyberic

RD. Resting the left leg.

happylily

Some sort of tempo run tonight.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

The race I'm planning in Feb...

There is no meat, like fresh meat. Cool

From the Internet.

Some sort of tempo run tonight.

Same, but before dark. Parent teacher conference this afternoon so I'll run after that.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

There is no meat, like fresh meat. Cool

I'm feeling a lot like cheap, fatty ground  beef.  The speedwork is going to kill me.

Runner with a riding problem.

delicate flower

'Morning!  Sleepy.  4 easy miles done in "official" freezing temperatures this morning.  Interval workout on the schedule this afternoon.

<3

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Morning Smile

I was able to get out and run this morning, took the dogs on the trails, it was drizzling when we started and halfway through our run it became a downpour. On one of the boardwalks I slipped and fell on my left hip/butt trying to round the corner on that slippery shit  I wanted to puke, that sucked.

But we ran 7.2 miles nonetheless.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have Pilates and 6 miles.  You know, since I didn't run a fucking marathon and all, I don't need to fucking recover.

And yes, it's that kind of day at the office.  My door is even closed.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

Some AlterG fun.  Whatever.

Nobody likes me... not even the IRS wants to talk to me.    (Seriously, their call volume is too high so they don't even have a wait queue anymore.  GAH!)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

8 in a windy drizzle, which I guess I should be getting used to.

Dave

delicate flower

Nobody likes me... 

We like you.  

<3

Docket_Rocket

Ultrasound was normal. That means there are no stones which is good but it does not tell whether it's working well. On to the next test. Still hoping that achiness is gone by then.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic