Beginners and Beyond

SunDAILIES Repeat (Read 37 times)

LRB

It's another late start for me, which will likely mean another hot run (I haven't checked the current conditions yet), but I just didn't feel like rushing to get up.

In other insignificant news, we're just about halfway through July. Those of you with fall marathons will be cranking up the training soon...

delicate flower

5K in 19:29.  My second best 5K.  I went for sub-19 and faded but I regret nothing. 5 OA and 1 AG. Another AG pint glass for the collection!  It's July weathering today too.

<3

No more marathons

I've run 6 days in a row, so I'm taking a rest day.

I'll probably walk a couple of miles, in addition to mowing the front lawn - that will give me my hill workout for the week as our front has a slope of about 16%.  No way to use a riding mower on that.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

5K in 19:29.  My second best 5K.  I went for sub-19 and faded but I regret nothing. 5 OA and 1 AG. Another AG pint glass for the collection!  It's July weathering today too.

NOICE!

Docket_Rocket

Great job, Phil!

Morning!  I have a Cirque show at 1:30pm and 16 miles with 10 @ MP tonight.  Thought of doing them this morning but 10 hours of sleep (which I never get) won.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Nice job!

Dave

delicate flower

Thanks guys. McMillan says I should be able to PR my 10K next Sunday with room to spare, which means hahahalolol NO.

<3

No more marathons

Thanks guys. McMillan says I should be able to PR my 10K next Sunday with room to spare, which means hahahalolol NO.

It's all about mile 4.  Smile

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

It's been quite a while since I've posted here with any sort of regularity, but I need all the motivation I can get to stick with my training plan for Chicago!  I swore I wouldn't do another fall marathon because I hate summer training so much...but I couldn't resist.  ;-)

7.5 miles today (the .5 was a feeble attempt to make up for shorting my long run yesterday by 2.5 miles) in the hot and humid blech-i-ness that is summer in Boston.  I also started a little later than I would have liked, so I kind of brought it on myself.  I did have a moment where I considered hitting the gym treadmill instead, but it wasn't quite hot enough to outweigh the dreariness factor!

Half Crazy K 2.0

7 with 4 sets of 5 x 1 minute hard, 30 second recoveries. Was "cooler" and less humid this morning, but I was still hot & miserable, especially on the return trip from the track. Uphill and full sun.

Welcome Tback. I swore in 2013 that I would never ever do another fall half. Most of my summer long runs involved me telling myself what a stupid idea this was and then it was humid on race day and I said never again. Well, that lasted 3 years. Last fall did a half and a full and am registered for another half this fall. I've figured out I can either run hard for a shorter time period or run long slowly with walk breaks.

Baboon, nice race and AG win!

From the Internet.

It is 1 PM and I've already raced, had a beer, and gone to the gym, in that order. Nice.

Thanks for the thoughts re: my nana yesterday <3 Going to visit tomorrow or Tuesday, they're moving her from the hospital to hospice in my parents' town sometime tomorrow. Glad my mom will be so close.

I ran a hot hilly 5K and finished 3rd F in 23:13 - very happy with that as a workout. Mile 1 in 8 flat, 2 and 3 both low 7s, finished strong. I'm gonna be fast in the fall!

delicate flower

It is 1 PM and I've already raced, had a beer, and gone to the gym, in that order. Nice.

Thanks for the thoughts re: my nana yesterday <3 Going to visit tomorrow or Tuesday, they're moving her from the hospital to hospice in my parents' town sometime tomorrow. Glad my mom will be so close.

I ran a hot hilly 5K and finished 3rd F in 23:13 - very happy with that as a workout. Mile 1 in 8 flat, 2 and 3 both low 7s, finished strong. I'm gonna be fast in the fall!

Excellent!!  Congratulations!  No doubt those paces will get a lot faster when this bullshit heat ends.  I keep telling myself the same thing,

Overall results for my race have been posted.  5/217 OA, 1/22 AG.  Not bad.

<3

Runshortii

Nice  job Phil!! Great time

i ran 7 before work. Original plan was 7 at MP, but this is my first ever 40 mpw and I was kind of feeling run down so was just going to take it easy. Felt pretty good and made it into a fartlek workout. 40 miles for the week

Docket_Rocket

It's been quite a while since I've posted here with any sort of regularity, but I need all the motivation I can get to stick with my training plan for Chicago!  I swore I wouldn't do another fall marathon because I hate summer training so much...but I couldn't resist.  ;-)

7.5 miles today (the .5 was a feeble attempt to make up for shorting my long run yesterday by 2.5 miles) in the hot and humid blech-i-ness that is summer in Boston.  I also started a little later than I would have liked, so I kind of brought it on myself.  I did have a moment where I considered hitting the gym treadmill instead, but it wasn't quite hot enough to outweigh the dreariness factor!

Maybe this time we will meet other than running by each other? Smile

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Nice job!

Damaris

Fundraising Page