Beginners and Beyond

Friday September 1 (Read 28 times)

LRB

Reality bites?

Although I can do without the lost daylight in the mornings, fall is my favorite season so I am good with it.

And three day weekend, boosh.

delicate flower

Friday people say HEY-OHHHH!   I hit track this morning for 4 miles at what I guess I'll call tempo effort...not too hard and could have run plenty more.  48 degrees with a dew point of 39.  I felt like I had a rocket strapped to my ass.  I should have gone another mile or two just because of how awesome the cold dry air felt.  Oh well.  Open water swim tonight.

And three day weekend, boosh.

This bears repeating.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

10 trainer miles, 4.1 iffy miles outside in WHAT IS ALMOST GLOVE WEATHER.  Where did this come from?!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

delicate flower

10 trainer miles, 4.1 iffy miles outside in WHAT IS ALMOST GLOVE WEATHER.  Where did this come from?!

It is glove weather, and this morning was the second time in a week I've worn them.  We're talking light running gloves, not something I'd wear to scale Everest.

<3

onemile

I ran 5

bluerun

Super B****

It is glove weather, and this morning was the second time in a week I've worn them.  We're talking light running gloves, not something I'd wear to scale Everest.

chasing the impossible

delicate flower

Why so sad?  Gloves and a singlet means the best running weather.

<3

bluerun

Super B****

Because I love the heat, that's why!  (I find it hard to buy into the "run through summer heat and you'll feel so fast come fall" thing, given that for the past two years, I've broken and been unable to reap those alleged benefits.  But I LIKE HEAT.)

chasing the impossible

If the glove doesn't fit, you must acquit. No glove, no love.

8 w/10 strides.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

What is this glove you speak of?

I went to PT and she made me skate.  It's the graduation for patella issues to be able to skate side by side on a sliding thingy that I still fear will break me.  It took me three sets before I felt strong mentally to slide completely from one side to the other (it was far).  I have Pilates with hubby tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Omg and even better to race in.

LRB

What is this glove you speak of?

You'll know soon enough. #detroitfreepressmarathon2017 ❄

Docket_Rocket

You'll know soon enough. #detroitfreepressmarathon2017 ❄

Unless it's 20F I won't. :-P

I usually don't wear gloves in the 30s for running, but hey, if you can make it glove weather, we won't complain!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Omg and even better to race in.

I have considered racing like that or short sleeves and gloves instead of wearing some warmers.  I think it would have been better for the first 2 miles at Indy instead of having Mary remove my bolero at Mile 1 that was so sticky from the sweat, I felt I was burning up, lol.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

I think ideal racing temperature is in the mid-60s.  Even I don't think that calls for gloves.

chasing the impossible