End of rw forum. (Read 115 times)

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

It is closed now.

Hope a lot of people move over

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

oldfartrunner

Hey Tom! So they have. That must be why the emoticons stopped working on another post. Sad

Think quite a few did.

not lazy, just tired

Yup. Looked at it at about 3:45, had to go do an errand, got back about 45 mins later and... poof...the end of an era.

Not if it makes sense.

GC100k

Wow. It's really gone. My main outlet since 1995 for discussing my main hobby. Hard to believe it's really over.

https://youtu.be/8sIRlGnt2zQ?t=172

Poppy Ott

Nothing To See Here

I don't know what they could have done differently at the end, but it was pretty abrupt.  It shut down while I was typing a response.

oldfartrunner

I don't know what they could have done differently at the end, but it was pretty abrupt.  It shut down while I was typing a response.

Talk about a shut down!  I'm kinda getting use to this site now. Not as fancy but adequate.

Coastal

I was wondering while running tonight if they were going to shut it down at the end of the month, like maybe their account was running out and they didn't want to pay for another month.  Got home and it was gone.

ForceD

It's gone!?!?!? Via various hosts I've been on the RW Beginners Forum for +/- 20 years. Hard to believe.

Dan

Running since March 1976

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I run mostly to see things, to explore places I don't know. And the places I do know,...then I get a sense of the weather, the shifting light, the seasonal changes; it can be pleasurable even when you hurl yourself into the teeth of nature." -- Ed Koren, Runner and Cartoonist for New Yorker magazine, 2006 interview for RW magazine

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The road belongs not to the swift, but to those who keep running.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When the going gets tough...sprinters quit.

It's kinda sad. This seems like a cool place though.

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

No more marathons

Hey Tom! So they have. That must be why the emoticons stopped working on another post. Sad

Think quite a few did.

get em before the're gone

I saved a few here before they went away.  You can copy an paste these.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

Bert-o

I lost my rama

I saved a few here before they went away.  You can copy an paste these.

You're enabling OFR 

3/17 - NYC Half

4/28 - Big Sur Marathon  DNS

6/29 - Forbidden Forest 30 Hour

8/29 - A Race for the Ages - will be given 47 hours

They are still up in RW UK.  Which by the way is owned by Hearst. They are the winning bidder for buying RW from Rodale. I hope that happens and they bring back the forums. RW is dead to me. They have run themselves into the ground. Thier website is atrocious. I guess I will be here.

ForceD

Yeah, RW is pretty much FUBAR. Since the 90s I never have liked RW that much. Not that it was necessarily bad, it just wasn't the info and format that I wanted in a running mag. Up until a year or so ago I had a subscription to Running Times magazine. Then Rodale bought RT out and then sometime later they ended (can't handle the competition I guess). I still had more than a year left on my RT subscription. But, I received a message from Rodale saying that as the owners of RT, they were ending it and switching my RT subscription to an RW subscription.  I sent a response saying "No thanks." Don't bother. Either give me a refund for the remaining RT issues, and/or don't bother sending me the RW. I never received a refund and the RW continues showing up.

And their forums were FUBAR when they turned them over to the active.com crooks.

Dan

Running since March 1976

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I run mostly to see things, to explore places I don't know. And the places I do know,...then I get a sense of the weather, the shifting light, the seasonal changes; it can be pleasurable even when you hurl yourself into the teeth of nature." -- Ed Koren, Runner and Cartoonist for New Yorker magazine, 2006 interview for RW magazine

The road belongs not to the swift, but to those who keep running.

When the going gets tough...sprinters quit.

zzyzx

I was only there for a year or two but I'll miss them too.

RSX

I was more disappointed when they nuked RT. That was a great magazine. But Marathon & Beyond also was nuked so I think times have changed.

Forums had their day 10 years ago. I think that’s it tough to compete with Facebook.