Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES are the epitome of procrastination (Read 43 times)

LRB

It never ceases to amaze me how I go from having all the time in the world, to running late as hell...

Every. Damn. Day.

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I jogged 3.2 very slowly this morning, then went back to bed for a couple of hours.  It was glorious.  My feet, legs, and mind are all lacking gumption.

Running late causes me a lot of anxiety.  Actually, not being early messes me up.

I hope everyone has a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

From the Internet.

It never ceases to amaze me how I go from having all the time in the world, to running late as hell...

Every. Damn. Day.

Me too.

I slept instead of running 2 days in a row now. I might get out for a few miles in a bit to shake out the legs so I can do some sort of workout tomorrow without feeling like I'm moving through molasses. 3 weeks in a row at 50+ was fun but I'm not quite ready to sustain it indefinitely yet! 40-45 is going to feel easy after that, though, and maybe I'll have a bit more life in my legs later on in the week.

Busy with work and stuff. Fun times. I defend my thesis exactly a month from today and I'm terrified D: D: D:

delicate flower

I hate when you are pressed for time and trying to leave the house but have a hundred damn little things to do that prevent you from getting out the door.

I ran 4 very easy miles before work.  I have a 6-7 mile speed workout later today.  I don't know whether to do it outside or on the treadmill.  There is a wind advisory...steady 20 mph winds with gusts up to 50.  Ohhhh, what to do, woe is me.

<3

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

I oscillate between arriving in plenty of time and a few minutes late.

I really dislike a few minutes late...

16x400 this evening. It won't be fun.

music_girl117

I defend my thesis exactly a month from today and I'm terrified D: D: D:

Been there!  A friend who is defending in a week just emailed me to ask for advice and I wrote her a big long email back; lmk if you want some tips that helped me!

I hit my 2015 goal yesterday (1252.06 miles = 2015 km), woo!  Probably just 3 or 4 miles easy for me today; I'll see what I feel like.

PRs:

5k - 22:53  (May 2015)

10k - 50:00 (unofficial; part of 20k race, March 2015); 50:33 (official; July 2016)

HM - 1:48:40  (Apr. 2015)

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I've never been late to work.  Ever.  I have 7 miles tonight and my allergy shot.  After 6 weeks of not having my shot, the doctor is going to kill me if the shot does not do the job itself.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Probably going to be an URD, almost got out of the house this morning but Dorian was having fits throughout the night and on cue just as I got dressed he woke up again. And DH probably won't be getting home until 9 tonight so I most likely won't get to run unless I can leave the shop at 3 PM and take Dorian for a short run.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

bluerun

Super B****

Every. Damn. Day.

It doesn't surprise me at all when that happens.  Because it's never my fault -- it's always the fault of the MTA.  And the more the fare goes up, the more delayed I get. 

25 trainer miles here -- another ride, another PR.  (Okay, I worked hard for this one.  And I probably won't ever PR again, but that's fine by me.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Mmmmm...beer

Every. Damn. Day.

I do the same thing.  I read somewhere that it's a sign of being an optimist, because we always think we have more time. Smile

One of these days, I'm really going to have to get a handle on this whole taper thing!!  Today was supposed to be six easy, as per my normal taper schedule, ended up with 10 miles, 3 of those were mile repeats with a friend at a hard effort for her, still fairly easy for me, but more distance than I had planned.  So again, not sure if this is going to hurt me Saturday, or if it's a sign of good things, we'll see.  I read a lot about people doing runs the week before a race that I wouldn't normally think of as tapering, but then they have a great race, hope that holds for me too.  I just fear that I haven't given myself the extra rest that I should have been getting.  Hopefully just prerace worries.  Smile

Tomorrow I'm only doing 5 miles, no matter what, if I come here and report that I've done more than 5, someone please slap the shit out of me. 

Hope everyone has a great day!!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Zelanie

Every. Damn. Day.

I have an excuse- I've been checking running logs for the 2016 game!  At least after tonight there won't be any new signups!

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Every. Damn. Day.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

LRB

Morning!  I've never been late to work.  Ever.  

Running late and being late are two different things Missy. Tongue

Is anyone throwing shit or damaging federal property at your office today?

bluerun

Super B****

I started my 2015 recap today.  Anyone have stock in Kleenex?! 

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Docket_Rocket

Running late and being late are two different things Missy. Tongue

Is anyone throwing shit or damaging federal property at your office today?

I never run late either.  I might run late only when my husband is the culprit.  But otherwise, I am the person that leaves one hour before the appointment for a 3 mile drive.  You never know in this shit hole.  It might take me two days.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page