Beginners and Beyond

Week 10 Penguins are hitting the absinthe! (03/04-03/10) (Read 11 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."  And some penguins don't run at all, we just hang out for the company! It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

It's National Absinthe Day, which I guess I probably should've skipped in favor of Cinco de Mayo.  But hey, I like to be different!  And what could be more different than a green liqueur you pour over a sugar cube balanced on the back of a silver spoon?

So be weird this week, Penguins!

I am still crazy stressed with work stuff and awards coordinator stuff.  Can't wait for the end of March!  (And yeah, I know March just started ...)

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 5 and weights tonight.

HopesMom, never had absinthe and it scares me.  Ha.  Sorry about the stress.  Hope it lessens soon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

I don't think I've even seen absinthe. Is it good? I hope your stress gets easier.

Probably a rest day for me.

Singer who runs a smidge

People who like it say it's good, and also powerful and possibly hallucinogenic.  Not for the faint of heart!  It was kind of a designer drink in France in late 19th/early 20th century.

Whacking away at my ridiculous to-do list ...

Singer who runs a smidge

Actually, I got a lot of things crossed off my to-do list, which is going to reduce my stress level substantially!  Now to go cross off a few more things ...

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have Pilates and 8 tonight.

HopesMom, great job!  Keep at it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

I did 8.5 miles, including six three minute intervals. I really was struggling to get close to 5k pace.I think my legs are still stiff from Sunday.

Singer who runs a smidge

Quartet rehearsal tonight, shifted from Friday because our lead has family coming into town.  Unfortunately, our bass has a cold.  So it's a trio instead of a quartet!

Wanted to bail on yoga this morning, but decided that would probably make it easier to bail next time, and seriously, do I have no commitment whatsoever?  So I did it.  Apparently I have a teensy amount of commitment!

Docket_Rocket

Afternoon!  Spent most of the morning in court (on the phone) and now waiting until his Majesty gets ready for us to eat lunch.  Starving!

I have 6 and weights tonight.

HopesMom, enjoy rehearsal.

Ginny, nice workout!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

There's nothing more exciting (at least this morning) than discovering that your computer hard drive is full and your external hard drive (3 TB, thank you very much) is also full, and then finding an unopened 5 TB external hard drive on your desk.

Must be time to generate more data!

Yoga this morning, chorus rehearsal tonight.  Woo-hoo!!

GinnyinPA

HM - you didn't know you had the empty drive?  Enjoy your rehearsal.

Today is either rest or 5 miles with strides. It's sunny outside, so I'd like to do it today, but the strides will be more helpful the day before my race rather than two days before.

Singer who runs a smidge

I knew it was there, but thought it was old and full.  Woohoo!!

Docket_Rocket

Evening!  Ran 12 with 5 @ HMP on the TM and just came back from Pilates.

HopesMom, ugh.  But yay at the new external HD!

Ginny, good luck with whichever you decide.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Wow, I could use the absinthe today!  It's been a Murphy's Law kind of morning, from the boiled egg that wouldn't peel to the apple leaping out of the fridge and rolling across the floor to dropping an open bag of walnuts to the street sweepers busily working on my back road into work.  Trying to work it so that I can go home a little early, as the students are on spring break.  So far my spreak break has been hella work-busy!!