Beginners and Beyond

Penguin's Final Four Weekendailies (Read 23 times)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning Pens and visitors !!

Short run today for us but waiting for temp to get above freezing.

Have a great weekend !!!

Zelanie

Morning, pens!  I am headed to Weight Watchers and then to the robotics tournament.  I think it's going to be my first 50-mile week of the year, and the best part is I still only have to run 6 today and 7 tomorrow to get there. Smile

Jerry- Hope spring comes soon!

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Congrats in advance on the 50 mile week, Zel.  Have fun at Robotics.

Zelanie

Congrats in advance on the 50 mile week, Zel.  Have fun at Robotics.

Uh oh, now I'd better actually do it. 

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  10 miles with hubby done.  Now off to do errands.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

GinnyinPA

We're below freezing here too (27 feels like 15 at noon).  If it warms up, I'll run my six outdoors, if not, I'll probably stay on the TM away from the wind.  My body is really achy today for some reason.  I'm more sore than after my 18 last weekend.  Rest days are supposed to be healing, right?

Jerry - I hope you get to do a run later.

Zelanie - congratulations on the 50 mile week.  Have you decided to run another marathon this spring?

D - good job on the ten.  Nice to have it done early while it's relatively cool.

tracilynn

hey Pengs

Cold snap here today too, high in the 40s.  It was like 80 on Thursday.  I heard on the national news that Miami was getting down into the 50s!  damaris, are you running in that? better break out the beanie.

I will run a little tonight and hopefully longish tomorrow.  My HM is in a week and I am unmotivated.  I may do a walk\run thingy

gotta go

~~~~~~~

Traci

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Sorry, didn't mean to stress you out.

From the Internet.

Afternoon pens!

14.7 miles this morning, bringing me to 41.7 for the week - first time ever over 40! Big grin I was tired midweek and worried about my long run, but I not only surpassed my goal of 14 but felt good doing it, so that was really nice.

This afternoon was a birthday party at a very loud children-zoo type facility - they all take their shoes off and climb around screaming like crazy people, make a turrible mess painting plaster figures, go back out for more running/climbing/screaming, and then make an even worse mess with red drank, pizza, ice cream, and cake. I picked up some Left Hand Milk Stout on the way home to enjoy with homemade pizza for dinner after being both physically AND mentally drained today!

GinnyinPA

Lauren - that sounds absolutely hellish.  I hope you have a peaceful and quiet evening.

Traci - hope you get your mojo back before your race.  If not, just enjoy doing a long run with company.

I ended up doing a fartlek run on the TM.  The "feels like" never did get above 20 and I just wasn't in the mood to deal with it. Tomorrow is supposed to be warmer, with much lighter winds.

Brilliant

Hello Penguins!

Lauren and Zel, congrats on the high miles!!

Damaris, nice running.  Enjoy the weather.

Ginny, I hope you got a good run in.  MTA: I see you did! Sorry it had to be on the treadmill.

Traci, I hope you find a little motivation!  This week should be easy; just some nice slow running.

Jerry, hope you have a good run and a good weekend.

Mitch said he was going to announce something exciting soon, a few days ago...did I miss it?

I PRed my 10k this morning; just posted a RR. 

hog4life

Lauren, Left Hand Milk Stout=Awesome! Congrats on the high week.

Zel, you are killing the miles.

Brilliant, haha, I have a portion of the surprise finished, but need to wait on one more piece, then I'll share. I think you will like it when I finally announce it. Congrats on your 10k PR, I loved the pic of you in your RR.

I finished a 25k this morning in 3:20:30. It was perfect temps at 32 for the start and 42 for the finish. There was a lot of mud, some good climbs, lots of rocks and tree roots, and one very brutal climb to the finish line. The winner took it in 1:49, and I finished ahead of a lot of my friends that said it takes them about 4 hours. My legs are sore as shit tonight, I sure hope get recovered before I go see Robert next weekend.

Brilliant

Happy running this Sunday, everyone!

Mitch, OK, I will wait patiently. Smile  Your race sounds super fun and hard!  Hope you are not too sore this morning.

I'm going to run an easy 5 this morning.

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed