Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES (Read 44 times)

LRB

I'll be driving over to the trail to jog shortly. The sun is already up and beaming but getting up at stupid o'clock to beat it on an off day from work is stupider, IMO.

It's summer, it's hot, it's clammy. As runners we know this. Deal.

onemile

I ran 5

delicate flower

'Morning.  Wife was up at stupid o'clock to run with her little running friends.  She invited me along but I am saving my legs for tomorrow.  I do have an easy bike ride to take care of later.  LRB runs early to beat the heat, and I am waiting to ride later when the sun comes out.

I need coffee.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  On my way to Orange Theory and then 5 miles tonight.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

No more marathons

but getting up at stupid o'clock to beat it on an off day from work is stupider, IMO.

It's summer, it's hot, it's clammy. As runners we know this. Deal.

Yeah, I woke up at my normal workday time and decided to get it done.

And ending up running a little over 9 (may be the first and last time a daily mileage was more than OneMile).

That put me temporarily ahead of the pace bunny for my monthly goal.  And that's about all I have for goals right now.  No races in the plan.

And no "plan" in the plan for that matter.

Boston 2014 - a 33 year journey

Lordy,  I hope there are tapes. 

He's a leaker!

LRB

Yeah, I woke up at my normal workday time and decided to get it done.

And ending up running a little over 9 (may be the first and last time a daily mileage was more than OneMile).

That put me temporarily ahead of the pace bunny for my monthly goal.  And that's about all I have for goals right now.  No races in the plan.

And no "plan" in the plan for that matter.

Well it's donr, so you got that going for you. 

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I left out at stupid o'clock and rode 50 miles.  For me, that's the equivalent duration to about a 20 mile run.  I think both are pretty stupid, but the ride sure doesn't leave me feeling nearly as beatup.  After a 20 miler, I wasn't worth anything the rest of the day.  After my ride, I could absolutely still be productive today.  But, I don't plan on it Smile.

Have a great day folks!

Runner with a riding problem.

Woke up at 4:30 and thought I was up for good. Miraculously and thankfully, I managed to get back to sleep, and finally got up at 6:30. Which practically feels like noon to me.

You will beat me today too. I will go out in a bit.

Dave

Oh, and here's a pic from my July 4th 5k. I am guessing it was taken pretty close to the finish. Need. More. Oxygen. 

Dave

delicate flower

It looks like you are properly 5King.  Nice pic, Dave.

<3

LRB

The sun is already up and beaming but getting up at stupid o'clock to beat it on an off day from work is stupider, IMO.

Welp, I had the right theme at least. I ran 10. It was awful. Should've gotten my stupid ass up but I was stupid. I even tried a pickup the last 3 miles and that was stupidest. 

Whatever.

Like bluesky dawg, I have no plan right now. And even if I did the running gods would likely have other plans. So I'll just take what I can get and plan to make a plan when planning time comes, at which point my fragile body will probably have plans of its own. lol

LRB

It looks like you are properly 5King.  Nice pic, Dave.

Dave has some of the coolest race pics. Yours usuallyaren't bad either. Mine on the other hand, are straight up ugly. 

Half Crazy K 2.0

Nice picture Dave. Here's one from my June 5k, this is probably at the 2 mile point. We all look so happy (I'm to the right)

You will beat me today too. 

6 miles.

Dave

Awesome face on the one in the middle. But there is no way I could get enough air in my lungs running with a face like that.

Nice picture Dave. Here's one from my June 5k, this is probably at the 2 mile point. We all look so happy (I'm to the right)

Dave