Beginners and Beyond

Clerihew Thursday Penguins (Read 19 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

The B&B Penguins
    Run in all seasons
    Awaken again on Thursday
    To put the miles away

PADRunner

Another what's hurting today day.

Out for 4 after coffee.

Bin Running

Morning Pad.. So an early post...

Just abt to knock off.. will try to do maybe 3-4 before dinner if I can.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

on my way to badass

Good Thursday Penguins! Good miles to PAD and Bin. 6 long done with training partner last night. Trail biking with DS on tap for today.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I had a super busy day yesterday that didn't get better on the commute home with a super bad thunderstorm (picture of how the sky looked like in yesterday's dailies).  So, I ended up doing 1 mile with hubby and calling it quits.  Today, I am working from home so a run during the day, Pilates tonight, and a massage.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good morning PAD, Bin, Docket, and Fence.  HealthClub for me today. Trying to strengthen the quads.  Running RD, but need a volunteer to run with DW.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Last night's walk got derailed as DH didn't get home until after 9 pm.  And this morning's got derailed because of course we didn't get to bed until about 11.  Tonight I'll be packing, and then we'll probably need to leave the house by 4AM latest for our flight to Washington.  I doubt I'll post next week, so y'all have fun and don't do anything TOO illegal!!
                Oh and Scotty?  We'll be out of Washington by the time that Bare Buns run comes along.  Darn the luck!

PAD -- nice penguin poem!!  Hope nothing hurts today!!

Bin -- hope you got your miles in!!

Oops, will have to do the rest later, my UPS guy is here.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Stone -- Have fun biking with DS!!

Docket -- ooh, a massage!!  Enjoy it!!

Jerryb -- good luck with your quads of steel!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

We have a bit of a 'cool front' today, high will only be 93 degrees, so I plan on doing some trail running after work.

So what is hurting today, PAD?  That reminds me...my back is giving me its signals that it's time for another arthritis injection.  I did pretty darn good this last time around, nearly 8 months since my last one.

If you got them in, Bin, hope your miles went well.

Hope your weather will be better for you today, Damaris.

Good luck with the strength training, Jerry.  Well, send DW to Texas, I'll run with her. 

Happy trip, HsM! Darn, that's too bad, I know you're disappointed about missing the bare buns run.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

SheCan

Morning everyone!

Good runs, PAD, Bin, and Stone!

Docket-- hope you have better weather for today's run.  That massage sounds nice!

Jerry-- enjoy your non-running, quad day!

HsM-- HAVE A GREAT, WONDERFUL TIME!!!!!  Be safe!

Scotty-- yikes @ that cool front... oh well I guess you take whatcha get.  Have fun on the trails.

I swear if that penguin had a 'Fro, it really would be me after my runs!  I am so digging our cooler weather, and ended up with 7 today.  Tomorrow I'll run some, and then Saturday, we're going to have a wine tasting party for our friends at one of the winery's around here for our 29th wedding anniversary.  And y'all ARE invited.  

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Greetings Pens.

I did a 6.3 mile tempo run today. The tempo part was 25 minutes at 7:12 pace and the rest was easy pace.

Have a good day.

Singer who runs a smidge

Hi again Penguins!  I got my instrument shut down for the UPS guy to work on things, and I cleaned it out while I was at it.  Now I'm just waiting for the all-clear to power it back up again.  Hoping to get out of here a little early ... 3AM is going to come awfully early tomorrow ...

obiebyke

Good afternoon, folks. Time got away from me yesterday and I only managed a measly 2 miles instead of 40 minutes. RD today.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

tracilynn

Something is always hurting on me too. I have a bone bruise on the bottom of my heel bone right now and my left knee is always a little ticked off.

Today I  did 30 mins on the stair climber at the gym and upper body weights.  Pool with the kiddos in a few

its almost TGIF Pengs

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Yo.  Did 5TM miles before Court, then Court, the massage, and now working until my Pilates' appointment.  The rest of the miles will come later.

I like to live dangerously. 

Hi, Tracey!  How's it going?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page