Beginners and Beyond

Good news . . . it looks as if RW has a handle on the spam problem. (Read 1300 times)

xor

Sorry but I don't actually remember being "welcomed with arms wide" on the RW forum, but then again i never expected it.

I wasn't referring to anyone in particular and in fact do not know who mj is referring to  because i have not read any posts on RW since coming here. I did not have the intention of insulting anyone when i said that, i was speaking kind of abstractly.

I also feel like i was treated like shit on RW, and got threatening and condescending PMs from s*s, and comments removed, just like everyone else.

I also don't give a crap who is a "heavy hitter" here or not. And I don't "cosign" jack squat. If i agree with something that someone says, and feel like seconding it, i do. Same way you or anyone else does.

Hint:  If you declare someone, however abstractly, to be a dick, well, that might get interpreted as an insult. 

I have thick skin and it didn't make me cry or anything.  But I, like any normal person, is unlikely to completely forget it either.

I'm not fishing for an apology, btw.  I don't care.  We're cool.

Btw #2, the thread I was referring to over there (where Flash called me and others "low" spammers for mentioning RA) seems to have been disappeared.  Spam wave X just occurred too.  So there's that.

runfoolery

Naw, it's still there under Forum Options

Maybe you just got blinded by all the spam threads surrounding it

tom1961

Old , Ugly and slow

This morning on rw no spam but only a few thread were up. Now spam is back with all the threads.

I hane not been called a dick only fat and a troll. I am fat but i am to tall to be a troll.

first race sept 1977 last race sept 2007

2019  goals   1000  miles  , 190 pounds , deadlift 400 touch my toes

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

I get called a dick here and one of several who are "low" for posting spam (aka, mentioning this group) over there.  By the owner of this thread.

I understand that people are cranky.  Some more than others.  But daaaaaaaaamn.

Wait, is this me?  Sorry, I am not the most observant person on the planet and I frequently forget where I post and don't go back to check for responses.  But I totally put a thread on there, mainly for Scotty, so he'd know where to find us if he wanted.  I bumped it through the weekend since I knew he was traveling. 

I guess I'm a dick.  

runfoolery

Yeah... looks like a few more days before the forums are usable. I had actually thought they'd implement a silly hack by now, but whatever.

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

It's been a buildup of the constant trashing of RW, and the constant urging to move to RA, culminating with a post last night among several of the people who seem to still care about RW. The post said "why are you still on a sinking ship?" Or something to that effect. It really just pushed my buttons. Why does that person care? Not everyone wants to uproot and start anew somewhere. THAT is really the kind of thing that has been bothering me. Why the need to ask the holdouts why we want to stay? It just kind of makes it seem like a clique-ish "all the cool kids are doing it so why aren't you?" Not to throw the word "clique" around because many of you are, in fact, my friends and I love interacting with all of you and learning from you. But that's just how that all comes off. I'll probably bounce between both but I don't see the need to bug those of us who still like RW.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

IT'S JUST RUNNING. Actually, it's just talking about running. Who cares where we are, as long as it's somewhere without Spam?

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

It's all good. They have it totally under control. Kind of like the Titanic...unless they actually intended to hit that iceberg.

Doc, you are not a dick. Smile

MJ5, I personally harbor no ill will to anyone who wants to stay over there. We're all grownups here and are capable of making our own decisions. Your choice is just different from those of us who have decided to make a new "home" at RA. I hope you DO continue to post here!

People are free to do whatever or be whoever they want.  Many of the dicks that you are referring to, felt as if they were treated like shit.

Ironically, many of them also welcomed you with arms wide.

I have seen those comments and while I personally would not diss anyone holding out hope that thing gets fixed, I am not going to diss anyone for expressing how they feel about it either.

MJ is a heavy hitter here.  She does not need a cosigner.

Calm down there Storm Trooper.  No one is saying that MJ5 can't stand on her own, I was just agreeing with her.  And we have several super heroes flying 'round these parts lately.  We don't need another one.

xor

It's been a buildup of the constant trashing of RW, and the constant urging to move to RA, culminating with a post last night among several of the people who seem to still care about RW. The post said "why are you still on a sinking ship?" Or something to that effect. It really just pushed my buttons. Why does that person care? Not everyone wants to uproot and start anew somewhere. THAT is really the kind of thing that has been bothering me. Why the need to ask the holdouts why we want to stay? It just kind of makes it seem like a clique-ish "all the cool kids are doing it so why aren't you?" Not to throw the word "clique" around because many of you are, in fact, my friends and I love interacting with all of you and learning from you. But that's just how that all comes off. I'll probably bounce between both but I don't see the need to bug those of us who still like RW.

Little history on that one.  The person who wrote it had recently been banned for weeks (along with Mandy).  Little axe grinding going on there.  Actually, the little drama that played out while he was banned but his "wife" (ok, probably really just him) posted and continually threatened that he'd get rodale employees fired was high kabuki theatre.

It kind of is all about cliques.  That's not a good or bad thing... it is both.  And factual.  And honestly, people just miss each other and are grumpy.  Because... yall have been a tightly knit clique for a long time.

The analogy itself... sinking ship... the ship won't sink.  But the community is fractured and, eh, grumpiness about that abounds.

I don't feel too badly about dissing RWOL though.  They have treated people like shit.  For years.  Who knows how much of this has been intentional.  Or just lack of competence.  Or, well, I dunno. 

Edit: -5 for overuse of the word 'little'

MrNamtor

I do apologize for calling anyone a dick, my comment was not well thought out. I should have said that going back to RW and taunting the people still there is not the most helpful or useful thing to do.

Anyway, as far as being called names, I've been called a dick and a douchebag, arrogant and condescending, even a "jackhole" , and all in just the last few days, mostly by people I never attacked, and some whom I literally don't know from adam.

I graduated from shitty middle school about 40 years ago. And now I feel like I'm back there.

Why don't we all just stop being so sensitive (and I'm talking about myself here as much as anyone else) and not take things so personally and so hard.

slr, you know your favorite saying "It's just running"? How about the corollary - "it's just a running forum". Maybe that would serve us all well

xor

slr is a camera.  I am srl.  Or Mclovin.  Or Stevie Ray.  Or Robert.  Or, apparently, dick.

MrNamtor

And we have several super heroes flying 'round these parts lately.  We don't need another one.

i know that's aimed at me, but that's cool.

why dont we all stop being douches for a while and call a truce?

MrNamtor

slr is a camera.  I am srl.  Or Mclovin.  Or Stevie Ray.  Or Robert.  Or, apparently, dick.

cmon, get over it already. Seriously

MrNamtor

anyway i cant help it if im dyslexic