Beginners and Beyond

Good news . . . it looks as if RW has a handle on the spam problem. (Read 1300 times)

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Mandy ::highfive::

adkkev

I was once a bad, bad girl and was banned from RWOL.  'Tis true.  Now, however, I have the powers to ban others.  Oh, how the tables have turned!  Tread lightly in the trail forum, my friends.  Evil

Okay, back to the dick jokes.

I was under the impression that you were still a bad, bad girl.  Or is that "dirty girl". 

Evil

MadisonMandy

Refurbished Hip

I was under the impression that you were still a bad, bad girl.  Or is that "dirty girl". 

Evil

I keep finding small rocks in the lint catcher of my dryer.  You know you're a trail runner when...

Running is dumb.

MJ5

Chief Unicorn Officer

No hard feelings to anyone, I mean that! And thanks, Stevie. Yes, I don't like being embroiled in a meltdown but it's nice to know some things stay the same. Smile I just want to put all the snark and ill will (of any kind) behind us and go back to Care Bears and rainbows.

Mile 5:49 - 5K 19:58 - 10K 43:06 - HM 1:36:54

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

I keep finding small rocks in the lint catcher of my dryer.  You know you're a trail runner when...

Or the mother of a little boy who likes to put gravel in his pockets.

Maybe he's a future trail runner?

LRS

Chasing Muses

"Retract dick" gives me a very disturbing mental image.

Like a turtle wearing a turtleneck?   Blush

xor

I was once a bad, bad girl and was banned from RWOL.  'Tis true.  Now, however, I have the powers to ban others.  Oh, how the tables have turned!  Tread lightly in the trail forum, my friends.  Evil

My ex brother-in-law worked for a dude named Dick Zucker.  I even have his business card.

At the same time, his wife worked for Dick Breakie.  I swear.  She had formerly worked for a Dick Pettit.

I used to work with a woman named Titty.

MrNamtor

if your last name is Hunt, do not name your son Mike.

Will you ban Bob! if he posts pictures of his chafing?  For the love of God, please answer this in the affirmative, Sistah Mandy.  No one else needs to see that!  Ever.

I had a lot of good times over at RWOL.  It is sad to me to watch the site dying over there.  That said, I feel if they didn't owe me anything, then I don't owe them anything.

I feel bad for those of you who want to continue on at RWOL.  You've been loyal and I hope Rodale ultimately rewards your loyalty with a functional forum you can continue to use.  That said, don't take attacks on Rodale and/or RWOL as necessarily being attacks on you personally for staying there.  A lot of the anger is really people who are just upset to see their online running home destroyed with very little response from those in charge (I feel somewhat bad for the mods as Rodale appears to have basically thrown them under the bus).  However, there are also going to be those over there who because of past run-ins with authority who are there mainly just to enjoy and take pleasure in what they see as the proverbial sacking and burning of Rome.  So it might be best to just steer clear of those threads and stick to the running threads if that sort of thing upsets you.

Also don't take it as an attack of some sort that we invite people to come here.  Competition and choice are good things.  If people like it here they will stay, if they don't, they will go back to RWOL or they will go elsewhere.  There is also no reason people can't ultimately post on both forums, as many people have expressed that they will do.  Remember, RA is the little upstart: we're the ones without the corporate backing, cool name, and Google search engine placement.  Even if we ultimately left, RWOL would surely fill up with new users eventually.

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

My mom knew a guy named Peter Holder.

Docket_Rocket

LOL!

Spam is back!  With a vengeance.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MrNamtor

LOL!

Spam is back!  With a vengeance.

And the circle of life continues.

Docket_Rocket

Nothing new to see here!

OK, back to dicks.  Sorry for interrupting.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

xor

if your last name is Hunt, do not name your son Mike.

When I worked at a water park in Grand Prairie Texas back in the 80s (White Water, for those who care), there was a place called International Wildlife Park across the street.  You'd drive your car through fake savannah and see animals and such.

Anyway, we had two radio systems... one of which shared the same frequency as IWP.  So we got to listen in when calls were placed.  For stuff like "the hippo is stuck in the x".

The general manager of IWP?  The one who got the most urgent calls?

Yup.  Mike Hunt.

Just like in Porkys. 

Quality Manager at a previous company where I was employed had the name Richard Dick.

Fact.