Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES (Read 37 times)

Cyberic

I'll be running some miles during girlie's soccer practice.

You?

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

I got in 32 on the bike.  It was warmer and more humid than yesterday, but was still good.  If I wasnt omw to work, this day would be looking better.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

Half Crazy K 2.0

Cyberic, just curious, is your RP single?  If so, I can see that raising the uncomfortable factor.

LRB

You?

I just polished off a banana and a rich chocolate pudding. Now, I'll head out and run for about 70 minutes. Nothing special, just a jog.

Runshortii

5K in a steady rain. Which I won’t complain about in the summer other than I need to cut my hair because my ponytail looks like a rats nest. Time was 21:11 or so, a 20 second PR. 1st female OA and 3rd or 4th OA  Swag was a $25 gift card to a local restaurant and a $50 Visa card. I’ll take it.

Cyberic

Cyberic, just curious, is your RP single?  If so, I can see that raising the uncomfortable factor.

Yup. Single.

Cyberic

5K in a steady rain. Which I won’t complain about in the summer other than I need to cut my hair because my ponytail looks like a rats nest. Time was 21:11 or so, a 20 second PR. 1st female OA and 3rd or 4th OA  Swag was a $25 gift card to a local restaurant and a $50 Visa card. I’ll take it.

Wow! Congrats!

Half Crazy K 2.0

Runshortii, congrats on the win! Nice prizes.

Cyberic, yea, I can see why your wife was not pleased with the arrangement.

Docket_Rocket

Morning. Heading to Missoula and hoping my lungs work better there. Apparently, 5500ft altitude is noticeable to my fucked up lungs. Missoula is lower, thankfully.

3 miles there if I have time.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

I just polished off a banana and a rich chocolate pudding. Now, I'll head out and run for about 70 minutes. Nothing special, just a jog.

70 minutes is a nice jog. That's pretty much what I did.

Runshorti- Congrats! Thats a fantastic PR!

Ran the QM this am. (6.55M)

I think I spent the last couple days trying to convince myself that I'm not that sick. Yesterday afternoon it really hit me and this morning I almost decided to sit this race out. I decided around 5am that I would give it a go but not race all out. I hoped to help my friend run a better time than he did last year.

Warming up I felt pretty lousy. The weather was not bad for racing at all. Humidity was on the lower side, it was cloudy, and the heat was manageable. The gun went off at 7:30am and we were off. The course had some rolling hills and 2 pretty cool trail sections. There were some tight turns, roots, etc. Felt like a trail runner for a moment lol. My effort level was very manageable for the entire race and I was happy to keep it that way. We exited the woods and got onto the road for the final .5m or so and I saw someone 100m or so who looked like they might be in my AG. I really wanted to win a Pie so I stepped on the gas and blew past him like he was standing still. Garmin says I was at a sub 5 min pace here.  Then I really felt like crap and said to myself "why did I just do that?" lol. Crossed the finish with a 42:38.  5th in AG 18/381 OA. I'm happy I came out for the event despite not being able to run my best effort. Had a great time! My friend got a nice course PR which is awesome! So happy I could help him out.  You cant control when your sick. Its much better than being injured and I know I will be over this soon. Time to get healthy and get ready for this 5k in 5 weeks! Sub18 here I come..errr try 

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

Docket_Rocket

Congrats!  That is a huge PR for a 5K!!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Nice race, Jay!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Runshortii - Kudos to you!

Jay - good job when not feeling 100%.

Just a 6-mile easy run for me.  Then cleaning out the garage.  Next:  putting stuff back in the garage (snow shovels in the back).

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                              10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

Cyberic

Can't compare sicknesses, Jay, but the cold I had last month was really disabilitating (is that even a word?) If I would have raced a 10K with that, it would not have been pretty.

Glad you enjoyed your race nonetheless.