Beginners and Beyond

Shhh, SUNDAILIES, You'll Wake Up the... (Read 55 times)

Zelanie

I have jelly arms now after working with DD.  We did arms, shoulders, core, and hips.  She stayed behind to hit the TM since she doesn't like to run outside. Roll eyes

kristin- Glad you got another good run in!

Basya- Love the opportunity to get a LR in on a weekday!  I did mine on Tuesday last week!

Ami- Sounds like the plan is really working for you!  When is your HM?

Ball of Fury

Sounds like a great workout!!  My HM is the Indianapolis Mini-Marathon, which is May 4...just me, DH, and 34,998 of our closest friends!

I have jelly arms now after working with DD.  We did arms, shoulders, core, and hips.  She stayed behind to hit the TM since she doesn't like to run outside. Roll eyes

kristin- Glad you got another good run in!

Basya- Love the opportunity to get a LR in on a weekday!  I did mine on Tuesday last week!

Ami- Sounds like the plan is really working for you!  When is your HM?

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

Zelanie

Wow, just a small one then! Smile

Sounds like a great workout!!  My HM is the Indianapolis Mini-Marathon, which is May 4...just me, DH, and 34,998 of our closest friends!

AmiK, I'm glad that you and DD had great workouts.

I'll be off to the Y in a bit to do something crazy: weights chased by a ten-mile LR on the TM. I'm having serious trouble accepting my LR not happening on the planned day. If it works, then, except for ab work and pushups, I'll have a complete rest day tomorrow.

Got to do my workout the personal trainer put together for me and it felt great! The did 5 on the treadmill. Might try for anther 3 tonight since I couldn't run yesterday!

Have a great Sunday everyone!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

notimeforthat

Well like a blonde I posted in the wrong Saturdailies thread. oops.

Yesterday was a test at the track. 2.7 miles (I didn't feel like finishing the rest and I needed to get home) with an avg of 8:36 or something like that for the warm up, then 1.07 miles at 7:59 avg. then home again, home again jiggity jig.

Today was a TT on the bike. It is 55 here, sunny, and windy as hell. Had an ok effort, but I wish it had been better. Hit the power numbers, but after coming off Topiramate for headaches (had developed muscle weakness that I noticed so I stopped it) I am starting to feel a little stronger than this fall.

LRB

Supp peoples!

12.10 easy miles at an 8:44 pace, which was pretty consistent throughout.

I did however, have that feeling of extreme hunger for the first time during today's run so I will either begin incorporating gels/sports drinks, or eating something before any run of 12+ miles from here on out.

Right now I am on a low calorie diet and I run on an empty stomach, which works fine for most of my training runs, but is a recipe for disaster for my long runs.  I went through that last fall and there is simply nothing to be gained for me by staggering along starving for two hours or more.

Long runs while monotonous, serve a purpose.  And having run them both on empty and with a quarter tank of gas last season, I just think I am better served not feeling weak and pathetic for the second half of such an important run.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

16.66 miles at 7:13 pace to cap off 91.7 miles this week. The run was 1 hour steady, then 15x1min MP/1min easy, then 30 min steady. My legs felt good, and since I did a fair amount of slower running this week, I pushed it a bit.

Be back later to catch up.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

DCDan78

Long run for me today, but also of the AmiK variety - 8.22 miles. Ended up going at a 9:53 pace overall, which was faster than intended but felt good.

And semi-pro tip of the day: listening to stand-up comedy can make the time go fast, but you may get some odd looks if you laugh aloud.

runmomto3boys

20.25 miles done at 7:34 pace.  I had a hard time dialing into the run, so I decided to try to change my mojo by running the last 5 miles at MP.  That worked, but I ended up running the last 5 miles at 6:52 pace (too fast).  I also checked my foot pod's accuracy by counting laps for 6 miles and it's dead on accurate - to the second.  I was worried that I wasn't really getting faster, but that instead my foot pod is wonky, so YAY!  I hit 82.25 miles for the week.

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

16.1 miles @ 7:53/mile, 11 laps around the lake, great run. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

runmomto3boys

SIAR: Wow....just WOW!  What a week you had mileage wise and what a run today, pace wise!  Fantastic, fantastic running!  You are in incredible shape and are just so fun to watch right now!!!!

Zelanie: Excellent job on the cross training!!!  I am so impressed!

Basya: I hope the weights and 10 miler go well today!!!

Al: Nice work on the track/swimming TTs.

LRB: Wow!  What a great run!  Nice mileage and what a great pace.  Your easy pace is getting so much faster than it was.  Kicking butt, LRB!  I eat a bagel before my LRs.  It works well for me.  I don't take gels or anything on them.

Kristin: Great working getting the elliptical/TM running in.

Dave: That sounds like such a nice run and what a great pace!!!

AmiK: Look how fast you are getting!!! 8:4x moderately easy pace????  Yay you!!!  I bet you feel amazeballs!  Congrats on a great freaking run!

April: Enjoy the 10 today!  Yay for warmer temps - even if you have to run in the PM.

StepbyStep-SH

Cold rain here today, which is supposed to turn into freezing rain tonight. Think I'll be inside most of next week again. Sigh.

I ran 5 easy miles on the TM after church. My ankle is a little tender, so I'll ice and ibuprofen a couple of times today and reassess tomorrow. Even if it is feeling better, I'll keep it to an easy run; if needed, I'll take the day off.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

Zelanie, "Delicate Flower" is a name DW came up with for me.  Big grin  It's not that I get hurt a lot, but I do seem to have my fair share of issues.  I seem to have more instructions than a Happy Fun Ball (google it).  Enjoy that 6.25 miler today.

LRB, nice 12 miles.  I need something extra in me for those LR's or I crash hard.

SIAR, holy crap...nice run and nice week!

RM2B, you rock.  I'm continually amazed at your runs.  Did you calibrate your footpod?  I've found that mine is accurate right out of the box.

HAPPY SUNDAY AFTERNOON to the rest of you!  PT session #2 done for the day.  It seems to feel a little less painful each time.  DW bought me sushi for lunch and is now making me cookies.  I don't deserve her.

11 more weeks until I can run again.

<3

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Zelanie...Jelly arms...yep, know that feeling.  Nice job getting a good workout.

AmiK...Glad your liking Hudson so far.  I'm 9 weeks in on one of his 20wk plans and am still loving it.  That's one big HM you're running!

Basya...Best of luck getting through that workout you crazy kid!  Think of all the food you can eat after all that exercise.

Sparker...I'd love to workout with a trainer some time...sounds like fun.  Glad you enjoyed your session.  Great job on the run too.

Al...Time trial city for you!  Those are so tough to push through for me.  That's scary to think you were developing some muscle weakness with your meds - good thing you noticed it.

LRB...Hungry runs don't sound very fun.  I think you're making the right call to start fueling more, either before the run or during.  Good work with the consistent 12.

DCDan...Thanks for the comedy tip!  I don't see too many people while I'm out, so I'd probably be safe.  Nice miles and pace.

RBT3b...Thank you...your training is pretty darn fun to watch too.  Killer run for you today as well.  I've read a lot that elites actually push the pace either when they're feeling fatigued or just struggling with a run.  It sounds like that's what you did today with some pretty good success (those last 5mi are my MP goal).  It's a strategy I'm kinda playing around with a little too.  Great weekly mileage for you too...were all those miles on the indoor track?

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn