Beginners and Beyond

Shhh, SUNDAILIES, You'll Wake Up the... (Read 55 times)

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Step...Ugh, more indoors Sad  We're getting closer to better weather, right?  Good luck with the ankle, and nice job on the 5.

D2the2nd...Awesome run!  It must have been a nice view to go around it that many times.

Baboon...Thanks...So nice to see that it's getting progressively more tolerable for you.  Sounds like you have a great wife, which has to help you feel better too.  11 weeks is nothing, and you'll be back for you know it.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

runmomto3boys

SIAR: Most of my miles this month were at the track, actually.  I think I ran outside 3 times.  That also colors my paces - I'm faster indoors, no doubt, but thanks for the kind words!  I have a lot of success with pushing the pace when runs aren't going well.  I'm glad that worked today!  You are so going sub-3:00 this Spring.  With your paces / miles? Yeah.  I think that you will crack 3:00 w/o a doubt.  I love watching you train, though.  I want to be you when I grow up!

Phil: Thank you so much!  I calibrated it on a run before I started using it.  I am just happy it's accurate.  I've gotten a lot faster in the last couple of weeks, and I was worried it might be the foot pod!  I'm happy it is not!  I'm glad PT went well and, yes, your wife is the BESTEST!!!!!  Sushi and cookies????  You are one lucky man!

YAYpril - B-Plus

10.2 done, wrapping up my highest mileage week so far - 35.53 miles. I made a point to keep it really easy today since my legs were slightly fatigued from my tromp through the snow yesterday.

EbonyN

MusicofEbony

20.25 miles done at 7:34 pace.  I had a hard time dialing into the run, so I decided to try to change my mojo by running the last 5 miles at MP.  That worked, but I ended up running the last 5 miles at 6:52 pace (too fast).  I also checked my foot pod's accuracy by counting laps for 6 miles and it's dead on accurate - to the second.  I was worried that I wasn't really getting faster, but that instead my foot pod is wonky, so YAY!  I hit 82.25 miles for the week.

Runningmom great job with the 20.25 miles, you are amazing. Your pace for 20.25 miles is only about 30 seconds slower than what my goal 5K pace! Also thank you for the encouraging comment from yesterdays thread.

Formally known on the Runners World forums as Malletgirl02.

LRB

Well like a blonde I posted in the wrong Saturdailies thread. oops.

Blessed are the Penguins!

X and SIAR, bagels worked well for me training for Charlevoix last spring, they are just so freakin dense to get down so early.  As it is, they work better than anything else I tried so there's that.

Nice runs and sick weekly mileage by the both of yous!

Ebony, how are your hammies and calves coming with the tightness?  We were stricken with achilles tendonitis around the same time if I remember correctly (mine was 8.19.13).  I've been stretching like a ballerina ever since!

Supp Boon, how's them numbers on the scale lookin'?  Smile

Real Deal, tough run.  Good thing you are tough!

Ami, keep us updated on the Hansons plan.  The only people we hear about using it seem to be Olympians.  Hmm....

Basya, I thought your run was done for today.  I must've misread something oops!

Supp Shari, April, Zel, Spark, Dave, Rob, Kris w/#'s, Dan, D2nd and everyone else!

Me, I haven't stopped eating since I got home!  Garmin says I burned 1,848 calories, I don't put too much stock into that though but will have no problem staying under it in terms of eating all the same.

Carry on!

Hi, guys and gals!

I got out for an easy 5.7 miles today.  I opted to run shorter and easy today since I ran intervals yesterday, and tomorrow's weather is supposed to be pretty nice.  I will do a longer run tomorrow.

PRs:

5k: 25:05 (Sep 2011)     10k: 51:57 (Aug 2012)     half: 1:56:46 (May 2013)     full: 4:09:46 (Jan 2016)

LRB

Hi, guys and gals!

I got out for an easy 5.7 miles today.  I opted to run shorter and easy today since I ran intervals yesterday, and tomorrow's weather is supposed to be pretty nice.  I will do a longer run tomorrow.

That's smart.  I have time to burn at work or I will lose it so I opted to take the next four Tuesdays off so I can do my speed work at the track.

Most men take off work to go fishin'.  I take off to go runnin'!  Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Great job, guys.

Waiting for my second run, if I do it.  My stomach is horrible today which means I'm coughing up a storm.

Damaris

delicate flower

Supp Boon, how's them numbers on the scale lookin'?  Smile

Don't know and don't care.

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

I celebrated my birthday today by doing the Be My Valentine 5K in San Antonio along the Riverwalk.  Here is the link to my report and photos, which is posted on the forum here somewhere.

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/66113d9647b74210829b5842cc687964/resume#focus

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

A lot of great accomplishments today, enjoying reading about all of them from the couch. Approve

Just checked my training log as I had not been keeping up with the uploading, and see that I hit 39.6 miles the week before this past one. (I am sure I could have squeezed another 0.4 in the somewhere....) Not much for some of you high-mileage folks, but an all-time high for me.

Dave

runmomto3boys

A lot of great accomplishments today, enjoying reading about all of them from the couch. Approve

Just checked my training log as I had not been keeping up with the uploading, and see that I hit 39.6 miles the week before this past one. (I am sure I could have squeezed another 0.4 in the somewhere....) Not much for some of you high-mileage folks, but an all-time high for me.

That's huge!  Congratulations!!!!!!!!!

April: Congratulations to you on your PB week as well!

Scott, I'm glad that your new routine went well. Great job chasing it with a five-mile run.

AI., I admire how you're sticking to it, considering how difficult withdrawal can be. I hope that you continue to feel better.

Rick, sweet 12:10. I find that green tea extract helps with appetite and keeping a clear head. I take the one by Solgar twice per day. About my run this morning: I ran, but only 4.90 miles, instead of the 10.0 I'd planned. I cut it short, returned to bed, and napped.

SIAR, blistering run. Wow!

DCDan78, amazing sub-10:00 8.28.

Heidi, you blew my mind again. 20.25 at 7:34?!?

Dave, great 16.1. The lake must have been gorgeous.

Shari, wonderful fitting the five miles into your day after church. I hope that your ankle heals very soon.

Baboon, I'm glad that PT is helping.

AprilRunner, great 10.2. Congratulations on your weekly-mileage PB!

paulajcmd, wonderful 5.7. I hope that you enjoy the beautiful weather tomorrow.

(((Damaris))) I hope that you feel well soon.

Happy Birthday, scottydawg! How cool that you were able to race on your special day!

Dave, I hope that you're enjoying that couch timeSmile Congratulations on your weekly-mileage PB!

Weights push-ups, and my long run are done.

I've begun tapering (waaaaah!), so I did only two sets of each weight-training exercise.

My long run went well. Unexpectedly so, after this morning. 10.26 miles on the TM in 1:45:00. 10:15 pace. I increased the speed every ten minutes.

0:00 to 10:00 - 5.4mph (11:06)
                            10:00 to 20:00 - 5.5mph (10:54)
                            20:00 to 30:00 - 5.6mph (10:42)
                            30:00 to 40:00 - 5.7mph (10:31)
                            40:00 to 50:00 - 5.8mph (10:20)
                            50:00 to 60:00 - 5.9mph (10:10)
                            1:00:00 to 1:10:00 - 6.0mph (10:00)
                            1:10:00 to 1:20:00- 6.1mph (9:50)
                            1:20:00 to 1:30:00 - 6.2mph (9:40)
                            1:30:00 to 1:40:00 - 6.3mph (9:31)
                            1:40:00 to 1:45:00 - 6.4mph (9:22)

I'll do ab work later. (That's one thing from which I don't plan to taper, in preparation for my marathon.) Now, I'm off to eat a lemon Chobani and nap for another bitSmile

Chairman

4 easy + 4 tempo + 4 easy

I've had better days.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

runmomto3boys

Scrape: Those tempo miles were blazing fast!

Basya: What a great progressive run today!!!