Beginners and Beyond

Penguins Patch It Up Thursday (Read 19 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Today's Holiday's

I Need A Patch For That Day 

National Wait Staff Day

One Day Without Shoes Day

Close Up of Feet of Gentoo Penguin Premium Poster

Photo Credit: Jodi Kendall, images taken at the Turtle Back Zoo .

Chinstrap penguin

Red Nose Day- Comic Relief-inspired events have spread across the globe; Red Nose Day is a day when comic relief raises money for various causes.  Launched originally in 1988 in Britain.

Club Penguin Red Nose Day 2013 Cheats

World Day for Cultural Diversity

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

PADRunner

Morning penguins, 3.75 on the TM this morning more later.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice run/walk for me yesterday after work.  Rock n Roll Marathon San Antonio hosted a 5K and 5-mile fun run at 6 pm along the San Antonio Riverwalk and you could sign up early for the Rock n Roll Marathon, Half, 5K or 10K if you were so inclined.  About 30 or so people showed up, so a pretty nice turn-out for a worknight evening.  We started and finished at Blue Star Brewery and then post-run there was complimentary beer...nice!  I did the 5K in 33:56.  Cloudy, rain threatening, and a temp of 83 degrees with humidity near 100%, gaack!  But a pretty good breeze was blowing, which helped.  Fun outing and saw lots of folks I know, friends from the local racing scene.

Today is my Thriday!  I am off tomorrow and get to sleep in for a bit, as it's a non-running day.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!

Scotty, happy Thriday.

PAD, How did Bike with the Mayor go?

Something for me this morning,  not sure how far.  We had a super fun party last night for dd (she graduates college on Friday). A nice mix of college students and family friends.  Not having water in the kitchen wasn't too much of a hassle.  I'm saving washing the serving dishes until later because the plumber comes this morning and I WILL HAVE A FINISHED KITCHEN TODAY!  So I better go run before he gets here.  Big grin

Zelanie

PAD- Morning!  Nice run!

Scotty- Congrats on the "extra" weekday race! Smile

Brilliant- I am so happy to hear that the party went well and that you'll have your kitchen done today!  And that you're getting a chance to get a run in too! Smile  Congrats to DD!

I walked 4 miles with DH yesterday, and felt pretty good, so I think I might try to run to running club tonight.  It would be about 3.5 there, and if it's terrible I can catch a ride home.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  It's pouring outside today, but if it quits at some point, I'll go for a walk.  Feeling better than yesterday, except that my feet are wet!!  I should've worn sandals instead of sneakers today, doh!  Chorus rehearsal tonight, the first one where I'm in charge of all the administrative stuff!!

PAD -- woo-hoo for your 3.75, and enjoy your more later!!

scotty -- Today would be great for no-shoes day, feet dry out so much faster!!  Enjoy your day off tomorrow!!

Brilliant -- enjoy your something, and woo-hoo for your finished kitchen!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Howdy, Zel!!  Have fun with running club tonight!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

Brill: Where does you DD go to school?

Zel: I'm glad to hear DH is out there walking with you. You should sneak a pair of running shoes into his Christmas stocking this year. Just a subtle hint...

Last night: 8th grade awards with DD2.

Tonight: Eye appointment and senior awards/dinner with DD1.

This weekend: not sure

Next week: 8th grade promotion and HS graduation ceremonies.

No running but busy as usual.

In other news, I am sore. Last night on my core workout, went from using 3 lb. dumbbells to 5 lbs.  What a difference those 2 lbs. make! I hope to feel and see some results in a few weeks. I would rather be running but at least it's something! Smile

Hope all is well.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

5 this afternoon.  Registered for Sunday !!!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

HM? Where?

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

HM? Where?

HM.  Madison, WI.  Picking up some New Glarus while we are there.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

HM.  Madison, WI.  Picking up some New Glarus while we are there.

Just a few cases, I'm sure.

Docket_Rocket

Cutting it close, eh?  Good luck!

I ran 10 with 6 at MP on the TM earlier. Fucking smoke and fires again.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

Hi pens!

My foot is being a douche. Cramped up yesterday, still hurts to walk today. But I got race pictures! Two more in the regular dailies, here is one where I look slightly less ridiculous.

Docket_Rocket

Nice pic!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page