Beginners and Beyond

Hump Day WednesDAILIES (Read 35 times)

Morning Everyone!

I never sleep good the night before Interval work. . Think my legs appreciated the extra easy day. Didn't feel as fatigued this morning.

8Mi w 8x800/ 2:00R Target Interval pace ( 2:54)

Splits: 2:54, 55, 49, 52, 53, 54, 55, 51

Felt great...not too difficult at all. Tried to keep them relaxed while keeping good (as good as I can) form. First one was on target which was weird...its normally very slow. I don't know where the 2:49 came from as I don't feel like I put any more effort into that one. Happy with this workout...cant wait to race!

PRs:----- 5k: 17:48 (2019)   5M: 29:36 (2020)    HM: 1:24:37 (2017) Scheduled: ???

LRB

I never sleep good the night before Interval work. .

That's funny.

LRB

I woke up at 5:30 to run but after coffee was just not feeling it. I suppose my weekend exploits, which included consuming a full bottle of wine four days in a row, with one of those days being a bottle and a half of wine, and two runs in the Mojave desert finally caught up to me. Either that or I'm lazy. Yeah, let's just go with that.

Cyberic

Morning Everyone!

I never sleep good the night before Interval work. . Think my legs appreciated the extra easy day. Didn't feel as fatigued this morning.

8Mi w 8x800/ 2:00R Target Interval pace ( 2:54)

Splits: 2:54, 55, 49, 52, 53, 54, 55, 51

Felt great...not too difficult at all. Tried to keep them relaxed while keeping good (as good as I can) form. First one was on target which was weird...its normally very slow. I don't know where the 2:49 came from as I don't feel like I put any more effort into that one. Happy with this workout...cant wait to race!

Nice workout!

Back to the run commute grind. Thankfully the woman is taking the moped to work this morning, so I didn't have to bring my lunch on my back. That thing is heavy this morning. Big plate of leftovers, 2 bananas, 1 apple, yogourt, 2 granola bars...

MTA: that is my normal lunch. The difference today is the size and the weight of the leftovers, lol.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning! I have 6 and OTF.

Damaris

Cyberic

Morning! I have 6 and OTF.

I still read "WTF" instead of "OTF" about half of the time when I'm quickly scanning the dailies. The first weeks it was like 99% of the time. An "O" looks nothing like a "W", but my brain still processes it that way.

Now that is story you'll remember for a long time.

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

I set my alarm for 4:30 and actually got up and ran early this morning.  I need to get into that habit once marathon training rolls around in July.  That being said, we'll see how I feel later, whether it catches up to me, and whether I also start seeing W's instead of O's.  ;-)

Rehearsal tonight could be challenging, but I only play in the last two movements (Brahm's 4th) and I know the piece well, so I should be OK.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

Good morning!

Speaking of snakes, I saw my first rattlesnake of the year.  Someone flattened it's head with a tire, which is the way I usually see them.  I'll probably see half a dozen rattlesnakes in the road this summer.  Usually they are dead, but I have seen several coiled on the pavement soaking up the heat.  In the 20 years I've lived here, I have dispatched 5-6 that were in the yard too close to the house, and that's not counting the copperheads.  The timber rattlers are mostly chill, and will let you step on them with just a noisy warning.  Copperheads are aggressive assholes, and will sometimes move toward you if they feel threatened.  Anyway...

I ran 15 strong miles this morning, with 12 @MP effort.  I was aiming for 9:00 miles on the flats, and just holding that effort on the big hills.  The "goal adjusted pace" on Strava is a neat feature, and it says I did pretty good.  I wasn't looking at my watch while running, and was a little fast on most of it.  It felt good, so that tickles the shit outta me.

Have a great day!

Runner with a riding problem.

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Good Morning All! I appreciate everyone letting me know I wasn't misunderstood yesterday - sensitive moment I guess haha.

Jay...Great job on the workout. That 2:49 stuck out to me too haha...must have found a tail wind. What race do you have coming up?

LRB...I didn't figure I would have offended you...I'm afraid you already know I'm not too offensive. Do you have a wine of choice? I've gone under the theory that I would try to learn one region and then move on from there. What that means is if I see a red from Chile, I order it lol. I don't think I've picked up too much knowledge, but I do enjoy it.

Cyberic...I feel like it's wrong to say leftovers without telling us what you're having! Hope the run commute is nice.

Docket...What is the OFT? I googled, and all I could find was onsite firearms training. Enjoy the miles!

Fred...I'm impressed by anyone with even a shred of musical ability as I have absolutely none. Nice job getting up to get the run in.

Pleasant...On the snake note, I just learned that copperheads emit a cucumber like smell when they feel threatened...hopefully I won't be finding much of that on the trail this season! That's a nice mid-week long run you go in there (or maybe a medium-long mid-week run?).

As for me, last night was 10, which I tried to keep really relaxed, aside from the last mile that had 300 feet of climbing. I ended up keeping the pace the same and just increasing the effort for the climb, which is generally how I like to handle hills anyway.

Group run tonight, so 6+ with some friends.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

bluerun

Super B****

Still pondering whether I'm masochistic enough to register for a 5K next week, so I did this 5K prediction workout to see how dumb of an idea that is.  It's dumber when you can't breathe because of congestion, and still dumber yet when you're on antibiotics to make you feel even more lethargic than you would otherwise.

So I still haven't decided.  Surprise!

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

Cyberic...I feel like it's wrong to say leftovers without telling us what you're having! Hope the run commute is nice.

My English is not so good. I'm ok with running related stuff, but lack general knowledge of the language. Food is a topic I never discuss in English.

I'll try: About half a pork fillet left, some sauce (or gravy?) for the meat, mashed potatoes and brocoli. The whole thing weighs more than 1 pound (subjectively).

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Good Morning All! I appreciate everyone letting me know I wasn't misunderstood yesterday - sensitive moment I guess haha.

Fred...I'm impressed by anyone with even a shred of musical ability as I have absolutely none. Nice job getting up to get the run in.

As for me, last night was 10, which I tried to keep really relaxed, aside from the last mile that had 300 feet of climbing. I ended up keeping the pace the same and just increasing the effort for the climb, which is generally how I like to handle hills anyway.

Group run tonight, so 6+ with some friends.

SIAR - Thanks.  I should note that when one plays a rare instrument (contrabassoon in this case) one often gets invited to join groups that have a generally higher average talent level.  Nice job on the consistent mileage for the 10, and I agree with Cyberic about sharing.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                          10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27; Spring Distance Classic 5k, 4/28

PleasantRidge

Warm&fuzzy

My English is not so good. I'm ok with running related stuff, but lack general knowledge of the language. Food is a topic I never discuss in English.

I'll try: About half a pork fillet left, some sauce (or gravy?) for the meat, mashed potatoes and brocoli. The whole thing weighs more than 1 pound (subjectively).

Your English is good enough to starve the fuck outta me Smile.

Runner with a riding problem.

Cyberic

Your English is good enough to starve the fuck outta me Smile.

LOL

delicate flower

Hey gang!  4000 yard swim done before work, and now I will be starving all day.  Tempo run tonight.

The building I am working in these days has the best elevator music ever.  "Hot Stuff" by Donna Summer was playing this morning.  I was getting funky and didn't want to get off!

<3