Beginners and Beyond

Slacker Sundailies (Read 40 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Alright........ I will excuse ya'll for your slacking since many have/had races this week... 

I got 16.2 miles in this morning, not sure if all of yesterday's chasing kids around and stuff had anything to do with my soreness or if it was the 66 degrees and 80% humidity, but this run was a bit tough once the sun started coming up around mile 10-11.  Got it done though, slowly - 2:46:59 so I am inching ever closer to that 3 hour milestone mark!

Many of you may or may not know, but today is my little sunshine's 2nd birthday - I say this just about everyday but I just can't imagine life without him, I also think I would have a hell of a lot more energy lol.... but I wouldn't change it for the world. I am sad though, 2 years has already flown by so fast..... I just wish it would slow down.

Big Birthday Boy!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

I had to push my LR to today because I went with DW and DD to the mall yesterday for something called Kids Fest. Super Why! was there, so my DD basically stalked him to the point where he recognized her. It was a good time. Wrapped up last night watching American Hustle. I liked it, DW didn't.

19.25 mile run done this morning in 2:48. I had 2 groups of 4x(5 min Tempo + 1 min Easy). I still felt like I could run that last 7 miles, so it was really encouraging with only a month until my next Marathon.

Have a great day!

- Andrew

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I wasn't really into American Hustle, DH liked it though.... it was really weird seeing Christian Bale with a gut on him..

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

It is almost 5:00am in Hawaii and I'm getting ready for my half marathon!! Start time is 6:00am. Very excited and nervous.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Good Luck!

It is almost 5:00am in Hawaii and I'm getting ready for my half marathon!! Start time is 6:00am. Very excited and nervous.

PRs

Good luck!

Rest day for me today. Feeling pretty sore, but will probably go for a walk or something. Bypassing my usual Sunday morning yoga, but I am considering a late afternoon class which is less intense.

Dave

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

5 easy this am with my DW.

feel springy and ready to race.

the team won overall in yesterday's 5k (even without me! Congrats)

StepbyStep-SH

Good luck, Kristin!

Probably a rest day for me. I had hoped to get a short run in to put me over 65 mpw, but I spent a lot of the night awake with congestion, swollen glands, sore throat and general ickiness - allergies? cold? Whatever it is, I am worn out. So my normal Sunday run time (now, after church) is becoming nap time. Maybe if I feel better this evening I'll get in 3+ miles. Or maybe not.

And we didn't get to see Monuments Men last night. They had it in their smaller screening room, with only 52 seats, and the 7:10 show was sold out when we got there at 6:50. Really didn't expect that. So we stopped at a couple of other downtown places for adult beverages instead.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

'Morning!  Good luck, Kristin!

3.5 mile shakeout run with DW done.  Fixing to go for a bike ride in a bit with said DW, Oski, and a few others.  Then a group eat.

<3

Ric-G

free - time accelerates with kids...happy bday to your son!

brrr - sounds like it's all lining up for your marathon

kristin - good luck

dave - enjoy the recovery

sly - same miles here

step - rest up

baboon - enjoy the group eat

5 miles this AM...soccer, badminton (?) and movies later...have a great day all!

marathon pr - 3:16

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Good luck!

- Andrew

outoftheblue

Good Luck Kristin!

Hoping for 5 easy miles today.

Life is good.

LRB

What's up peeps!

10 miles for me are in the books and I have been eating nonstop ever since.  lol

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.1 for me. Watching idiots trying to figure out how to drive my car at the car wash.  Damaris wi understand since she has the same car. . Errands and yard work to come.  I was up super early to run.

Marjorie

B-Plus

I had a bit of a strange encounter on my run. Came up close to this guy running in cotton khaki shorts then he sped up. I didn't think anything of it. Came side-by-side with him again and he did it again. I thought, ok maybe he's timing his strides for when someone gets near. Third time I got side-by-side he did it again and I was pretty sure he didn't want anyone (or at least me to pass him) and this was getting pretty funny to me (but not funny enough for me to fuck with him). I decided to stop at the water fountain to give him some distance and hope not to get into a position to pass him again. Of course I caught up, 2 faster runners passed me, and I looked on with great interest to see what this guy's response would be. Yep, same thing. They got close, he sped up to keep pace/pass. The second time he wasn't able to keep up, and it was around that time that I was warmed up enough to bump up my pace (not to purposely pass him, it was just that point in the run where I was warmed up). I could hear a bit of a response from him, i.e., heavier breathing, heavy feet, but I guess he was too gassed from trying to keep up with those fast runners.

I know this is a dumb story, but I've never had this happen to me so I just had to share.