Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES (Read 36 times)

LRB

Which is always a wonderful thing!

LRB

Except when you get up at the ass crack of dawn for a 6:30 Red Cord session. 

delicate flower

Except when you get up at the ass crack of dawn for a 6:30 Red Cord session. 

It's good for ya!  I was up at 5:15 every morning this week for a workout, and this morning was a little tougher on account of having to stay up late last night for some work stuff.  But the alarm went off, and so I rolled my lazy ass out of bed.  I managed my fastest swim yet this morning...2000 yards at 2:17 swim pace.  4 swims totaling 9300 yards this week.  I am starting to feel stronger in the water.  Good stuff.  4 mile shakeout run to do after work, possibly on the treadmill depending on how the afternoon weather goes.  Snow is falling.  10K foot race tomorrow.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 7-10 miles scheduled for tonight.  Cold front is arriving, so it should be outside.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

bluerun

Super B****

I ran 7.  There were these annoying white things falling from the sky and since I was too stupid to wear a hat with a brim, they kept hitting my eyeballs.  IT HURT.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Cyberic

SRD

It's good for ya!  I was up at 5:15 every morning this week for a workout

No it isn't. That's when I get up on my rest day. Today, 4:15. 

Anyhoo, my back still hurt when I got up this morning. Thought about blowing off the run, but already up so figured I'd try to tough it out again. Happily, it felt fine while running. Yay, running. 10 miles.

Dave

LRB

It's good for ya!  I was up at 5:15 every morning this week for a workout, and this morning was a little tougher on account of having to stay up late last night for some work stuff. 

Yep, its par for the course for morning runners.

Good luck with the weather!

delicate flower

Happily, it felt fine while running. Yay, running. 10 miles.

Excellent.

FYI, the US Olympic Marathon trials are on NBC tomorrow at 1:00.  OH BOY!!!  

<3

LRB

Cold front is arriving...

Miami? 

onemile

Excellent.

?? I thought the trials were Feb 13th

LRB

Excellent.

DATHAN RITZENHEIN.

Shalane, Desi, Kara.

delicate flower

oops.  God dammit.  THANKS FOR DESTROYING MY SATURDAY, ONEMILE.

<3

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

They are.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Docket_Rocket

Miami? 

Yes, second one in a month.  Unfortunately, they last 1-2 days where they get my hopes up and then they fuck me again with the eternal Summer.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page