Beginners and Beyond

Who is racing this weekend? Speak up already. (w/e 4/28) (Read 105 times)

Jess runs for bacon

My husband doesn't run at all, but he hasn't missed one of my races yet. He's my designated stuff holder and our unofficial official photographer. Smile

He takes great pictures too! -April's friend Jess

Robert31320

Team TJ

I hold bib #2 for a 5K on Saturday morning.

Running for TJ because he can't.

BruceD555

LOL... And you could make up some unrealistic goal for each one! That would be mean. Big grin

That would make TaperBruce (fka bruceD555) tochange his name to OMGBruce.

Hey ... don't think just because I'm tapering I won't see what you're doing here. I feel a bit like Donkey in Shrek when he says "I've got a dragon here and I'm not afraid to use it ... I'm a donkey on the edge."

Train smart ... race smarter.

happylily

Hey ... don't think just because I'm tapering I won't see what you're doing here. I feel a bit like Donkey in Shrek when he says "I've got a dragon here and I'm not afraid to use it ... I'm a donkey on the edge."

LOL...

I like your new name. It says a lot about you. Big grin

EDIT: I have to say, though, that my taper was more grandiose than your taper... I think that was when I started famous threads such as "Look at me I'm skinny, thanks to BMI" and "I want to retire in an obscure Central American country and run barefoot". Where are YOUR famous taper threads? Big grin

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

BruceD555

LOL...

I like your new name. It says a lot about you. Big grin

EDIT: I have to say, though, that my taper was more grandiose than your taper.lol... I think that was when I started famous threads such as "Look at me I'm skinny, thanks to BMI" and "I want to retire in an obsure Central American country and run barefoot". Where are YOUR famous taper threads? Big grin

I'm sneaky and bounce around between threads interjecting myself like a wacked out Mexican jumping bean. That way there's not a single thread that you can hang on me? Today was the I've-got-too-much-time-from-not-running phase of taper that left me sarcastic and finding humor in almost everything.

Train smart ... race smarter.

happylily

I'm sneaky and bounce around between threads interjecting myself like a wacked out Mexican jumping bean. That way there's not a single thread that you can hang on me? Today was the I've-got-too-much-time-from-not-running phase of taper that left me sarcastic and finding humor in almost everything.

haha Big grin It's almost over, hang in there! Smile

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

St. Luke's 5K...it'll be the first time NOT running the half since 2007, but I already did my spring half (Danbury), so focusing on the shorter stuff for right now.

Docket_Rocket

Better than:

"I can't feel my toes!  I don't have any toes!  I think I need a hug."

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

workinprogress11

Half marathon this weekend.  I'm going for sub 2.  I really want it and I'm really nervous about it.  Argh.

LRB

Half marathon this weekend.  I'm going for sub 2.  I really want it and I'm really nervous about it.  Argh.

For you, the nervousness means you are probably going to rock it, 'cuz that's how you roll!

I'm doing the Illinois Half Marathon in Champaign-Urbana on Saturday (shooting for <2:05:00) and then a 5K back home on Sunday. Will be interesting to see how Sunday's race goes.

Hey, you can look for TaperBruce there!

But I recommend you keep your distance. You know he's actually quoting lines from Shrek now? God knows what's next.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Good luck.  Go get it!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I can see him running by and saying:

Blue flower, red thorn

Blue flower, red thorn

Hey, you can look for TaperBruce there!

But I recommend you keep your distance. You know he's actually quoting lines from Shrek now? God knows what's next.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Philliefan33

Tonight both my DD's will be home,  so

We'll stay up late telling (wo)manly stories, and in the morning I'm making waffles!

Oh, and I'm also running the St. Luke's HM in Allentown on Sunday. Smile

Just visualize seeing that finish line clock starting with "1", that'll keep you on pace....

Dave