Beginners and Beyond

Who is racing this weekend? Speak up already. (w/e 4/28) (Read 105 times)

Just B.S.

Course PR'd by close to 2 minutes in my 5 mile trail race today.

8th consecutive year running this race. Tough race on sand/beach/trail/hills.

Previous PR in 2010 was 45:26 (road 5 miler is 42:27).

Finished today in 43:31, so only 1 minute off my road PR.

3rd women of 32 in AG (50-59),  79/250 overall and 17th woman overall.

Pretty good way to start race season.

Docket_Rocket

Congrats!

I'm doing my first ever race report!! I ran at my friend's elementary school 5k where she teaches. It was their first year and they had a great turnout. I loved the course, and the only downside was that they didn't use chips. I ran it in 23:40 which is my fastest race in years so I was psyched about that, plus finished in the top 10% which also hasn't happened for a while.

Another nice thing about the elemenatary kids is that they had them line up on the left (they had divided sides). Some were trying to line up in front of the faster people, and they made a point of keeping them off to the side so none of them could get hurt. The weather was just perfect for a race also. 1 interesting thing was that runners usually leave bags with a jacket etc. for later, but the police made sure they knew who these folks were which is probably part of the April 15th aftermath.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Great job, Beth!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Hip Redux

Damn, lots of great RRs already and sounds like a few more to be written!

The 5K tomorrow has no hope of going well.  I was on my feet all day, and my legs are exhausted.  Oh well.  See, this is why I don't put them in the forum stickies. lol

Just B.S.

Damn, lots of great RRs already and sounds like a few more to be written!

The 5K tomorrow has no hope of going well.  I was on my feet all day, and my legs are exhausted.  Oh well.  See, this is why I don't put them in the forum stickies. lol

That was my race report.Big grin

Hip Redux

That was my race report.Big grin

Well, then great job!! lol

workinprogress11

I'm too lazy to write a RR tonight so I'll just say my half marathon went great.  I got my sub 2 with over 2 minutes to spare.  I am SO happy and relieved that it went so well.

Docket_Rocket

Woot!  Hope you do write the RR!

I'm too lazy to write a RR tonight so I'll just say my half marathon went great.  I got my sub 2 with over 2 minutes to spare.  I am SO happy and relieved that it went so well.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

No idea why I called you Tomas!!!! You're forgiven!Big grin

WTF. I get called out for no reason.

I must have stalked you long enough that you were thinking about me at random times. Smile

Jimmie- I am sorry for my effect on poor damaris. She should not have called you by my name. You are a much better dude than me Wink

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

B-Plus

Taking a DNS tmw.

Docket_Rocket

Oh, no.  Hope it's nothing major.

Taking a DNS tmw.

Tomas, bahahaha.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

Taking a DNS tmw.

Oh no. Sad I hope everything is okay.

LRB

Taking a DNS tmw.

Man, you have had that race circled on your calendar for a long time.

B-Plus

Man, you have had that race circled on your calendar for a long time.

I know! I could sit around and sulk about it, but I was feeling to crappy yesterday even for that. Right now I'm just taking the positive that the work I've done these past few months will ultimately help me for my fall marathon.