Beginners and Beyond

Holy !@#$ Saturday Penguins! (Read 28 times)

on my way to badass

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

And Go!

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

on my way to badass

Woot!  My first penguin start.

I am at the 'rents home for Easter festivities.  Getting my 4-5 LR in soon here in the flat lands.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

LRB

Woot!  My first penguin start.

You are funny!  Enjoy your run!

'Sup Pens! 

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Congrats, Stone Fence on your first Penguin thread.

12 or 9 depending on the rain (which stopped), the flooding (working on that) and the husband.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

Morning! 3.75 easy miles, felt great and all my achy bits cooperated. As long as my shin doesn't feel sore later today or tomorrow I should be back to normal running next week!

hog4life

Damaris, that's funny, so many variables! 

14.53 mile LR for me. Probably not the best decision after working 12 hours last night, but after about 3 miles, my legs felt good so I just kept going. Now I just hope I didn't loose too much sleep.

Zelanie

Morning!  I'm around, but work has been kicking my butt lately!  Between that, DD's robotics (they qualified for the world championships by surprise, and those are next week in St. Louis), and walking Zoe for her rehab (she is doing great, has full run of the house, and is supposed to walk on-leash for up to 30 minutes, up to 3 times a day), I haven't had a lot of time to check in OR to run.  But I do keep up on reading the threads. Smile

Docket_Rocket

Damaris, that's funny, so many variables! 

14.53 mile LR for me. Probably not the best decision after working 12 hours last night, but after about 3 miles, my legs felt good so I just kept going. Now I just hope I didn't loose too much sleep.

And I forgot the heat and humidity!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens...

16 miles done, 8:58 pace. I'm super proud of DW because she did her first 18 mile run!  Now we are off to DD's track meet and then Costco, Target, haircut, etc...

Have a good day.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Thanks for starting Stone.  Enjoy the LR.  Congrats to the Robotics team Zel.  Are you going with to St. Louis?

Congrats to DW's 18 miler, Jack.

Zero for me as usual.  Not so sure the cortisone is helping much after 2 days, but Dr. said it can take a week.

Have a great Easter weekend.

SheCan

SF-- Yay@ your first penguin thread opening.... that's a victory in itself!  Enjoy flat land.

DR-- good luck

LRB-- hey you!  :-)

Lauren-- Good job on your miles.  Glad your legs seem to be doing well.

Mitch-- awesome miles there!   You're such a beast.  I guess all those back to back to back races are working!

Zelanie-- congratulations to your DD!  That's wonderful!  She's obviously a go-getting and winner like her mother.  Glad Zoe is doing well also.

Jack-- great job to you and your DW!

Jerry-- I'm sorry you're not feeling much improvement in the knee.  Given time, I sure hope you start seeing some improvement.

Did my 10k race this a.m.  Although I remembered it was hard, I forgot just how hard it was.  I kept doubting my sanity in even trying it.  But I guess it was alright.  I ended up first in my AG, and 2nd OA woman (VERY small race indeed.)  High Schoolers ended up with all the top spots.  They were all so sweet, but they kicked us old people's arses.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Philliefan33

Good afternoon everyone.

Congrats on the AG win Cherie!

Lots of good mileage being posted by the Penguins today.   I did a little over 4 miles today. It was supposed to be an easy day after yesterday's long run, but I must have been feeling good because my pace was 30 seconds per mile faster than usual.

GinnyinPA

StoneFence - enjoy your flat run and Easter festivities.

Hey LRB!

Damaris - hope the flooding isn't too bad. Indoors or outdoors?  Have a good LR.

Lauren - good luck with the shin.  It's so inconsistent, it must really be frustrating.

Mitch - Good job on the LR.  I hope you catch up on your missed ZZZs.

Z - congratulations to your daughter and her team.  Will you go to St. Louis with her?  Post race is a good time to take it easy, so enjoy your walks with Zoe.  I'm glad she's doing better.

Jack - how is the PF after your long run?  Enjoy the track meet.  Hope it's not too hot.

Jerry - Happy Easter.  I hope the shots help.  If not, did he give you an alternative?

Cherie - I thought it was a 7 mile race?  Did they shorten it?  Congratulations on the AG win and coming in 2nd overall woman.  You've been running a lot of mountains lately, so that helps.

Margo - good job on the speedy recovery run.

AFM:  I ran a race, my first HM, and put up a RR.  No pictures, though if there are any official ones I'll see if I can figure out how to link them.    Bottom line:  2:08:39, according to the preliminary official results. I had fun, but between the hard effort and very little sleep last night, I'm exhausted.  Tomorrow we drive to Maryland for Easter lunch with the family, so it will be an early night for us tonight, I hope.

Docket_Rocket

OUtdoors.  And the sun was so high and hot that it dried most of it, so we are going to run outside...as soon as the 91F go down a bit.

Great job on the HM, Ginny!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

SheCan

Congratulations, Ginny!   You did fantastic. I didn't even know you were going to run this.  (((((( Ginny ))))))

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson