Beginners and Beyond

Why Isn't There a Tuesday Thread, Penguins???? (Read 34 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Thanks, you guys! DW and I are proud of her. Not only is she a good runner, she is also a good girl (but I'm biased).

D2: In that meet the kids were racing against kids in the same grade; seniors, juniors...  She finished 13th out of 85.

Awood: Our other DD is the swimmer.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Heck, you have 2/3 of a tri relay team...lol

Thanks, you guys! DW and I are proud of her. Not only is she a good runner, she is also a good girl (but I'm biased).

D2: In that meet the kids were racing against kids in the same grade; seniors, juniors...  She finished 13th out of 85.

Awood: Our other DD is the swimmer.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Singer who runs a smidge

Scotty, glad you're ok!!  Hopefully the kid got good and scared by hitting someone.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Yeah, intervals...that sounds so fun, Damaris.  You are a masochist! Wink

Hope you're able to make up your miles, Zelanie!

Good luck with Daniels, Awood...don't drink too much of it.   Wink

Sorry to hear about your kitty, HsM, and hoping for good news for you.  My cat  (she's 12) was doing the same as yours and turned out she had a bladder stone.  Once removed, she was back to her old self.   Still, she is old, so someday we will lose her.  Can relate to what you're dealing with.  She really is MY cat too, as Gail says.  I was the one who rescued her, then adopted her, when she was only a year old, and maybe she knows that, lol.  When I go into a different room at home, she follows me, lol, and lays down nearby whereever I am in any room i the house.  Then goes back to sleeping on the arm of my favorite chair when I return to my chair and plop down to watch TV, read, etc.

Good luck, Jimmy, with the running!  Hope the quads behave.

Nice photo of the DD, Jack.  Future Olympian!   Big grin   Good luck with your run.  Oh, I replied to your PM you sent me.

Awood/HsM:   I don't think the kid even realized he DID hit me cuz he just kept texting and kept going.  As said, he was going pretty slow cuz of the campus speed limit, and he just barely caught the back of my shoe, as I was almost all the way across the street and moving to get out of the way.  I may be fat but I don't think I'm quite fat enough, lol, for a car to get any 'shakes" or vibrations from hitting the back of my foot.  He sure noticed after the driver behind him started honking his horn at the kid and after the cop started his siren.  And to his credit, the guy behind him did stop and check on me, and also gave his statement to the cop.  Also, I think the cop scared the kid quite a bit, the officer gave him a pretty good chewing out and was right up in his face while he did it, and  the officer also even made him do those 'sobriety' test things - walking the line, touching his nose, etc - all in view of other students walking by, and drivers going past, so probably embarrassed the heck out of him too, he'll probably get some 'feedback" from friends and acquaintances who recognized him.   I almost felt sorry for him.  Almost, but not quite.  Hopefully, he will learn from this.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

HsM: Sad

Scotty: Man, that could have been bad. I responded to your response. Smile

Singer who runs a smidge

Well, I called DH to see what the vet said, and turns out he hasn't taken her in yet.  I dunno, maybe he thought that if she hadn't eaten in a day and a half, she'd just perk up and start bouncing around the house?  Hell, maybe we should just shove her out in the yard and shoot her instead.  AngryAngryAngry

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Dad on the run.

Finally got a schedule from my cousin on when his cross country races are. He has one this saturday that is about 1.5 hour drive from our house. We are going to go watch him and then stop by this DELICIOUS hamburger joint in Brookwood, AL on the way home Smile Should be a fun filled Saturday.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Docket_Rocket

Well, I called DH to see what the vet said, and turns out he hasn't taken her in yet.  I dunno, maybe he thought that if she hadn't eaten in a day and a half, she'd just perk up and start bouncing around the house?  Hell, maybe we should just shove her out in the yard and shoot her instead.  AngryAngryAngry

Hello?  he better take her now.  I'm sure she is getting dehydrated!  Yell!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Mmmmm...beer

Scotty, glad you're ok!

Awood, daylight, who said anything about daylight? lol  I actually like running in the dark, I don't like getting up at 4am, but the dark part I like.

Jack, that's great!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

I busted myself up once already this year.  Too close to marathon to risk doing it again.

Scotty, glad you're ok!

Awood, daylight, who said anything about daylight? lol  I actually like running in the dark, I don't like getting up at 4am, but the dark part I like.

Jack, that's great!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Singer who runs a smidge

Hello?  he better take her now.  I'm sure she is getting dehydrated!  Yell!

At least yesterday she was drinking plenty.  I don't know about today, I didn't ask.  And I didn't yell, but there was definitely some implied "Get up off your ass and take the poor cat to the vet!!"

Sometimes he really takes for granted the fact that we're single income and he doesn't have a 9-5 job.  These are the days when I come home to find him unshowered, wearing sweatpants, and watching Netflix, having neglected to thaw the chicken for dinner, playing solitaire, with a sick kitty.

These days require a reality check.  But I'd rather the reality check not be a dead kitty!

GinnyinPA

HopesMom - I hope they are able to cure your sick kitty.  I don't blame you for being mad at DH; I would be too.  Maybe he wanted to wait until you could be there in case there was bad news?

Scotty - only you can get hit by a car and keep on running.  I'm glad you're all right.

Jack - she's beautiful and makes running look easy.  Nice.  I hope your 10 mile run went well.

Dave - I wouldn't mind running at night when it's hot, but on a cold morning - brrrr!

Damaris - I'm glad your husband is able to run again.  Are you running together again?  Enjoy your 9 this evening.

Z - I hope you get a run in this evening.

Jimmy - I'm glad your running is going well again.  Are your friends still running too, or is it just you?  Is your wife still running?

AFM:  I did 3 miles walk/run on the TM.  It's another beautiful day, but I didn't want to face the hills again so soon.  It will take a while to get my lungs back.

Singer who runs a smidge

So DH left me a voicemail while I was in seminar.  It was sort of hard to hear, but I think the gist was a kidney infection.  He was on his way to pick her back up, so sounds like it's not a terrible thing.

Big grin

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

So DH left me a voicemail while I was in seminar.  It was sort of hard to hear, but I think the gist was a kidney infection.  He was on his way to pick her back up, so sounds like it's not a terrible thing.

Big grin

I had a baby goat that had that once....infection was in its knee...Big grin

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Sounds like good news.

Big grin

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost